Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Speculating on World of Darkness

123457»

Comments

• LrgShadowLrgShadow Member UncommonPosts: 61

make it always night?

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Would be nice if they could put mages  into the game also. I love the mage awkenings pnp game.

• TralakTralak Member Posts: 78

IM all for permadeath. CCP will create a system where "only Kids and leetdiots" falls.

• salvoresalvore Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by AkumaDaimyo

Uh wrong people. Its NOT VtM. Its VtR. It's NEW WoD. Not Old WoD. Sorry but there wont be Sabbat or Cam. White Wolf is pushing its new setting, not the old one. I wish people would keep up with the times instead of thinking Masquerade is still going.

I was at the Grand Masquerade, so I'm sorry, but you are wrong. The game will be V:tM. They even put it up on two giant screens to the roar of 1200 WoD fans. Don't get me wrong I love V:tR, but that will not be the setting for the MMO.

• exigentgamerexigentgamer Member Posts: 71

the only issue i have is, of they try to innovate to much I can see this gme being gritty how they tried with AoC and the seriously horrid implementation. This could be a great mature game if done right. I am apprehensive, only because fanbois from either side can destroy this game before its even out.

• sixteentonssixteentons Member Posts: 3

Okay here's the major problem with making an MMO set in the WoD.

Luke 16:13

"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

WoD has a very loyal fan base, and there is no way a developer could cater to both old school WoD fans and make an MMO that is friendly for massive consumption. So either it's going to be created for those existing fans and have moderate success, or it's going to be created to make money.

Now my hopes for the game?

It has to be Sandbox.

If they want to make instances, or well crafted quests that lead characters to interact with well written story arcs, this is fine. But there should be a way to make player created content, and character creation should be as open ended as possible.

It has to incorporate all of WoD not just the Masquarade.

"Initially," is fine so long as "initially" doesn't mean a year after release we see Werewolves, and three years later we get Mages and Geist. Geist is probably one of their best additions to the universe so far. I can't stress how badly I want to play as a Sin Eater.

Trade Skills should be all encompassing.

There should be a healthy virtual economy, with means of production of anything you can think of. In the last WoD one of my friends was growing weed in the other world. Basically he was growing super potent undead pot. Another plot line in that game involved cocaine laced with vampire blood. They should make these activities and any other crazy idea players can think of possible.

Diplomacy should be an option.

There should be abundant ways for people to create companies, coalitions, groups, and influence local politics.

Diplomacy shouldn't be the only option.

The game should be designed from the very beginning with Player vs Player involved. There should be no such thing as PVE and PVP servers. Screw that. You're a f'ing Vampire, and if a Werewolf comes up on you in some place that isn't a policed city your ass is grass buddy. Anyone that thinks PvP should not be an important part of this game can go cuddle with a care bear.

This game has to be mature.

We're talking about a world where demons run amok, and inbred mutants aren't the scariest thing you can think of. If a demon asks me to torture an Angel, so as it may harvest said Angel's blood and tears, I should be able to do this. In fact, I should be able to request said activities from players who want power or influence from me, that is if I'm playing a demon.

TLDR;

We're not in Azeroth anymore.

"Lord Darion don't ya call me 'cause I can't go, I owe my soul to the Thorium Store."