Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with audio/video question

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I am looking for card for a PC that will run both audio and video through the same output.  I am sure there are some out there but my google searches have not uncovered any yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

If you mean through an HDMI output all current graphics cards will do that, you just have to change your default audio output in Windows sound config.

• CatamountCatamount Member Posts: 773

As far as I know, there is presently no single form of output which consists of both video and audio other than HDMI, and as Noquarter says, all presently manufactured video cards can output HDMI (and many integrated ones have HDMI output now too).

Even if your computer lacks an HDMI output, if you have a PCI Express 16x slot (which any computer made in the last five years should have), a Radeon HD 5450 only costs about $40 on Newegg (I don't know of anything that's cheaper to any notable degree).