Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't get "Dragon Age Origins"

Joshua69Joshua69 Member UncommonPosts: 953

everyone praises it like its sooo amazeing. I bought it for 360, played it, beat it, went through a second time. It's fun, I enjoyed it. But it had a lot of flaws IMO. I couldn't stand not being able to go around leveling up. Moving around was kind of funky and felt blocky. I got madd frusturated at the mass amounts of stuns enemies would dish out, I ended up saving after every fight it seemed. maybe it was better for PC?

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    I don't understand... You want the ability to grind levels??? Why? The game is pretty easy already on 360 (much harder on pc).

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• RawAttitudeRawAttitude Member Posts: 36

Originally posted by Joshua69

everyone praises it like its sooo amazeing. I bought it for 360, played it, beat it, went through a second time. It's fun, I enjoyed it. But it had a lot of flaws IMO. I couldn't stand not being able to go around leveling up. Moving around was kind of funky and felt blocky. I got madd frusturated at the mass amounts of stuns enemies would dish out, I ended up saving after every fight it seemed. maybe it was better for PC?

Why did you play it twice if you didn't like it? And it worked better on PC because of the keyboard.

@Rockgod99, the difficulty can be changed so in the end it doesn't matter.

• thundurrthundurr Member Posts: 7

DAO was my biggest dissappointment in a long time. I was a HUGE Mass Effect fan and saw that model going into a fantasy game being OMG! The probelm was, it was the first game I have played in years that I actually got stuck at a point where I could not progress. No it wasn't me, it was a bugged quest. My choice was to start all over, but I was so disgusted by it that I just sold it back to GS. Where was the QA on this game? Too bad... I'll still play the second one though in hopes they gtested it better.

• CrazedBeaverCrazedBeaver Member Posts: 73

The reason you see rave reviews for a game like this is because reviewers work for magazines.  Magazines survive on advertising.  Good reveiws = advertising dollars.  And when you see posts on a forum like this saying how great it is, thats called viral marketing.  People are paid to troll forums proclaiming how great bad products are.  Lazy reveiwers jump on the bandwagon, probably never even installing the games, and just repeat whatever the big publication said.  This is nothing new.  It has been this way since the days of Nintendo Power.

DAO inspired me to stop buying RPGs.  And furthermore, to stop buying games from large developers all together. 

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by CrazedBeaver

The reason you see rave reviews for a game like this is because reviewers work for magazines.  Magazines survive on advertising.  Good reveiws = advertising dollars.  And when you see posts on a forum like this saying how great it is, thats called viral marketing.  People are paid to troll forums proclaiming how great bad products are.  Lazy reveiwers jump on the bandwagon, probably never even installing the games, and just repeat whatever the big publication said.  This is nothing new.  It has been this way since the days of Nintendo Power.

DAO inspired me to stop buying RPGs.  And furthermore, to stop buying games from large developers all together. 

Or, the games actually great and you just dont like it.

Let me guess, big companies pay little companies to make there games bad too so that the big companies will make more money? this is exactly what your conspiracy sounds like.

Belive it or not, not every game that you dont like that gets good reviews is paid for, shocking i know.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

And it worked better on PC because of the keyboard.

This.

I played through the entire thing on the PC version, loved it.  Best RPG I've seen in a long time, with decisions that genuinely have severe consequences rather than merely shifting a coloured bar left or right slightly.  Trying to compare it to Mass Effect is a bit silly, ME is a shoot 'em up masquerading as an RPG.  Baldur's Gate immediately sprang to mind after a brief chance to settle into the gameplay, and it seems more like a spiritual successor in all but name.

Then I found my housemate had paid for the 360 version, and was quite looking forward to watching him play it.  The combat was outrageously dull, with little to no challenge as he simply charged headlong into groups that would have slaughtered me in seconds.  The problem is quite simple, I had access to countless abilities all neatly arranged and keybound.  He had three easily accessible buttons, and a retarded multi-step radial menu for everything else.  So they toned everything down to suit the clumsy interface.  It essentially ruined a brilliant game. 

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I enjoyed DA....I must have as I maxed acheivements on the game. Mass Effect 1 & 2 besides.

I have enjoyed all BW games since Baldur's Gate,  with the exception of Jade Empire. The only games since BG I dont own are the Sonic game, and the ME phone app game.

I suppose that makes me a BW fanboi....which is fine.

Sorry DA didnt tickle your fansy, but to claim only shills and paid off review sites like it, is simple-minded at best.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636

I can't force myself to finish it. I chronically start new characters to see if I like their feel and get annoyed having to go through the Ostagar quests and stop. It feels to linear.