Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ability to ambush confirmed

HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

As seen in the newest vid, and confirmed by OhSnap (Marketing Coordinator
NetDevil)

I am not a dev... but I can tell you that in the game you are able to ambush people. Especially those whom do not pay attention when cruising through a sector... you will be a far easier target to gank.

However pilots will have some tools to see other players lurking and be able to counter the ambush. Hiding behind asteroids can only get you so far if you are up against a skilled attentive pilot.

This could certainly make for some very fun game play if it's done well.

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    It's good to see they moved away from wow in space. This could be competition for CCP after all. Those guys could use a little fire lit under their asses.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Sounds awsome..

But man.. I been waiting for JGE or BP for a while now.. Still nothing on OB for either..

Might have to give EvE another sub.. I played relegiously for 4 months straight but then our corp got war dec'd and i was stuck in station for a week straight and eventually jus got bored of doin that and quit with the intentions of comeing back eventually, but i never did.. I finnaly got to T2 too >.>

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• RebornDragonRebornDragon Member UncommonPosts: 121

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Sounds awsome..

But man.. I been waiting for JGE or BP for a while now.. Still nothing on OB for either..

Might have to give EvE another sub.. I played relegiously for 4 months straight but then our corp got war dec'd and i was stuck in station for a week straight and eventually jus got bored of doin that and quit with the intentions of comeing back eventually, but i never did.. I finnaly got to T2 too >.>

Black Prohpecy is going to be a Free2Play cash shop game....in other worlds...it's going to be a failure. I had such high hopes for it too. image

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Actually, this is unfortunately some of the only encouraging news coming out about the game. Overall, it looks like it's not going to be much of a game afterall. More like a bad imitation of Global Agenda in space, with THE stupidest looking ships in any game to date.

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

I don't think F2P is a death sentence for either BP or JGE, necessarily.  It depends on how you run your F2P shop.  If they let you "buy success", then yes, death, doom, and angry hardcore players.

If a game is F2P, but you can buy customization and other stuff that doesn't affect gameplay, they're probably fine.  The big thing that F2P can do for a title is help fill its servers.  An empty game is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  A free download lets a lot of people sample the game.  If the game is decent, they'll stay.

Of course, if any game has serious flaws, F2P just means everyone can see those flaws for free, guaranteeing no one will pay for it.  Good for us consumers, not so much for the publisher.

• skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Originally posted by Aristides
    I don't think F2P is a death sentence for either BP or JGE, necessarily.  It depends on how you run your F2P shop.  If they let you "buy success", then yes, death, doom, and angry hardcore players.
    If a game is F2P, but you can buy customization and other stuff that doesn't affect gameplay, they're probably fine.  The big thing that F2P can do for a title is help fill its servers.  An empty game is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  A free download lets a lot of people sample the game.  If the game is decent, they'll stay.
    Of course, if any game has serious flaws, F2P just means everyone can see those flaws for free, guaranteeing no one will pay for it.  Good for us consumers, not so much for the publisher.

yea i agree, the problem though with an action MMO is your target audience is so many players who play F2P games. i think F2p, with an optional subscription and cash shop could work. aslong as yea, cash does not make you OP.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

I am looking at Taikodom also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mRrnWoVcH8

• RavZterzRavZterz Member UncommonPosts: 618

Originally posted by Asheram

That game was fun for a while, plays just like ACE online so if you liked ACE you'd probably like it.

Make games you want to play.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RavikAztar

Originally posted by Ravik

Originally posted by Asheram

That game was fun for a while, plays just like ACE online so if you liked ACE you'd probably like it.

What do you mean was?Is it playable somewhere? Because right now it will be starting closed beta at Gamersfirst sometime before the end of the year. 

• DhaemanDhaeman Member Posts: 531

F2P works - Turbine didn't do that twice just to lose money.

As long as item malls are handled in a way that doesn't overpower players in such a way that another player couldn't reach the same status by playing more than all will be well. It's when the best items are only available in the item mall that it becomes a "death sentence".

• JGEFanboiJGEFanboi Member Posts: 7

Toikodom has been released before about 2 years ago, after going through a closed and open beta session.

Not sure what's going on with it now if it's now unreleased and going through another beta session, but could just be that a new publisher got hold of the english rights to the game and have decided to hype it up again? 

Originally posted by JGEFanboi

Toikodom has been released before about 2 years ago, after going through a closed and open beta session.

Not sure what's going on with it now if it's now unreleased and going through another beta session, but could just be that a new publisher got hold of the english rights to the game and have decided to hype it up again? 

Gamersfirst did,it is going to closed beta before the end of 2010 there.

Seems a bit daft to me to go through a closed beta of a title that was/is already released and in a commercial state just to hype it up though.

Originally posted by JGEFanboi

Seems a bit daft to me to go through a closed beta of a title that was/is already released and in a commercial state just to hype it up though.

Well I doubt it is for hype I mean how many times have you seen it mentioned on here or any other 3rd party mmo site?I am pretty sure they want to make sure all works well under their care and there are no bugs,glitches etc.I think they have added new stuff and changed some things too.I havnt seen some big hype campaign like I have for other games so.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=91800  

Oh well, who cares about that game. This is a JGE forum! :)

You checked out my thread with the video to playtesting footage I stumbled across? :)