Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perpetuum First Contact - Open Beta started today

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Hello people,

i feel to reflect some very first impressions about Perpetuum Online.

First of all, it seems to be solid.

A solid piece of software and the people behind seems to know what they do.

From downloading the game over patching to Open Beta over account creation etc, it was technicallly perfect.

No glitches at all, a clean start and the software runs very good on my older dual core.

Then i bottet into my little metal crab with a gun and some mining tools.

Hello World :)

A nice and easy Tutorial explains the handling of the game, the movements, combat, mining, navigation, ...

The user interface is something outstanding and what looked like a information hype on the first view, emerges pretty clear after some minutes. The gameworld is very huge, the grafix are top DX9, animations a fine so far, i am impressed.

There is some mechanical "wildlife" like i.e. Drones to kill and to practise combat. Mining can also be done but i dont reached that point yet.

After finding one of the terminals, i got access to the markets and equipment sections in the game as well as ingame mail and a very lot of other stuff.

That was my first hour in Perpetuum Online and it was a impressive one.

You people should give it a try, it seems to be a solid game :)

Comments

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

I know it's EVE-ish, but that's all. Some screenie would be good, or perhaps you could fraps some?

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Im also impressed with the game.

I <3 mechs

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by yaminsux
    I know it's EVE-ish, but that's all. Some screenie would be good, or perhaps you could fraps some?

Old but my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCXEKspMzUQ

• BesttheiswowBesttheiswow Member Posts: 301

Its eve on earth..if they are lucky and continue the good work this game can grow and develope like eve did...

Ofcourse this type of mmo is not for everyone tastes..just like eve isnt..

• DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by yaminsux

Old but my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCXEKspMzUQ

Here is my favourite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_xJ-LRGcQ

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I logged in.. saw I have 10 fps so i turned EVERYTHING in oprions menu and had maybe 12 fps. Sorry but I would like to new games be at least a little optimised. I checked the recomened requirements so the game should be at least playable in 1024 but it wasn;t..

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by TwilightEdge
    I logged in.. saw I have 10 fps so i turned EVERYTHING in oprions menu and had maybe 12 fps. Sorry but I would like to new games be at least a little optimised. I checked the recomened requirements so the game should be at least playable in 1024 but it wasn;t..

What is your spec?