Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.10.0

GilgameeshGilgameesh Member UncommonPosts: 412

From Yumeroth:

Dear players,

It is with much pleasure that we announce the release of patch 1.10.0 for Ryzom. The patch will be applied in the morning of October 18.

Here's the outline of the new patch:

- The PvP system has been completely redesigned and improved: We have changed PvP to extend to all civilizations and factions. You will now discover new Flags (for civilizations and factions) and an enhancement of fame as it is central to this new system. In addition, chat channels have been added for each faction. Examples of these new Flags:

- Your apartment can now be visited by your friends! Who has not dreamed of organizing a little party in his beloved home on Atys? Inviting others is possible via the WebIG application RyzHome (SHIFT-W in game).

- The Web application RyzHome, presented at the Video Festival in Paris, is now available to everyone! You can, using your RPP (RolePlay Points) buy items to decorate your apartment as you wish, to for your own amusement and your friends'. More RPP can be obtained regularly during ingame events organized by the event team.

- Making your own chat channel (interguild alliance, for example) is now possible by typing: /channel

- Dante the Teaser: The Marauder's spawn and fight system has been corrected to some exploits, and is now back online. But beware; because of your teasing of Dante it has made him not happy at all ...

- New variable tokens have been added to the client. The new system will enable you to make chat texts and emotes more dynamic. They are available at any time and in any hunt!

Variable tokens

Avaliable tokens:

• $me$:You.

• $t$: Your target.

• $tt$: The target of your target.

• $tm1$ to $tm8$: Your teammate (from 1 to 8).

Example: Hi! I am $me$, he is $t$ and he keeps looking at you, $tt$...

Hi! I'm Yumeroh, he is Ulukyn and he keeps looking at you, Jena...

A token without a parameter substitutes the name of the subject. You can also use parameters to show title, race, guild name or name of the subject. The "" below can be one of those above (i.e. me, t, tt, or tm1 to tm8):

• $.name$

Example: $me.name$ | I am $me.name$ = I am Yumeroh

• $.title$

Example: $t.title$ | Hey, you, over there, the $t.title$! = Hey, you, over there, the Refugee!

• $.race$

Example : $tt.race$ | $t$, stop staring at that $tt.race$ ! = Mokoi, stop staring at that Fyros!

• $.guild$

Example : $tm3.guild$ | My partner is a guild member of $tm3.guild$ = My partner is a guild member of Atrium Keepers

It is possible to specify a default for the above parameters should the value be empty using a "/" after the parameter and then the default value:

• $.guild/no guild$

Example: /em sees $t$ of $t.guild/no guild$

=> Yumeroh sees Sywindt of Atrium Keepers

=> Yumeroh sees Sprightly Yubo of no guild

Furthermore, there is the gender-specific parameter:

• $.gs(m/f/n)$: the first part is for a male subject, second for female and the third for neutral. The neutral part is optional.

Example: /em says that $t$ is $t.gs(not his type/beautiful/ugly)$

Target is male => Yumeroh says that Jaliun is not his type.

Target is female => Yumeroh says that Sengosha is beautiful.

Target is neuter (mob) => Yumeroh says that Sprightly Yubo is ugly.

All these tokens work whether in an emote, in guild, shout, emote or around chat, and anywhere else. Let's make some macros!

Various additions and corrections:

- Sorting of contacts and guild lists is now possible. Several methods of sorting are offered and the selected order is saved between sessions.

- A 3D preview of items is now shown in the info window.

- We have removed the camps observers, and the associated missions as they have outlived their usefulness. The camps themselves remain unchanged.

- When you get to the maximum grade 6 in an occupation the experience bar is no longer displayed displayed.

- The civilization picks have a new look.

- Prices of civilization items have been revised downwards.

- The correct message is now displayed when a player with an incompatible allegiance with your guild is invited to join.

- You can now view the time of your PC via 2 options:

- The first via "U" Interface/HUD and then check "Show Clock in Compass."

- The second via "U" Interface/Chat colors and check "Show Timestamps in Chat" to display a timestamp ([HH:mm:ss]) before all chat messages.

