Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EAlouse blog is legit

Sanya Weathers confirm that at least EALouse happens to be a real EA worker

http://eatingbees.brokentoys.org/2010/10/13/yes-i-saw-the-louse-blog/

so it seems that EALouse is really an EA insider with presumably real insider information. that shoots down the "random nobody trying to strike a nerve" conspiracy

$300m catastrophe on the oven,ready to serve...rage SWTOR fanbois,rage.... 

Comments

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Maybe, doesn't mean it still isn't bullshit (which Sanya Weathers confirms for her part in it).

A reaction to the blog by another employee (not anonymous this time):

http://ordohereticus.wordpress.com/2010/10/13/anonymous/

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• KorPhaeronKorPhaeron Member Posts: 134

SW says it didnt happen "entirely" that way, but her story is really similar to EA Louse's save a few minor points

Im ibterested in reading her, she promises a lot more stories "when she can talk"

btw, many sources seem to confirm about the november layoffs, that noone knew before this...one more point that back ups this guy...

• StoogeMonkeyStoogeMonkey Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

Maybe, doesn't mean it still isn't bullshit (which Sanya Weathers confirms for her part in it).

I stopped reading at the fifth 'fuck', the guy gives off the worst impression, of himself and his colleagues, no matter what his intention.

I know he is just sticking up for his mates but frankly the fact that there are guys so frustrated to start talking so much shit at each other publicly reflects perhaps the greatest reason why mythic is a sinking fail-boat. 

Originally posted by StoogeMonkey

I stopped reading at the fifth 'fuck', the guy gives off the worst impression, of himself and his colleagues, no matter what his intention.

I know he is just sticking up for his mates but frankly the fact that there are guys so frustrated to start talking so much shit at each other publicly reflects perhaps the greatest reason why mythic is a sinking fail-boat. 

Oh, I'm sure there's a whole lot of frustration going around.

But this shows you've got two camps here, people who feel they're treated badly (and maybe were) and who feel the need to complain and vent frustration; and people who tried to bite through it all and are extremely pissed off when they get accused of all sorts of things they feel they have no part in.

Who is right? It can't be for the fans to decide, we don't know anything about this at all.

That's why throwing this all in the open to garner 'the masses support' for one side or the other while making petty accusations toward future projects (which aren't in beta yet) is a pretty cowardly move imo, we have nothing to do with this, but now you'll get hordes of know-it-alls screaming for this or that.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by KorPhaeron

SW says it didnt happen "entirely" that way, but her story is really similar to EA Louse's save a few minor points

Im ibterested in reading her, she promises a lot more stories "when she can talk"

btw, many sources seem to confirm about the november layoffs, that noone knew before this...one more point that back ups this guy...

SW says that didn't happen, at all. Period.

Quote: "That’s… not what happened. At all."

It'll be an interesting read for sure, but not something which is relevant for TOR.

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

so it seems that EALouse is really an EA insider with presumably real insider information. that shoots down the "random nobody trying to strike a nerve" conspiracy

He's still a nobody trying to strike a nerve, that hasn't changed.

• KriosisKriosis Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by danJ188

but you cant sue the man..

Uhh, yes they can. This guy is ruined unless they have a change of heart.

• NazgolNazgol Member Posts: 864

Why create another post on this topic?

In Bioware we trust!

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by danJ188

I hope EALouse saves us all the trouble of ever touching one of his products again, and leaves the industry. Perhaps when we have a bit more respect and maturity, DECENT games can be released.

No, that is not at all true. The main people who make sure the game is a quality game is the producers. Devs roles are only there to create whatever the producer tells them to create. If not then everything is going to fall apart. Also how do you not know this man is a talented Dev that was just missed guided and left in the dark by his producer?  How are you suppose to create something correctly when you do not have the support for it? 

The only time that EA will ever release quality games is when they stop caring SOOO much about the money and half assing the games and start putting producers that actually want to work and care about the game even if they are not getting paid enough. 

Yeah, I can't wait till she is able to talk about stuff that happened. 

• IfcwhuffesIfcwhuffes Member UncommonPosts: 35

Originally posted by Joker2240

The only time that EA will ever release quality games is when they stop caring SOOO much about the money and half assing the games and start putting producers that actually want to work and care about the game even if they are not getting paid enough. 

Pretty much this right here.

Currently Playing: LoL,EVE, Rift

Future Games: WH40K:DM, Tera Planetside2

Past Games Ive tried:
    WoW, FE, AoC, WAR, LotRO, Tabula Rasa,GW, and Many F2P games.

SW says that didn't happen, at all. Period.

Quote: "That’s… not what happened. At all."

It'll be an interesting read for sure, but not something which is relevant for TOR.

its different denying something happened a certain way, that denying it happened at all....

this is the apple of dischord in question:

Yeah, that was actually not Rob Denton. That was her having a fierce, loud fight with Mark Jacobs about forum postings. Sanya had a very hard line stance on developers posting on the boards.

(....)it’s true in that I don’t think devs should post unless they’re willing to commit to a regular posting schedule, and follow the same rules as the community team (including courtesy, genuine respect for players, making no promises, speaking only to areas of personal knowledge, etc). But that wasn’t even part of the scene that led to the end of things.

Also, to be fair, Mark actually wasn’t the one with the hard line real name policy. That was me. Mythic didn’t have that rule until I showed up. This isn’t the post for me to go into my philosophy on the topic, and I’ve droned on and on about that in the past.

as I said, grasping at straws, one got to have insider information (even if its around-the-grapevine) to get that close. Obviously the guy talks about hearsays and got some facts wrong (he isnt sanya, he isnt MJ, and he wasnt present when the argument aroused) but that tidbit of information would be unknown to 100% of those outside reach of EA insiders' rumours

Originally posted by Kriosis

hes a proven EA employee giving us his input about the top hierarchy in EA BiowareMythic and their working antics, and telling us about the atmosphere in EA surrounding SWTOR.

I think you got this backwards, actually its YOU the nobody. so shut yer trap, will you?

Originally posted by Kriosis

hes a proven EA employee giving us his input about the top hierarchy in EA BiowareMythic and their working antics, and telling us about the atmosphere in EA surrounding SWTOR.

I think you got this backwards, actually its YOU the nobody. so shut yer trap, will you?

How is he proven? By giving names anyone on the internet can get? By giving a scenerio that another blog posted was inaccurate?

In Bioware we trust!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by ZERMINUS

Another quote from the comments on that site:

"What is so terrifying is to watch all the viral marketers and astroturf operatives trying to obfuscate, denigrate and ridicule the veracity of this worker in order to protect the capital of the SWTOR product. This is not just a phenomonon of this site but of the major game review sites some of which are secretly complicit in allowing this kind of shilling to go ahead from forum posters they know are touts"

Let's hope they don't mean mmorpg.com

Is it that hard to realize why some people would question the authenticity of what they see on the internet?

As if the capital of the SWTOR product was in danger over a blog somebody had very vague things to say about TOR in. Anyone who would think people question his validity with such a goal in mind is off their rocker.

The only reason anyone would question it is because it's on the internet.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Timukas

For me all this fanboy denial spin is as much amusing as arguments like Bioware cannot fail with SW:TOR because it's Bioware and they have big budget :) I just hope that the blogger isn't right and the game won't be only VO and story.

I think something even funnier is all these people running with this as if its ammunition to use to win some insignificant fight. I've actually seen an "I told ya so", now thats funny.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

I don't care about spinning this in any negative light towards SWTOR, but this blog post shows a lot about what is wrong with this genre.  These people should not have jobs after all of the crap they have caused and poor products they have put out time and again.  At some point they won't be able to keep going and maybe we can get some reasonable people making reasonable decisions.

For me all this fanboy denial spin is as much amusing as arguments like Bioware cannot fail with SW:TOR because it's Bioware and they have big budget :) I just hope that the blogger isn't right and the game won't be only VO and story.

The blogger has already been proven wrong. There has already been group gameplay shown, space combat and as it may be hard for some people to believe, open world content.

In Bioware we trust!

Originally posted by ProfRed

I don't care about spinning this in any negative light towards SWTOR, but this blog post shows a lot about what is wrong with this genre.  These people should not have jobs after all of the crap they have caused and poor products they have put out time and again.  At some point they won't be able to keep going and maybe we can get some reasonable people making reasonable decisions.

This all stems from the same tree, the mass market tree. Once games hit that benchmark, gaming went from being a hobby to being pushed on us as a past time. It may have had a shot at a past time, if it had stuck with its core principles, yet even with those intact, the industry would most likely never reach such a status.

Studios began caring far more about the headlines, trade shows, basically all in all the market. Ironically enough, it's as though they're far more interested in being best of the show, than being best of the decade.

They stopped caring about being unique, inventive and genre defining. They've actually been pushing a blur into the very nature of genre's. Alienating many of those who would have otherwise enjoyed which ever game we may be discussing. All in a vain attempt to earn more paper.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

So now both sides of the story are out...And all I can say, after SWG, Vanguard, and AoC...Where there is smoke like this there is usually a forest-sized fire...

I don't much care about the Warhammer stuff...Never played it, never will...But I think, as far as the SWTOR info is concerned, there is probably some truth to it and also some exaggeration...But I will say this about this rebuttal Post...Go back and read some of the Blogs concerning the NGE and there are still plenty of Folks who are trying to hide what really went on and who was responsible ultimately...A lot of these Folks are just like you and I...They work with people, they build relationships, they don't want their friends called out in front of the world...Understandable of coarse, but not necessarily a formula for finding the truth...

