Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Couple Questions

pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

Anyone in beta,  whats the largest battle to date and what was lag like.

and maybe its me but the few videos I have seen, the world looks odd, and and mechs have no sense of scale they seem tiny.

Comments

• BoyCBoyC Member UncommonPosts: 89

The largest fight to date was 75 players without any noticable lag.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Originally posted by pmaura

Anyone in beta,  whats the largest battle to date and what was lag like.

and maybe its me but the few videos I have seen, the world looks odd, and and mechs have no sense of scale they seem tiny.

I am with you on the scaling thing if only it was more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw than:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDsUPS2hi0c.

Guess they are going with that whole eve feel too as well as gameplay feel.

I would rather have the larger than life feel of mechwarrior tho than the life is larger one of eve =).

• pmaurapmaura Member UncommonPosts: 530

man yeah I cant play this, that last video makes me feel like I am piltoing an actuall life size spider its too tiny.

I dont ever feel like in eve I am piloting a toy.

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

Originally posted by pmaura

man yeah I cant play this, that last video makes me feel like I am piltoing an actuall life size spider its too tiny.

I dont ever feel like in eve I am piloting a toy.

Lol yea comparing a HD console singleplayer game with tgop of the range hardware to a beta online game that has to be computer friendly with graphics that are not even done yet is really fare [rolls eyes].

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981