Link to the official post: http://forums.ryzom.com/showthread.php?t=35113

Here we go :D

Nickname registered on www.mynickname.org

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I want more info about RyzHome ><;;

Yaaaaaaay patch!!! <3

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    a patch!!! Awesome!
    Seriously though... How are they keeping this game running with so few people playing? The devs must be getting paid less than kids working at fast food joints just to keep the game alive.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• rturjarturja Member Posts: 199

For some reason the new factions makes me think of the arena sketch in Life of Brian...

Playing: AC2
    Played: UO, DaoC, Horizons, Ryzom, WAR, LotRO, Eve, VG...

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535

This game was a lot of fun in Alpha/Beta - haven't played it recently but interested to go back.

• wagonfactorwagonfactor Member Posts: 19

glad to see this game is still kicking. i tried playing it several times and it just wasnt for me. however, there was alot i liked about it and im glad its still around.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Now this patch of Ryzom proved to me one of my major points as to WHY great old school mmos will NEVER revive to their former glory. IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS!

example: New PvP Flags.  THey use the same artwork that already exists in the game instead of SIMPLY, QUICKLY AND EASILY create new ones. Is it so hard? Why use the pictures of red drops as flag icons? I mean isnt' that specific icon used in skill trees already?Why confuse people ?Jesus ......

* Same thing happens all the time with many mmos. They over use the same icon for 2-3 skills that have nothing to do with eachother. Is it so hard to "create" new icons?

These little things might sound to most of you as minor details but to me shows the flawed mentality of many game developers. They never see things from the player's prospective.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Wish I could get this to work on my old laptop, good to see the dedication to the game from the devs.. Think I'll ping them for tech support.

• TorotoroTorotoro Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Rockgod99

a patch!!! Awesome! Seriously though... How are they keeping this game running with so few people playing? The devs must be getting paid less than kids working at fast food joints just to keep the game alive.

They have suffisant money to pay a small dev team.

Ryzom have 3 servers and the english one have the smallest population. And Ryzom is one of the few MMO where a significant number of people still pay for an account they doesn't use for months just to support the dev team (because of the Open Source for instance).

Originally posted by pupurun

* Same thing happens all the time with many mmos. They over use the same icon for 2-3 skills that have nothing to do with eachother. Is it so hard to "create" new icons?

These little things might sound to most of you as minor details but to me shows the flawed mentality of many game developers. They never see things from the player's prospective.

Ryzom have a dev team but a small one. It's not easy, when so much has to be done, to spend time on the incredible amount of small things to do when everyone ask for new game mechanics, content...

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Originally posted by Torotoro

Originally posted by Rockgod99

a patch!!! Awesome! Seriously though... How are they keeping this game running with so few people playing? The devs must be getting paid less than kids working at fast food joints just to keep the game alive.

They have suffisant money to pay a small dev team.

Ryzom have 3 servers and the english one have the smallest population. And Ryzom is one of the few MMO where a significant number of people still pay for an account they doesn't use for months just to support the dev team (because of the Open Source for instance).

Ryzom have a dev team but a small one. It's not easy, when so much has to be done, to spend time on the incredible amount of small things to do when everyone ask for new game mechanics, content...

They can create a unique game icon in 3 minutes ffs, what are you talking about?

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

If that's true and that have sufficient funds for a small team that's great news.

I really love my character and have grown fond of my guild.

While i do play this game on and off i would hate for this gem to close down.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Now this patch of Ryzom proved to me one of my major points as to WHY great old school mmos will NEVER revive to their former glory. IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS!

example: New PvP Flags.  THey use the same artwork that already exists in the game instead of SIMPLY, QUICKLY AND EASILY create new ones. Is it so hard? Why use the pictures of red drops as flag icons? I mean isnt' that specific icon used in skill trees already?Why confuse people ?Jesus ......

They made custom icons for this faction pvp. you can find those on the official forums. Those icons in op's post show who can heal whom and 'blood drop' is an icon for healing in Ryzom.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Great to see Ryzom still alive and kicking! I get tempted to return every now and then.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN