Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cantari - Totaly make over, from ugly to beautiful

thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Now MO has it's beautiful reworked graphics certain specifc areas in the game got a complete overhaul to look better and create the MO atmosphere ingame.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/54509-south-east-cantari.html

A very impressive job from the world designers as the images go through the before and after for those who've never played MO. Mortal offers one of the most immersive landscapes and atmosphere found in the MMO genre and I applaud SV for making it even better and better.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by I_Return

Wasn't impressed with use of the technology. Everything just clashes  and makes no real effort to really make a conhesive landscape.  Think they have a lot of homewrok to do .

You're crazy, it looks very impressive. The designers behind it is sticking to the dark ominious feel the game has and he does it well judging from the provided screens in this thread.

Originally posted by parrotpholk

It does look very nice. Now if only shiney graphics made a good game then it would be perfect.  They are going in the right direction though. Will be interesting to see if funding is enough to make it decent a year from now.

So we've got;

- Good graphics

- Great crafting

- Great combat

- Diversity in characters

- Still needing some awesome PvE, bring on the AI fixes.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by thorppes

Now MO has it's beautiful reworked graphics certain specifc areas in the game got a complete overhaul to look better and create the MO atmosphere ingame.

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/54509-south-east-cantari.html

A very impressive job from the world designers as the images go through the before and after for those who've never played MO. Mortal offers one of the most immersive landscapes and atmosphere found in the MMO genre and I applaud SV for making it even better and better.

for crying out loud man it looks almost exactly the same.

the only thing they added was some tree details a bit smoother combat and some different overal colors...oh yea and sun rays, whoopty do. there has been nothing impressive about this lates "messiah" epic patch. if anything, tons of old glitches and buggs there were fixed multiple times have came back.

is it better then before? yes. is it impressively so? no. is it "MO 2"? no. is the game even remotely close to a finished product? STILL NO. do the improvements change it into a much more exciting game to play? no.

there is still nothing to do. there is still no economy. there is still no reason to pvp or siege. there are still tons of glitches and buggs, some new many of them old. animals in game ares till as dumb as ever. there are still very few people playing this game. combat is still plagued by many buggs like desync and weird graphycal buggs.

all things considered, very uninpressive.

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328

I really want to play this game no lie. Either out of sheer boredom or just because this whole "first-person" MMO gameplay interests me but this game has been riddled with problems since release which no one in their right mind can deny was premature. This game is from everything I read up on still very much in alpha testing if not beta now with this "epic jesus" patch. I can't find enough people's posts who will support this game as it is no matter how much they love it that will convince me to pay for this game to try it out. Wasting $50 isn't really much of an option anymore with college so as great my urge to try it out is.... the reality is it is still very much broken and isn't worth the investment at the moment.

On a side-note, the graphic updates are very nice, anyone else that says otherwise is out of their mind. But everyone requires more than just pretty scenery from their MMO.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

I thought the art style wasn't that good, but the graphics were the least thing that needed updated.

How about the rest of the game? Wheres the fix for that?

• NoobgrenNoobgren Member Posts: 102

Comparing MO to AoC is rather silly.

MO: totally open, non-instanced world. Skill-based system with no quests and ffa oPvP+full loot. No teleporting or insta-travel.

AoC: heavily instanced world, class-based & level-based system centered around quests. Consequence-free PvP dependant on PvE grinding. All travel is insta-travel.

Totally different games, totally different PvP styles.

Sure, AoC has some pretty graphics but since it's an extremely instanced game that's not really an impressive feat. They're not that "dark" either, except compared to WoW perhaps.

• NoobgrenNoobgren Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by Noobgren

Comparing MO to AoC is rather silly.

MO: totally open, non-instanced world. Skill-based system with no quests and ffa oPvP+full loot. No teleporting or insta-travel.

AoC: heavily instanced world, class-based & level-based system centered around quests. Consequence-free PvP dependant on PvE grinding. All travel is insta-travel.

Totally different games, totally different PvP styles.

Sure, AoC has some pretty graphics but since it's an extremely instanced game that's not really an impressive feat. They're not that "dark" either, except compared to WoW perhaps.

Please explain "pvp styles" ? Explain how killing a player in one game if different in another... You press buttons, a reaction happens on screen "hiot" or "miss" you repeat, until the player is dead.  I  been playing pvp games for a long time, the same action cause the same reaction in every game that supports pvp.

IF a game utulizes insta travel , like shadowbane, it was highly effective for strategy, to teleoport into cities, teleport groups ect. saying that teleoporting or instant travel is not worth having in pvp, is pretty much  limiting a players freedom in how they parcipate in massive grroup pvp, plan for seges ect. Being able to use a Vamp scout inside a city to summon in a druid was EPIC. Good summoning parties could summon a whole group in under 1 minute. That is just out right awesome pvp component, when implemented well, as it was with SHadowbane.

