Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 million Steam-ed

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Great job by Valve providing good service. Thirty millions active accounts.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6282216.html?tag=latestheadlines%3Btitle%3B4

Comments

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

First class service.  A gamer's paradise.

I like that Gabe Newell is still with Valve going all the way back to Half Life 1.  None this "I'm going off to start my own ego-stroking pet project company and then jump ship when its a catastrophic failure" crap.  Knock on wood.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Steam just killed WoW in numbers!

We have a real WoW killer!

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Alot of games now require a steam account - otherwise I would not have one.  I prefer boxed games.

• NeerDoWellNeerDoWell Member Posts: 184

Originally posted by Explorium

Steam just killed WoW in numbers!

We have a real WoW killer!

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG” - Bill Gates

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

i like steam but hate it. 

if you try to mod your game (UI or mods) it goes haywire. 

if you are dumb enough to use hacks in a steam game and get vac banned you can actually lose all your games/account = lots of money flushed...

those are the only problems i have with it, but at the same time i like it cause i dont have to go popping around sites to find updates, it saves me time.  compared to when steam started to replace WAN for HL lmao its early years sucked. now its pretty stable :p

• PryettaPryetta Member UncommonPosts: 260

Originally posted by Ichmen

i like steam but hate it. 

if you try to mod your game (UI or mods) it goes haywire. 

if you are dumb enough to use hacks in a steam game and get vac banned you can actually lose all your games/account = lots of money flushed...

those are the only problems i have with it, but at the same time i like it cause i dont have to go popping around sites to find updates, it saves me time.  compared to when steam started to replace WAN for HL lmao its early years sucked. now its pretty stable :p

I use mods in Dragon Age....and Steam doesn't freak out on me lol. Also, if you use hacks...you deserve to be banned from both the game and steam. Don't hack lol.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

That is impossible.I have bene reliably informed for over a decade now that PC gaming is dead so those numbers are like The Cake...a lie!!!