Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE pvp is for carebears

2»

Comments

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by Zaovrantar

So bigger wallet always wins in the end.

Well that knowledge saved me 5 years of paid video gaming.

I haven't read this entire thread, but if this statement is about Eve online then this is completely false, in multiple ways. 

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by Jimmac

I haven't read this entire thread, but if this statement is about Eve online then this is completely false, in multiple ways. 

Technically, Jimmac is correct.  A person could spend their trust fund and still be terribad in EVE Online.

Between two players of equal skill though, the one who can keep bringing ships to the field of battle is going to win a game of attrition...

...the rich horrible player will just keep feeding the other player's epeen.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• n00n3rn00n3r Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Visc

There is so much skill involved in locking your target, hitting your function key and waiting to either repair your ship or watch the other guy die. What a bore. I'm a former 50+ mill SP player. Biggest waste of time and money out of any MMO I have ever played.

It's always nice when I meet people in space with that mind set.   I love loot pinatas. 

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

Originally posted by Crocolix

i know you can lose alotsa isk..but that does not real adrenalin rush i would like that every lose in PVP would overclock your pc at least for 1 ghz...

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607

LOL @ obvious troll bait.

As an alpha/beta and 5 years after launch player of EVE I can assure you, pvp is definitely not for carebears. Unfortunately the game has changed for the worse imo.

/me misses dual ab ruptures, dual mwd ravens, and torp blackbirds. *sniff*

Originally posted by rwmiller

Eve is a RMT free for all. You can buy ISK, ships, augmentations, faction hardware, anything you want you can get and if you don't think that some fairly large corps in the game do nothing but churn this stuff for resale then you are just fooling yourself.

CCP tries to control it but I think it is just too ingrained into the system and is too attractive to newbies as a way to advance in a game that is otherwise impossible to advance solo.

There is your problem right there.   find some friends...

Also you can't make people rage quit as easy in a theme park mmo

Me & Tank CEO talking to a disgruntled player I killed long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns9oAGnK9CU

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Originally posted by Jimmac

Technically, Jimmac is correct.  A person could spend their trust fund and still be terribad in EVE Online.

Between two players of equal skill though, the one who can keep bringing ships to the field of battle is going to win a game of attrition...

...the rich horrible player will just keep feeding the other player's epeen.

Indeed, I was only referring to one isolated fight, and not repeated fights between the same individuals or group of individuals. In the latter case, the game can easily become a war of attrition. 

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i left this thread due to the obvious troll bait...was shocked when returned.

And try playing this game as a small alliance or corp without moon goo or plex...it is a challenge :)

• GarkanGarkan Member Posts: 552

Originally posted by Visc

There is so much skill involved in locking your target, hitting your function key and waiting to either repair your ship or watch the other guy die. What a bore. I'm a former 50+ mill SP player. Biggest waste of time and money out of any MMO I have ever played.

You have obviously never done any pvp or if you did you tried to fly your ship the same way as you would in a mission (would explain the bitterness) You don't understand concepts like manual piloting and module management or any of the things you need to be able to do in a pvp fight.

Currently playing:

EVE online (Ruining low sec one hotdrop at a time)

Gravity Rush,
    Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall.

(Waiting for) Metro: Last Light,
    Company of Heroes II.

• NeerDoWellNeerDoWell Member Posts: 184

Ummm, it seems like everyone is missing the obvious piece here. You can buy in game money for every mmo, EVE just tried to reduce the swarms of 3rd world ISK farmers and people buying ISK from them. This thread makes me want to /palmface.

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG” - Bill Gates

Originally posted by NeerDoWell

Ummm, it seems like everyone is missing the obvious piece here. You can buy in game money for every mmo, EVE just tried to reduce the swarms of 3rd world ISK farmers and people buying ISK from them. This thread makes me want to /palmface.

QFT.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Good god! They are still posting. Don't bump this shit!

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky