Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Overjealous moderator removing threads on WAR's forums.

I would like some explanation as to why this thread was removed:

Game: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Category: WAR (Warhammer Online)

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Disgruntled Mythic Employees reveals secrets of game development.

Link to Post: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3856033#3856033

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

Comments

• I second this.

• Shadow786Shadow786 Member UncommonPosts: 210

Wow, you need a reason as to why it was removed? Is it not obvious to you?

Go put your hand in a lions mouth and if it bites ask the zookeeper why they removed the lion from the pen.

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Shadow786

Go put your hand in a lions mouth and if it bites ask the zookeeper why they removed the lion from the pen.

Maybe i should have written "I would like some official explanation"... but anyway i would like you to tell us the obvious reason we didn't figured out.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by scuubeedoo

Maybe i should have written "I would like some official explanation"... but anyway i would like you to tell us the obvious reason we didn't figured out.

Uhhh...

Ummm...

Could it be because EA Louse can't be verified as a genuine Mythic employee? So the title of your post would be what's called false right now and possibly inflammatory?

Originally posted by Normike

Uhhh...

Ummm...

Could it be because EA Louse can't be verified as a genuine Mythic employee? So the title of your post would be what's called false right now and possibly inflammatory?

What you are, Shadow786's mom to be answering a question i specifically directed at him?

If that's so, how come another thread like this one:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/thread/294696/Well-at-least-it-has-good-sound.html

that refers to the same URL has 138 posts and 3257 views, if it will obviously get removed as the post you are defending, claims? People don't waste their time writing things up, if they will obviously get removed in the near future.

That's why i am asking an official response from mmorpg.com, instead of what you pulled out of your ass, cause there is nothing obvious here.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Bad censorship BAD.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

wow really people, if you work for EA any information that is negative is against the contract. Anything that talks about what goes on in the offices is also against the contract. This is simply a legal reason and this guy will not only get fired but also get stomped all over by EA lawyers.

Originally posted by Joker2240

wow really people, if you work for EA any information that is negative is against the contract. Anything that talks about what goes on in the offices is also against the contract. This is simply a legal reason and this guy will not only get fired but also get stomped all over by EA lawyers.

I don't think your post has anything to do with the thread's subject here. I can only assume that you either didn't read the OP, or are trying to derail the thread on purpose.

I don't think your post has anything to do with the thread's subject here. I can only assume that you either didn't read the OP, or are trying to derail the thread on purpose.

No, it has to do with the thread. They are going to close anything that talks about someone breaching a contract. I mean it is common sense that if you support or give links or anything that is related to something that someone else broke they will close it.  

Edit: Also like someone else said, there is no proof that it is official so why allow false information spread?

Edit Edit: yes, I see that there is an other thread about the same thing. So why create an other one if there is already one up?

No, it has to do with the thread. They are going to close anything that talks about someone breaching a contract. I mean it is common sense that if you support or give links or anything that is related to something that someone else broke they will close it.  

Oh it's common sense, so you mean this moderator here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3855912#3855912

lacks common sense cause even if he knows there is a thread around that is linking on that blog, instead of closing it, he invites people there to continue their discussion.

Edit: Also like someone else said, there is no proof that it is official so why allow false information spread?

I don't know. Is your answer to my question official? No, so why you expect me to give it any credit?

Edit Edit: yes, I see that there is an other thread about the same thing. So why create an other one if there is already one up?

You ask me the reason why i would want a thread on WAR's forums about a blog that is titled "Why Warhammer failed"? Sure i 'll answer if it isn't obvious. The blog is from a Mythic employee which reveals some internals of the company which in turn, if the whole blog doesn't prove fake, could have implcations over WAR's future (i.e. it's coming expansion etc). If the thread i linked on my OP wasn't removed, you could read my specific concerns about WAR.

Sure there is another thread which points out to the same blog but it's not about the "same thing" as you claim. That thread is about how that blog relates specifically to SWTOR. I don't think many people in that thread would be interested to read my concerns about WAR on a thread that specifically refers to SWTOR and it's even on SWTOR forums... They could go as "far" as telling me i am offtopic and report my posts as such and you know what? They would be right. I would probably do the same if they came to WAR forums talking about SWTOR.

Another guy maybe, with exactly the same blog as a start point, could like to discuss the private agreements of companies with their employees from a business point of view. That's all different discussions.

Also i am missing in general, why a moderator cares that much about what we discuss and where we discuss it, to the point that he goes that far into deleting a whole thread, hence the "overjealous" in my thread's title.

Oh it's common sense, so you mean this moderator here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3855912#3855912

lacks common sense cause even if he knows there is a thread around that is linking on that blog, instead of closing it, he invites people there to continue their discussion.

I don't know. Is your answer to my question official? No, so why you expect me to give it any credit?

You ask me the reason why i would want a thread on WAR's forums about a blog that is titled "Why Warhammer failed"? Sure i 'll answer if it isn't obvious. The blog is from a Mythic employee which reveals some internals of the company which in turn, if the whole blog doesn't prove fake, could have implcations over WAR's future (i.e. it's coming expansion etc). If the thread i linked on my OP wasn't removed, you could read my specific concerns about WAR.

Sure there is another thread which points out to the same blog but it's not about the "same thing" as you claim. That thread is about how that blog relates specifically to SWTOR. I don't think many people in that thread would be interested to read my concerns about WAR on a thread that specifically refers to SWTOR and it's even on SWTOR forums... They could go as "far" as telling me i am offtopic and report my posts as such and you know what? They would be right. I would probably do the same if they came to WAR forums talking about SWTOR.

Another guy maybe, with exactly the same blog as a start point, could like to discuss the private agreements of companies with their employees from a business point of view. That's all different discussions.

Also i am missing in general, why a moderator cares that much about what we discuss and where we discuss it, to the point that he goes that far into deleting a whole thread, hence the "overjealous" in my thread's title.

wow I did not know you cared SOOO much about a thread... Stop QQing and move on...

[...]

wow I did not know you cared SOOO much about a thread... Stop QQing and move on...

Thanks for clearing up that you were intentionally trying to derail the thread as i originally pointed out.

• mverhoevvemverhoevve Member Posts: 56

I ain't no official (was that obvious?) but I would bet that IT'S ABOUT STOCK MONEY.

Also no real need to discuss the validity of the blog anymore. Anyway you guys are doing something right if it comes to this.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

What does overjealous mean?

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Moderator actions aren't discussed via forums. 

Duplicate threads were locked and referred to an existing thread. If it helps, I'm forwarding the thread in question to my Community Manager for review.

Fortune favours the bold.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi guys,

We initially scrubbed the discussions while we tried to figure out what was going on. The cat's out of the bag now, however, so feel free to discuss it. Though we don't need duplicate threads discussing the situation.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in touch with me at [email protected].

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.