I would agree with the OP with this, the graphics have improved, but have a long way to go.

You simplify gaming a lot. All games are about pushing buttons to make pixels act on a screen. Does that mean Super Mario Bros. is no different from Civilization V?

MO's combat is primarily twitch based, using mouse buttons and manual aim. AoC is special (different from most WoW-clones) because it has a manual aim element, however it's still basically about pushing hotkeys in a certain order to get the right combos off. MO's first person view also makes for a different style of playing than the standard third person view.

But the main difference ofc lies in the core structure. Full loot PvP provides consequences for death, while the non-instanced world of MO - with local banking and no fast travel - creates its own logistic challenges. In AoC you might get ganked by level 80s at noob town without the ability to do shit about it, but death has no real consequence whatsoever. In MO you can get jumped anywhere, and lose everything in your inventory, but since the game is more about player skill than char skill, you can fight back and hold your own if you know what you're doing. Plus, the risk vs reward element increases the intensity of the gameplay since you have to be wary and on your guard all the time. You have to plan ahead, stack resources, be ready for the unforseen.

Not everyone likes this "realistic" approach however, and prefer levels, zones, summoning and such. To each his own. But to compare these two utterly different games is misleading IMO.

pvp at its core, is no different then any other game. You lost your inventorry in Shadowbane as well as a chance to lose inventory or a armor in Lineage 2.  In shadowbane killing people was a great way to get runes, money, glass items, you could also be a thief in Shadowbane and steal items. Think once you played a game like SHadowbane , with great players, and then you play MO, it just feels lame.

Im glad you like MO and it gives you , your first pvp experience, but most pvp vets will  not be playing MO and are waiting for SHadowbane 2 or the EMU.

Each to his own I suppose. MO has ffa pvp with looting, has theiving, has great players and not so great players. PvP vets do play MO because it's complex and challenging at its core.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

pvp at its core, is no different then any other game. You lost your inventorry in Shadowbane as well as a chance to lose inventory or a armor in Lineage 2.  In shadowbane killing people was a great way to get runes, money, glass items, you could also be a thief in Shadowbane and steal items. Think once you played a game like SHadowbane , with great players, and then you play MO, it just feels lame.

Im glad you like MO and it gives you , your first pvp experience, but most pvp vets will  not be playing MO and are waiting for SHadowbane 2 or the EMU.

Each to his own I suppose. MO has ffa pvp with looting, has theiving, has great players and not so great players. PvP vets do play MO because it's complex and challenging at its core.

Think what makes the pvp complex is crafting weapons capable to killing ?

Umm teh?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

The PvP is complex because...

- You die in 2-7 hits depending on HP and armour (As a fully developed character), this means keeping your distance from other peoples aim is essential and that perfectly blocking hits will make a significant impact on your chances for survival

- You're manually aiming your hits for the head preferably for maximum damage whilst keeping tab on what going off around you

- Limited amount of stamina/mana to use and consider the best way to use it whilst getting advantage

- The skills your opponent has, is he a meele/mage hybrid? Will he simply use a healing spell if I back up too far? Can he pull out a bow if I try to run away?

- The equipment they have, is it easier to have mages take care of them? Can I 2-3 shot them? Is that a tungsteel sword or just a steel one...

- Everything else happening around you.

Yep a lot of games force you to consider these things but the speed of which you can die combined with having to block perfectly and aim your moves makes it all the more harder in MO.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

The PvP is complex because...

- You die in 2-7 hits depending on HP and armour (As a fully developed character), this means keeping your distance from other peoples aim is essential and that perfectly blocking hits will make a significant impact on your chances for survival

- You're manually aiming your hits for the head preferably for maximum damage whilst keeping tab on what going off around you

- Limited amount of stamina/mana to use and consider the best way to use it whilst getting advantage

- The skills your opponent has, is he a meele/mage hybrid? Will he simply use a healing spell if I back up too far? Can he pull out a bow if I try to run away?

- The equipment they have, is it easier to have mages take care of them? Can I 2-3 shot them? Is that a tungsteel sword or just a steel one...

- Everything else happening around you.

Yep a lot of games force you to consider these things but the speed of which you can die combined with having to block perfectly and aim your moves makes it all the more harder in MO.

Umm, shooters have been doing this for over a decade. And without the 200ms tacked onto every click.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

This thread has gone too far off topic. Locked. In the future, please try to stay on the topic of the thread.

This discussion has been closed.