Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YaY CCP nerf Jita spammers and scammers

cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

today is a sad day in eve CCP announced a nerf for our much loved Jita spammers and scammers, no more caldari navy drakes, caldari navy dominix etc etc

SCC approves addition of faction ships to the market

The SCC has been persuaded to relax their stringent hold on the market and will, with Incursion, allow the trade of all faction ships.  This is pretty cool for those of you looking for pimp rides to show off whilst cruising around Yulai with more bling bling.

BestSigEver :P

Comments

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

What are they going to do now!?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I doubt the lag is happening due fighter bombers. The lag issues were reported within very first days of the patch when there were virtually zero fighter bombers yet they were supposedly to lag everyone everywhere?

That does not seem to compute.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Gdemami

I doubt the lag is happening due fighter bombers. The lag issues were reported within very first days of the patch when there were virtually zero fighter bombers yet they were supposedly to lag everyone everywhere?

Of course fighter bombers are not the only cause, but let CCP fix what they can. Looking at those graphs, this seems like a necessary improvement if we're going to make any progress with the lag issue as a whole.

No magic switch to flip on this issue.

Originally posted by Comnitus

Of course fighter bombers are not the only cause, but let CCP fix what they can. Looking at those graphs, this seems like a necessary improvement if we're going to make any progress with the lag issue as a whole.
    No magic switch to flip on this issue.

There is certainly 'one' responsible issue causing the lag since the lag appeared with Dominion patch.

I assume the problem is the idiotic SCRUM that does not allow proper testing and back tracing of the changes.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

Several Factors and that was one of them, the fact that it got worse and worse after the first patch shows that and also the fact that tweaking the Fi-Bos improved performance shows that it contributed to the lag even if it seems minute.

So yes, it computes. Very much so.

This is not a game.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

remember that the number of drones was reduced because of lag like ~5 years ago

Originally posted by cosy

I shell repeat:

Not even a week past Dominion launch and the fleet battles were already screwed up. You want to tell me that fighter bombers spread out so fast and so massively to lag the whole cluster within very first days Dominion was launched?

That seems fairly unbelievable and lacks any decent proof...

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

I shell repeat:

Not even a week past Dominion launch and the fleet battles were already screwed up. You want to tell me that fighter bombers spread out so fast and so massively to lag the whole cluster within very first days Dominion was launched?

You have obviously not been playing EVE for very long....as an alpha/beta tester and an avid player for 5+ years after launch, i've seen miniscule things completely destroy the entire TQ cluster. You need more faith young grasshopper.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

I shell repeat:

well your logic is good but all humans except Linus Torvalds put bugs in their code

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

This. While I'm pretty sure that Fighter-Bombers do cause lag, I'm equally sure that they're not the prime cause. That said, this will help the big fleet fights where lag is worst, so it's good.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

I dont think fighter bombers were to blame for gate timers and disconnects when a gang of 12 was travelling for instance.

Give me liberty or give me lasers