Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you go back to SWG if it went F2P???

13»

Comments

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Sony's version of "FREE" to play?

I think not...

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Nope. The community isn't there anymore and being F2P wouldn't help that situation.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770

Granted I didn't play it Pre-CU I still might try it for a week but probably quit just like all F2P MMOs I've played. Even it was completely free it would be too hard to get into and feel much too dated like AO is now.

edit: that was under the assumption that the OP ment it was F2P SGW Pre-CU

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

no, I didnt leave SWG because of cost...I left it because they changed the game...so now I play SWGEMU.

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by Zekiah

I think not...

Seeing as how they already have mt'S in the game in the form of a tcg lottery system. I don't see what the huge difference would be, tbh.

Community would be 10 times bigger if this game went f2p. It would bring some life back into it.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• DeltaFrc670DeltaFrc670 Member Posts: 71

In a heartbeat

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by sungodra

I think not...

Seeing as how they already have mt'S in the game in the form of a tcg lottery system. I don't see what the huge difference would be, tbh.

Community would be 10 times bigger if this game went f2p. It would bring some life back into it.

I've seen their work in EQ2X, no thanks. I'm sure there are many people like yourself ready and willing however.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'd give it a whirl most likely, I usually do when they give away free time, so why not if they decided to go F2P?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by sungodra

I think not...

I've seen their work in EQ2X, no thanks. I'm sure there are many people like yourself ready and willing however.

I don't play eq2 does it have a lottery based MT system like swg does?  TCG is pretty much a lottery based MT system. It is worse than just a regular MT system IMO.   

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

Originally posted by blutigfaust

no, I didnt leave SWG because of cost...I left it because they changed the game...so now I play SWGEMU.

i wonder how long this post will last.  i got a warning last time i mentioned that particular item.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129

Originally posted by Caskio

Originally posted by blutigfaust

i wonder how long this post will last.  i got a warning last time i mentioned that particular item.

oh....i didnt realize it was a no no.......I dont know why, unless SOE complains, as it is a valid MMORPG and completely legal. SOE is the one who did the wrong by selling me a game, then changing what I bought into something else...like bait and switch tactics.

EDIT: and the part that really irritates me, is I bought the Collector's Edition :|

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Nope. The community isn't there anymore and being F2P wouldn't help that situation.

I guess it depends by what you mean by community , its pretty obvious that by going free to play would bring in thousands if not tens of thousands of new players .... however I guessing that by your post  you mean Pre Cu community ?.

No matter what or what anyone else thinks, it would still be a community all be it maybe not the community most people remember and loved .

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

In short...YES

• SutterSutter Member UncommonPosts: 35

Rollback and I'll go back.

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first. I'm too busy acting like I'm not naive I've seen it all, I was here first. -Very Ape- Nirvana

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

If SWG went free to play: sure would. I would love to play my ithorian dark jedi.  I loved the role playing aspect that was encourage by the community there. First and last time i saw that sadly :(

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Only if it was pre cu. And then.. I might even pay for it. LOLimage

• Starbuck1771Starbuck1771 Member UncommonPosts: 375

yes I would as long as it isn't a lame version of the ftp system like EQ2.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410

Originally posted by deviliscious

Only if it was pre cu. And then.. I might even pay for it. LOLimage

Cool Sig, Im over playing EQ2x, its seperate server, one mistake SOE is making is seperating the free people from payed.   They are making one big mistake, which is more than likely going to kill EQ2.    A free to play SWG, is more than likely never going to happen.   SOE has nothing to do with the direction with this game, everything is approved by LEC.    From what Ive seen during the past 4 years is LEC doesnt care what happens to SWG, if it dies so be it, they are and will never spend another dime on this games devopment.    

• AeneaAenea Member UncommonPosts: 16

Originally posted by summitus

I guess it depends by what you mean by community , its pretty obvious that by going free to play would bring in thousands if not tens of thousands of new players .... however I guessing that by your post  you mean Pre Cu community ?.

No matter what or what anyone else thinks, it would still be a community all be it maybe not the community most people remember and loved .

you can't turn back the hands of time... when you have already done the damage leaving wounds to fester going back for most people would be a painful experience. I weathered all the changes and stayed loyal till I was the last one standing, even after they destroyed the places i had made my home on forcing me to move. if it was F2P I'd go back. .... that is if I lived through the shock of SOE allowing that to happen.... I hate to admit it,  but I do miss it

Love Conquers All

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

You can never go back... / ' :