Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Karma Cry Review - Knights of Dream City: 8.7

Karma Cry Review - Knights of Dream City: 8.7

It's been about a year since I first played Knights of Dream City and after having a second look, I believe it was worth giving it a review. Now playing it in more detail, I'm having a better time in the game and can clearly say that this is one of my favorite mmos.

Knights of Dream City has a lot of features that I happened to enjoy, mainly the loot system, colony and character development. You can gain a companion that levels up as you play the game, this is something I hadn't experienced the first time I played as I was still a low level character. The colony building became rather addicting as well and offers a different perspective to the game all together. Everything is easy to learn and knowing I can always come back to play without paying again is great. This game is addicting. The quests and missions is easy to get into and the way they did it makes it very simple to get things done.

The mmo style is more of a dungeon crawler loot based system. If you like picking up useful loot, crafting, building and assembly, you'll get addicted to this game in no time.  There are great skills you earn as you level up and you can purchase new skills in the shop making any character you create to become as powerful as you aim to build it. Combat is fun and becomes more challenging as you progress and utilize your combo skills. You have to earn security points to advance to other areas but there are different types of missions to complete to help you earn these advancements. Enemies randomly drop parts you can collect and turn in for security points and other rewards. The loot system is one of the best I've seen and most items you pick up is highly needed in one way or the other.

As you play the game, you notice more detail in your colony development, VIP Token rewards, skills and character progression. It evolves into something pretty nice and deserves to be played to the highest level cap.

This game is a great accomplishment and I recommend Knights of Dream City to casual and hard core gamers alike. It's just a fun game all around that could interest just about any type of gamer once given the chance.

Rating. 8.7

I have the right to like what I want!

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Could you explain more about the colony and loot systems?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KarmaCry7KarmaCry7 Member Posts: 144

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Could you explain more about the colony and loot systems?

The colony development is a side activity that is quite rewarding. You start off with an empty city block. When you begin construction, you will notice your colony expand with buildings and colonists. You gather food, resources and must convince visitors to join your colony by enticing them with specific resources. As you manage your resources and gain builders and colonists, your colony grows and you collect more tax resources each time you visit your colony, you also gain VIP tokens.

The drop system is nice mainly because all drops can be used in one way or the other for crafting or personal use. I could post a detailed example but I'm hoping NSG will post more content I could just link to.

Some examples include:

1. Mission Parts: Every enemy you battle has a chance to drop one of their body parts. If you collect enough of these parts, you can complete repeatable mission quest that gives exp, mira, clearance points and other goods.

2. Crystals and Materials: Small blue and red crystals must be fused to create larger crystals that are used as currency in the game. With mira you also need these crystals to purchase items. You can farm these items, craft them, find them in the trade market or collect them as drops. Materials must be crafted to produce healing and energy packs.

3. VIP Tokens: There are Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum Medals. Enemies drop these medals based upon the enemy level. These tokens can be traded in the VIP room for special items.

4. Secret box: There are different secret boxes but they all give a random prize when you open the box, mainly VIP Tokens. You need a certain level of engineering to open.

These are just some basic examples.

Your inventory is never cluttered with items that aren't important and everything stacks almost endlessly in your inventory.

I have the right to like what I want!

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Very cool!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre