Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE pvp is for carebears

CrocolixCrocolix Member Posts: 221
i know you can lose alotsa isk..but that does not real adrenalin rush
i would like that every lose in PVP would overclock your pc at least for 1 ghz...

Comments

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

lol I'll bite. 

It's not like an average ship isn't worth 5-30hrs of gameplay or anything. 

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

or when your alliance loses 10s of billions due to territorial dispute....damn care bears...

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Originally posted by miagisan

or when your alliance loses 10s of billions due to territorial dispute....damn care bears...

Losing something that can be bought with real cash is a devastating blow? Orly now?

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

playing pvp carebear games with no consequence is a devastating blow?

some of us dont buy our isk

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Naw Pve will save the  game

watch

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

playing pvp carebear games with no consequence is a devastating blow?

some of us dont buy our isk

It's not a question if you buy it or not. Only that it can be done. T-isk T-isk.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

even if you say is true...then arent you losing real money when you lose assets?

hence its more of a loss then for those who paid for isk

even if you say is true...then arent you losing real money when you lose assets?

So it becomes a battle of wallets? Sounds like the ultimate greedy coporation move to me. How about you? Either way players lose and give them even more reason to ragequit.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

Originally posted by Ramonski7

So it becomes a battle of wallets? Sounds like the ultimate greedy coporation move to me. How about you? Either way players lose and give them even more reason to ragequit.

dont see what you're arguing here. 10bil is over 400 USD if you bought it with irl cash, and its been proven that pimped out ships doesnt mean you'll win all or even any engagements if you dont know what your doing. I'd rather lose 10bil in isk i made in-game rather then 10bil i bought with GTC, either way though the loss still hurts a wallet.

EDIT: BTW nice quote

"A wise man has something to say, but a fool just has to say something."

i sense irony in this thread now.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

Losing something that can be bought with real cash is a devastating blow? Orly now?

Makes it even more devastating.

However, not many long-time players buy isk. It is mostly newbies who do that because isk is fairly hard to make until you get skills trained and learn the mechanics. After that it becomes easy, especially if you join a good corp that can pool resources.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

My entire point is what has been so generously pointed out in this thread, by current EvE players no less. Isk means nothing and ships mean nothing to veteran players when it comes to PvP. Way to trivialize two things that should have the most bearing in a PvP sandbox mmo. And what's even more disturbing is the fact that new player (and their small collections of isk and a ship) are seen as even more meaningless than the first two things listed.

And before you get your toga in a knot, yes I use to play EvE, before they started allowing players to buy gametime with in-game money. That to me was the ultimate screw you to new players.

"PLEX have already become the RMT currency of EVE. They give cash-rich players the ability to buy as much ISK as they want and ISK-rich players the ability to effectively play the game for free."

Quotation taken for here.

• ViscVisc Member Posts: 89

There is so much skill involved in locking your target, hitting your function key and waiting to either repair your ship or watch the other guy die. What a bore. I'm a former 50+ mill SP player. Biggest waste of time and money out of any MMO I have ever played.

• CrocolixCrocolix Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Visc

There is so much skill involved in locking your target, hitting your function key and waiting to either repair your ship or watch the other guy die. What a bore. I'm a former 50+ mill SP player. Biggest waste of time and money out of any MMO I have ever played.

exactly my point..-.and spike the target
    btw i love eve hype...."someone losed 1200$ in isk"
    i think overclocking your system will made more fun
    even for rich it will take some time to buy new rig
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

You know Ramonski, ships bought with PLEX blows up as fine as those purchased with ISK...

Isk means nothing and ships mean nothing to veteran players when it comes to PvP.

They mean nothing, because they are used to it. 

Whether you grind IRL for your cash or your grind in game for your cash, it doesn't matter. Vets are just used to it, it's part of the game. 

You think it doesn't hurt when a 5yr old player loses a HAC? Maybe not to one the handful of players who own 100bil + isk, but the average Vet usually only has around 2bil to 5bil sitting in his wallet. An average HAC is 200-250mil and insurance only pays like 10mil for one, so nobody even bothers insuring them. Losing one hurts and the grind to make up for it is still there. 

Somehow I doubt this. 

A 50mil PVPer would know that the skill isn't in the combat itself, it's everything leading up to the combat where the player's skill comes in. 

I also find it funny that it took you about 3yrs to figure out that the game wasn't for you. 

• CrocolixCrocolix Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by TheHatter

Somehow I doubt this. 

A 50mil PVPer would know that the skill isn't in the combat itself, it's everything leading up to the combat where the player's skill comes in. 

I also find it funny that it took you about 3yrs to figure out that the game wasn't for you. 

that makes perfect sence
    in eve SKILL leads you in pvp...but pvp itself dont need your skills)
  • WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379

Somebody set up us the bomb.

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

Originally posted by Crocolix

Originally posted by TheHatter

Somehow I doubt this. 

that makes perfect sence in eve SKILL leads you in pvp...but pvp itself dont need your skills)

I know. 

If you had ever actually played the game, you would understand. But, it's obvious you haven't.

• rwmillerrwmiller Member Posts: 472

Eve is a RMT free for all. You can buy ISK, ships, augmentations, faction hardware, anything you want you can get and if you don't think that some fairly large corps in the game do nothing but churn this stuff for resale then you are just fooling yourself.

CCP tries to control it but I think it is just too ingrained into the system and is too attractive to newbies as a way to advance in a game that is otherwise impossible to advance solo.

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Originally posted by Crocolix

exactly my point..-.and spike the target btw i love eve hype...."someone losed 1200$ in isk" i think overclocking your system will made more fun even for rich it will take some time to buy new rig

So you don't like EVE PvP because of the combat, and that's why you call it "carebear"?

Really?

...Really?

I read from the last post leading up to the first, and along the way I kept expecting some well thought-out, impressive opening statement that sparked such debate. Then I read the OP. And thought, "nevermind."

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Some one get some popcorn and a chair.. NOW!

• jadedlevirjadedlevir Member Posts: 628

A couple things. For one, the pvp in Eve is far more complex than in most games. I'm not talking about  just " i click more  and faster than you herpderp," but just the mere fact their it takes form in so many different ways, and requires just an amazing amount of knowledge to truly be effective.

Twitch based != the end all be all pvp skill. Eve pvp is slower paced, but , like I said, requires more knowledge and tactics before hand and during battle, especially when you get into the larger scale encounters.  Yes, tactics, imagine that. How you face certain ships, or counter certain others, ect ect. They don't say eve has the biggest learning curve for nothing.

And, btw, the arguement that eve pvp is carebare because of plex is flawed imo. Ya, when you die, you lose a tangible amount of rl money, which can then be bought back...but this is different from any other game how? If wow had consequences for pvp, and some player lost 100k gold, he too would have just lost a couple hundred dollars. I don't see how regulation makes it any different, especially considering the nature of eve's market, were more established players/corps, don't really need to worry about plex as much as monopilization and economic competition.

-Edit: btw, obivous troll is obvious, but i think alot of ppl actually share that pretty narrowminded sentiment.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Think it is funny that this thread is still going when it was obvious troll bait...

...however, PLEX has been a sore point for many that enjoy the game.  It kind of fits with CCP's overall poor implementation of a nifty idea.  Of course, since this one puts money directly in their pocket - it has not been abandoned and they are looking at additional uses for PLEX to put money in their pockets.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• ZaovrantarZaovrantar Member Posts: 85

So bigger wallet always wins in the end.

Well that knowledge saved me 5 years of paid video gaming.