Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyway to make SWG look better

thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Hey guys

Is there anyway to make SWG look any better 7 years on things are looking a little dated on the ground game (space still pwns).

Have tried Nvidia cp but not much joy with fiddling in settings in there.

Is there any fan made textures, config settings etc that can be done to bring it a little up to date.

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Hey thamighty213,

I'm afraid that I don't know much about graphics settings, I haven't played with the settings in SWG much.

I found some guides that might be of interest to you though:

Guide to enable FSAA with Post Processing in Star Wars Galaxies

Here's another guide, very old but does descibe a lot of settings:

Star Wars Galaxies Graphic and Performance Options

I hope that helps.

Edit:  I just updated my Graphics Drivers and tried the first guide, I have an ATI Radeon 5700 Card.  Can't say I see any difference but I guess for graphics experts it does.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Cheers Badger aye have the FSAA enabled already and a few other changes still not quite there guess its just the best can squeeze out of it.

I do have ILM installed also which is a excellent community mod and really beefs up the space experience  just wish the guys had the time to do it for a lot more of the ground game.

Was pleasently surprised with the response from SOE GM's who whilst wouldnt/couldnt bump me to 90but  did bump me to 50 (the account I was resubbing with all my gear on it was just a level 7 holding account)

Couple of days cough ryatt trail cough and should be back properly

Time to do some research on how exactly this rare loot system works as that was my main gripe with my last return it was impossible to compete in PVP without the pre NGE buffs at last they made them attainable again.

Doesnt seem much else has changed since space piracy was introduced so should be easy to get back into.

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Originally posted by thamighty213

Doesnt seem much else has changed since space piracy was introduced so should be easy to get back into.

Welcome back. :)

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

put your graphics on max settings.

Other than that, you will probably have to wait for SOE to update the graphics, and I don't expect it will happen any time soon.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Ahh well gone again I lasted 5 minutes :)

Really couldnt be bothered to grind the toon up :( and my entire friends list was offline even the 6 year guys gone on long breaks.

Seems a lot are just having breathers till TOR so might well do the same.

Ahh well so be it SWG had its time and was my introduction to MMO's and has been enjoyable on and off for the last 7 years,  doubtful we will ever see a community like pre-cu again.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

modthegalaxy.com