All I can say is pay close attention and don't simply write stuff like the original Blog off as plainly bullspit...Because I promise you there is some truth in there...Disgruntled employee or not this Industry has a History, and plenty of times before when things like this have surfaced they are quickly rebutted and ridiculed. Then a few months later we find out maybe that guy was not so crazy after all...I saw the exact same thing with SWG and the reactions were VERY similar...Almost hauntingly similar...And we all know how that turned out...image

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452

Originally posted by Nazgol

The blogger has already been proven wrong. There has already been group gameplay shown, space combat and as it may be hard for some people to believe, open world content.

Proven wrong? He never said the Game did not have all these things, he said that what EA is most proud of is the sound...the VO's...

The quote was..."And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch."

I think, even though this was clearly a disgruntled rant, the guy has a point...The VO's on this Game ARE what this Team has touted and bragged on almost from the beginning. And almost from the beginning I've been telling anyone who will listen this was a HUGE miscalculation on BioWare's part...I have no idea how much it cost to do all these VO's and how much of the download are the VO's, but I do believe that in the end the VO's will prove to be the greatest waste of resources in the history of MMO Gaming...That does not mean I think SWTOR will fail or that some Folks won't love the VO's...But it does mean that IMHO they spent WAY too much time and money on something half their players will be space-barring through or have turned off all together...Massive VO's simply do not fit this genre like BioWare thinks they will...It's part of their lack of experience in this genre that led to this decision...Every Game I've played over the past couple years have some VO's, and in big Quests it can be kind of cool...But all the time? On every Quest? Every NPC? It takes too much time...It does not fit an MMO...

So I think in the end, rant or not, this guy hit on something that is very close to the truth of the matter...The 300 million and all that I have no idea about...And for the record I do think SWTOR will be fine in the end because BioWare will listen to the Player base to improve it...But I think 3 years from now the concentration of the Game will be VERY different from what it is at launch considering VO's and all that...I think resources will be spent in other, more important areas...image

Originally posted by KyngBills

Originally posted by Nazgol

Proven wrong? He never said the Game did not have all these things, he said that what EA is most proud of is the sound...the VO's...

The quote was..."And you know what they’re most proud of? This is the kicker. They are most proud of the sound. No seriously. Something like a 20Gig installation, and most of it is voiceover work. That’s the best they have. The rest of the game is a joke. EA knows it and so does George Lucas,they’re panicking , and so most of Mythic has already been cannibalized to work in Austin on it because they can’t keep pushing back launch."

I think, even though this was clearly a disgruntled rant, the guy has a point...The VO's on this Game ARE what this Team has touted and bragged on almost from the beginning. And almost from the beginning I've been telling anyone who will listen this was a HUGE miscalculation on BioWare's part...I have no idea how much it cost to do all these VO's and how much of the download are the VO's, but I do believe that in the end the VO's will prove to be the greatest waste of resources in the history of MMO Gaming...That does not mean I think SWTOR will fail or that some Folks won't love the VO's...But it does mean that IMHO they spent WAY too much time and money on something half their players will be space-barring through or have turned off all together...Massive VO's simply do not fit this genre like BioWare thinks they will...It's part of their lack of experience in this genre that led to this decision...Every Game I've played over the past couple years have some VO's, and in big Quests it can be kind of cool...But all the time? On every Quest? Every NPC? It takes too much time...It does not fit an MMO...

So I think in the end, rant or not, this guy hit on something that is very close to the truth of the matter...The 300 million and all that I have no idea about...And for the record I do think SWTOR will be fine in the end because BioWare will listen to the Player base to improve it...But I think 3 years from now the concentration of the Game will be VERY different from what it is at launch considering VO's and all that...I think resources will be spent in other, more important areas...image

Does this mean GW2 wasted resources? They have full VO too.

In Bioware we trust!

• StampedeStampede Member Posts: 37

After my recent FFXIV disappointment, if TOR bombs I will have to give up on the MMO genre. There is just something about it that is inherently self-defeating. It poisons itself. 

I like Bioware games, they have always been solid. If even they can't make a solid MMO, then there is little or no hope for this genre. I was hoping that the problem was a Western thing...that our Western companies just lacked the necessary work ethic and personal integrity and devotion to quality. But then came FFXIV... :(

It will be 20-50 years before neural interfaces and virtual reality and quantum computers make a GOOD mmo feasible. By then there will be a new generation of gamers and game makers, and hopefully they won't be as screwed up as we are. Hopefully they can learn from our repeated mistakes.

• Asmiroth20Asmiroth20 Member Posts: 346

So what that he's an actual employee?  Does that make his rant true about TOR?  Does him being mad cloud his judgement?  After watching all the videos, reading all the information and hearing from people who actually played the game, I could hardly believe one person over many.  I would think that with all the stuff I've seen and heard, TOR's chance of failing is in the single digit percentage.  I wouldn't count on it.  Other than that, I'd say that we should wait until more stuff comes.

• OdditiesOddities Member Posts: 16

All that blog really proves is making video games isnt half as easy, fun or exciting as people imagine. Half the stuff he complains about is the same stuff anyone who works in an office would complain about and the other half makes no sense.

This discussion has been closed.