Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDERS.

VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Do you have OCD's??? If so what kind???? if not are you in denial?????

please share some interesting OCD stories.

i personally have 4, after about 10 posts or so ill say which ones i got.

ps i reserve the right to make fun of anyone who posts on this subject( but its all in good fun)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

Comments

• VercadesVercades Member Posts: 1,065
    If I do too much repetition I start fixating on things and it gets hard to stop fixating.  One bad habit is turning off and on a light before I leave rooms, I don't do it all the time but, it gets triggered every so often. LOL
  • GoldenblackGoldenblack Member Posts: 38

Undiagnosed. :) Lots of unwanted intrusive thoughts of a repugnant nature (though I'm more or less used to them), as well as barking out swears and blasphemies and that sort of thing when people aren't around, a la tourettes. I don't have any rituals, though. Just a whole bunch of unwanted compulsivity. :)

No interesting stories. Sorry.

-Golden

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by Goldenblack

Undiagnosed. :) Lots of unwanted intrusive thoughts of a repugnant nature (though I'm more or less used to them), as well as barking out swears and blasphemies and that sort of thing when people aren't around, a la tourettes. I don't have any rituals, though. Just a whole bunch of unwanted compulsivity. :)

No interesting stories. Sorry.

..... thats not a obsessive compulsive disorder, thats just bad habbits.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Most gamers will eat nearly anything you put beside them while they are gaming.

I think humans, as a whole, have compulsive eating behavior when happy, food is within reach and they are busy with something.

As long as they dont overly dislike the food in question, they will eat it, without even really thinking about it...

So you have make a decent dessert but it is to hard for peoples to actually eat it at the dinner table?  Try making smaller format(cut it) and put it on the gaming table, if it dont get completely eaten, I would be surprised.  I see old cookies that nobody would eat under normal conditions(they still are good, but to hard becase old) been completely ravaged during gaming sessions.

Putting the food beside someone(even yourself) playing a MMORPG will lead to the same results, yet food + computer = messy mixt, but it is a good way to eat stuff you want to eat but would not usually, not that they are bad, just not appealing enought usually...(like putting vegetables, dont put those you actually dislike, just put some you are extremely neutral toward, you will see, you will have eaten them without reallly realize you did).

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I think my OCD is contantly checking the off topic board for new posts with my Sidekick every 30 minutes.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

I definitely have one. My car is a manual transmission and it NEVER fails, even if I KNOW I pulled up on the emergency brake, once I am 20-30 feet away from my car, I'll walk all the way back to look in to confirm the emergency brake is up. I do this everytime I get out of the car when I am driving. If my wife is driving I don't do it. Half the time I'm walking back to the car saying to myself "I know I pulled up on it, but I just need to confirm that..."

So, yes, I know I have a OCD, no, I'm not in denial that I have it, but I can't seem to fight it.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

i am a symetrist meaning EVERYTHING, has to be symetrical u should see the legos i did and still have but dont actively build or modify. there is always a line in the center and on either side of that line there is perfect symetry.

this gets particularly out of control in math class, where we have a case for the graphing calculators and i always move all of them around to make sure its symetrical.

every time i park my car at night i always go back to check if i put my cd's up and if my lights inside or outside the car are on.

those are my main two.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Originally posted by dsorrent

I definitely have one. My car is a manual transmission and it NEVER fails, even if I KNOW I pulled up on the emergency brake, once I am 20-30 feet away from my car, I'll walk all the way back to look in to confirm the emergency brake is up. I do this everytime I get out of the car when I am driving. If my wife is driving I don't do it. Half the time I'm walking back to the car saying to myself "I know I pulled up on it, but I just need to confirm that..."
    So, yes, I know I have a OCD, no, I'm not in denial that I have it, but I can't seem to fight it.

Yep. In similarity. I'm the same way...Although not with car brakes.

Sometimes, even if I know I did something. I gotta make doubly sure, just to ease myself. Or it continually bugs me until I make sure.

Definitely annoying.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

I haven't been diagnosed, but I'm sure I have something wrong. I find myself constantly checking things before I go to bed, checking all the doors are closed/locked, all the downloads I want are running, my volume is off. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't find myself checking this stuff more than 3 times a night. I could list more example, but in many areas of my life I find myself being sure if I really did something I remember myself doing.

--------------------------------------

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I do the same thing. I turn off every light, make sure the fridge is closed, make sure TVs are off, make sure my alarm is set a dozen times...I think it just comes with being human and getting used to turning things off.

Perhaps OCD is just the human mind adapting to new tasks that do not come primally.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• HarelinHarelin Member UncommonPosts: 409

Yeah, I definitely have the 'before bed' OCD. I'm probably so used to most of the things I do by now, it doesn't even register. But I know when I'm switching a light off, for instance, my finger will linger on the switch and I'll make a subtle double take on it and apply a little more pressure just to make sure I flipped the switch (even though I know I did and the light went off).

It's probably all manifested itself in my computer habits, like obsessive forum checking. :)

• terstaxterstax Member Posts: 353

I have many little quirks. One that immediately jumps to mind is the order in which I'll eat food, especially when at a sit down fast food joint. I'll eat all of the fries first, for example. Then I'll eat the hamburger. By then, I'm ready to go, but I have yet to sip any of my drink. When refills are free, you'd think I'd be guzzling the stuff. But no, not me...I'll begin drinking once I've left the place.