Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do classes feel overpowered ?

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

So I been messing around with some classes such as a feral druid, shadow priest and a destro warlock and my god I just plow through everything in no time ?Was it because of the way they situated the talent tree or is it really getting to the point where they just want you to rush out of level 1-60 ? I don't know it just feels so weird I guess. For example I get mangle as a feral druid so early and all I need to do is hit 2 skills per mob and they are done. It is insane.

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Originally posted by SaintViktor

So I been messing around with some classes such as a feral druid, shadow priest and a destro warlock and my god I just plow through everything in no time ?Was it because of the way they situated the talent tree or is it really getting to the point where they just want you to rush out of level 1-60 ? I don't know it just feels so weird I guess. For example I get mangle as a feral druid so early and all I need to do is hit 2 skills per mob and they are done. It is insane.

It will not feel insane once Cataclysm releases...the game is balanced for Cat now so it is a little unsettling...wait until Cat and the new areas hit...you'll wish you were OP...some MOB's hit really hard now and you'll be wishing you could hit back just as hard. 

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Once they actually change the world, mobs are different. At least according to what people are saying in beta.

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

They want you to buy the expansion. Since the new world is going to be available whether you buy it or not, it is in their interest to get you to 80 as fast as possible to entice you to buy. Just the facts as i see em.

Archlinux ftw

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I guess that makes sense. I was also wondering what is a good server to start a new character on. Right now I am on Bronzebeard and it seems there are hardly any low level people playing. Seems the majority have level 80s.

Originally posted by SaintViktor

I guess that makes sense. I was also wondering what is a good server to start a new character on. Right now I am on Bronzebeard and it seems there are hardly any low level people playing. Seems the majority have level 80s.

Yeah, WoW is pretty topheavy. This is mostly due to it's age. Cataclysm will likely address some of this since many players will want to experience the new content. Expansions also tend to bring in new players as well.

One thing that could help you with your immediate situation is either PvP or using the dungeon finder. Because it is cross-realm, you can usually get a group going pretty easily.

• ArnstrongArnstrong Member Posts: 281

Originally posted by ReallyNow10

The game has been out since 2004.  The only low levels you are likely to see are alt and folks wanting to try out the Goblins and Worgens when Cata releases.

There are no new experiences left in WOW, only beaten paths.

Cataclysm Beta deleted ALL 3000 quests from level 1 to 60 for all  zones.

And all zones in old Azeroth were changed.

These landscape and quest changes are not in yet in patch 4.01.

Before talking, be informed first.

• RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127

on boulderfist I still see some low levels and the battlegroup dungeon finder makes experience dungeon content nice and groups are found fast....but boulderfist is a pretty fail server in terms of our endgame guilds and such. But its nice i resubed just to play with some old friends...having fun

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396

So what classes are currently OP in the beta for cataclysm?

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by Arnstrong

Originally posted by ReallyNow10

The game has been out since 2004.  The only low levels you are likely to see are alt and folks wanting to try out the Goblins and Worgens when Cata releases.

There are no new experiences left in WOW, only beaten paths.

Cataclysm Beta deleted ALL 3000 quests from level 1 to 60 for all  zones.

And all zones in old Azeroth were changed.

These landscape and quest changes are not in yet in patch 4.01.

Before talking, be informed first.

Informed? He's right about the beaten path. The quests may change but the game will still be the same in the end.

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

Informed? He's right about the beaten path. The quests may change but the game will still be the same in the end.

You mean...? It's going to be World of Warcraft?!

*gasp*

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by colddog04

Originally posted by Sanguinelust

You mean...? It's going to be World of Warcraft?!

*gasp*

Exactly!! That guy gets it!

• godzilr1godzilr1 Member UncommonPosts: 550

becuase you wouldn't pay 15/month if you were just mob fodder (looks at EQ,   /scowls......)

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Live may have the class changes in but as mentioned those changes are balanced against the Cataclysm content on the beta servers. That said balance isn't really a real word yet in beta ... more like massive swings in random directions.

Overall mods are tougher in Cata and become stronger at higher levels. Live was easy mode even before the patch so it is hard to compare.

For those who haven't seen or played beta much though I can say the changes are more schocking and interesting than you may think. It's still world of warcraft and maintains that certain feel but at the same time it takes on that new game smell as well. Story telling is vastly superior, new tech implemented in questing, majority of old world quests entirely new, landscapes almost unrecognizable at  times, dramatic improvement to ui, hugely different leveling experience due to progression changes in classes all contribute to a different feel.

If a player is entering Cataclysm simply to level their 80 to 85 and continue raiding by queue popping and nothing more they are missing out completely and I truly feel sorry for them.

Right now class balance is the biggest issue (aside of bugs and new content testing balancing) and for the person who asked what class is most OP right now: If differs from patch to patch. Casters in general with mage and walock on top were the OP but melee got a huge buff lately with casters getting select nerfs so the whining has crossed over a larger selection of classes now. One can gleen from this that balance is getting better overall when you have more options to whine :) Individual powers and talents still have issues across the board.

You stay sassy!