Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed Beta Phases – The Rundown

PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

With the beginning of the first phase of closed beta testing fast approaching, many people are wondering what will be focused on in terms of game play and mechanics testing.

With two phases currently planned for closed beta testing, the first phase will focus primarily on the following aspects of Forsaken World:

• Content up to level 30.  Characters will be capped at this point during phase 1.

• Starting zones for all races

• Basic guild functions

• Beginner pets and pet functions

• Crafting and refining

• All UI elements

Phase 2 will broaden the horizons a little bit, with content up to level 50 being accessible.  The following aspects of Forsaken World will then be open for testing:

• Guild Wars

• Arena Battles

• Dueling

• Cash Shop enabled (players will be provided cash shop currency for free during this phase)

• Advanced guild functions

• Advanced pet functions

Tentatively, these beta phases are slated to last around 3 to 4 weeks a piece.  As a we get closer to the launch of the open beta, more and more players will be allowed access to the closed beta for testing purposes.  Eventually, all players will have the opportunity to play during a closed beta phase.

Closed beta phase 1 begins on October 27th.  We thank everyone for their patience in waiting for the start date of the Closed beta!  The wait will be worth it!

Comments

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203

orly?cool

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • PiasekPiasek Member Posts: 318

Hunt for beta keys in comments here: http://fw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=131841

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I'd love to give this game a try, but I'm afraid it's yet an other "easy to play" game where you auto-walk to quest goals and the alike. Aside from PW itself, all other PWi games have these so extremely easy features.

Anyway... CU all in FW at the end of the month ;-)

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Reizla
    I'd love to give this game a try, but I'm afraid it's yet an other "easy to play" game where you auto-walk to quest goals and the alike. Aside from PW itself, all other PWi games have these so extremely easy features.
    Anyway... CU all in FW at the end of the month ;-)

Yes it does have auto-walk.

No its not "easy to play". Questing and pretty much a lot of things require you to plan ahead and be good at group tactics(some of dungeon raid bosses are right down nasty and have a very EVIL AI, so they tend to, for example, aggro the healer instead of damage dealer or try to attack those with lowest health once their own health is low and its up to protectors for example to make sure that the monster is focused on what it needs to be focused.). Oh and hell, some of dungeons have different unlockable "levels" and variable random events.

Frankly, a lot of stuff depends on how good you master the game. Oh and quests affect your alignment and have different endings depending on your choices(endings that affect the game world and how game lore progresses)

But thats nothing compared to what starts at lvl30+ - guild management is very complex, crafting and professions is pretty much the only source of potions, gear or armors and I did not even go into the fortress stuff(which involves resource management and rts features combined with city simulator), gods and the whole pantheon politics stuff or advanced professions.

JD/ESO/KungFOO/BoI/HoTK this is not. IT feels more like LOTRO/RunesofMagic on steroids with the difficulty of the older mmo games and rpgs.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150

i have a question. Afterthat it will be a wipe or notXD

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by doomex
    i have a question. Afterthat it will be a wipe or notXD

most likely like this:

CB Phase1 > Cb Phase 2 = No Wipe

CB Phase2 > Whatever other cb phases will be needed = No Wipe

CB lstPhase(currently its 2) > Open Beta = a complete wipe

Open Beta > whatever comes after = no wipe ever again.

So yes,once cb ends there will be a wipe.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON