Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player needs advise.........

bmw1966bmw1966 Member Posts: 49

Im really only playing so I can get the 30/50 for GW2 but I am alittle confused..........do I only need to do the missions to get these rewards or do I need to do ALL the quests as well?

I feel if I miss random quests in all the areas I will be missing something..........or can I just follow the main storyline mission quests and be ok.  Im like ALL OVER the place trying to finish quests.

Im level 10 and still in the ascalon fort ranik and piken area.....

Even shit sometimes has corn in it. That's content.

Sometimes poo is soft and other times it's rock hard, that's variety.

Actually the only thing FFXIV even has in common with crap is that it stinks.

but the music's good For 5 minutes - "theartist"

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

The random quests will give you xp to level and a lot of free skills, at least in the Prophecies campaign. You could just do the main campaign but it might make it a bit more difficult later on. I suggest at least doing the side quests that give skills as a reward.

If you are just doing this for the HoM I hope you enjoy playing, at least a bit. Getting to 30 points will be a long trek and if you don't enjoy playing the game it will be a miserable experience. Here is a link that is a good guide for your Hall of Monuments:

http://www.massively.com/tag/the-road-to-50/

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

You dont have to do all the side quests. You can get by just fine by doing the main story. Some side quests are good to do untill you reach lev 20 or might get a skill or to from them. 

Its going to take a while to get 30/50. I have been playing for a long time and am at 36/50 

You can do it but it will take al ot of time to do so. Completing all the story missions would be the best thing to start doing i think. 

• bmw1966bmw1966 Member Posts: 49

Yes i do enjoy playing.......but I just didnt want to be running around trying to do EVERY quest when I didnt really have to.  I will take the suggestion and do the quests that offer skills.

Even shit sometimes has corn in it. That's content.

Sometimes poo is soft and other times it's rock hard, that's variety.

Actually the only thing FFXIV even has in common with crap is that it stinks.

but the music's good For 5 minutes - "theartist"

• highvoltahighvolta Member UncommonPosts: 130

To get HoM rewards you need to do certain tasks / titles.

Look on guild wars wiki to see what you have to do. Then you can start doing them :) 

• anielianieli Member Posts: 114

You don't need to do any of the side quests. If you want 30/50, you are in for a looooooong ride. I've got a friend who has like 25 maxed out titles and he is still sitting at 35 I think. Another friend has 42/50 and he literally has all the titles maxed out and vanquished everything, and all the hard mode missions + elite missions etc.

30/50 is hard to get especially if you are just starting.