Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why the two servers?

pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

I've following Alganon for almost a year.Did the trial twice and now playing the free form occasionaly.The reason why i play it? Well i consider Alganon a relaxing and easy going mmo that satisfies me well for a free-pve mmo. 

I realise that the whole issue for this game is population.It has to rise.And i am sure Derek Smart and Quest online do what they think is best(even though many disagree with the actions taken). But i wonder why do they still have two servers? And worst of all , they have added some"potential' new servers (which are in-active for the moment) . Wouldn't  the population issue be a bit "helped" if there was a merge? You can always add new servers easier than getting new customers imo.And since there is no PVP yet, i definetely see no reason to keep two servers running , dividing that way the existing (and admittingly low population).

*In case this has to do with the stature of a game that diminishes when its servers merge into smaller numbers, may i remind bigger (in production) mmos that have ended up with 2-4 servers after less than a year , starting off with 10-16 !!!)

Comments

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by pupurun

I've following Alganon for almost a year.Did the trial twice and now playing the free form occasionaly.The reason why i play it? Well i consider Alganon a relaxing and easy going mmo that satisfies me well for a free-pve mmo. 

I realise that the whole issue for this game is population.It has to rise.And i am sure Derek Smart and Quest online do what they think is best(even though many disagree with the actions taken). But i wonder why do they still have two servers? And worst of all , they have added some"potential' new servers (which are in-active for the moment) . Wouldn't  the population issue be a bit "helped" if there was a merge? You can always add new servers easier than getting new customers imo.And since there is no PVP yet, i definetely see no reason to keep two servers running , dividing that way the existing (and admittingly low population).

*In case this has to do with the stature of a game that diminishes when its servers merge into smaller numbers, may i remind bigger (in production) mmos that have ended up with 2-4 servers after less than a year , starting off with 10-16 !!!)

Not only are there two servers, but they're adding European servers.

~Ripper

• nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

Yeah this didn't make sense to me either,

I'm actually playing from Europe, and a good half of our guild (which is one of the more active ones on Adrios) is from Europe. We already have characters here, we're certainly not going to move our whole operation to another server since so many of our other guildmates are playing from the states. I'm curious about the no-server-merge myself, though I am glad they haven't done it since you can only have 1 character study per server, as opposed to allowing all your characters to study. If the study restriction was removed I'd be all for a merge, might be able to get enough people together to form a team for an instance ;)

Gaming? That's not gaming!
    That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

The perfect time for them to merge serves was when F2P arrived.  If they haven't done so by now they're never going to.  And it is one of several decisions that are really biting them in the ass.  Adding a european server will only make things worse.