Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CLW is populated, come back to EQOA

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

A bunch of us are planning on going back to EQOA. We heard that CLW is fairly populated, and alot of people are starting from scratch, You should join us. Forget all these new crapfest MMO's and come back to an oldy but a goody.. You know you want to.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• krauleykrauley Member Posts: 2

if you want eqoa to come back i suggest going to th official forums and putting a bug in their ear about getting the game to the ps3 as a psn download that will run on any ps3. this is the only way its gonna come back. if they make it a free download a ton of people are gonna jump on it IMHO. i dont have access to the forums for some reason and cant even post to a mod to get it straightened out. have fum with eqoa its a great game. i miss it

• CinidilCinidil Member Posts: 63

I miss the hell out of EQOA...but I just can't bring myself to come back unless all the old areas are populated like they used to, and if going to Permafrost and killing Vox is still just as awesome and fun as it was years ago.  There's no way that will ever happen.  I may consider if they put it on PS3 at least.

• bleedxoutbleedxout Member Posts: 27

god i would love to go back.. i did 4 years on CLW from day 1 of prefronts.. to the glorious days where Naggy was a cake walk.

I doubt  any original players are there.

What's your Spell rotation in WoW?

What's a spell rotation? i just punch my keyboard!

Dk's = Fail..

Im a Ret pally moron!!

• MnemiMnemi Member UncommonPosts: 55

I was considering coming back recently after my Aion burnout along with a few new mmos.. I was around since prefront and the day of launch, one of the well known CLW Warriors - Zena lol silly name but I was young then anyhow, how's the population? Is it worth jumping back into?

• TimmyTimmy Member Posts: 68

Ahh, I loved this game. All that time being a tank and on Dial up and playing 24/7 and falling asleep on my team and I was the tank. Did that all the time, I would love to go back. How is it doing? All I'd have to do is put in my credit card info and i'd be back. Hodstock-Garwin and Darwin if anyone remembers me lol. But I know everyone is on Castle LightWolf.

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

This needs to happen! I miss CLW even though i wasnt max level.It was my first mmo and still to this day one i had the most fun with.I guess its all the stuff you get to experience in your first mmo that makes them special.Grouping with people,arguing with people for stealing your quest mobs lol,Hell the most fun i had was watching the Black Orcs raid Freeport and kill all the lowbies questing around it.I would let them kill a few before i went to the bank to call for help haha.

EQOA 2.0 or hell even a new Champions of Norrath for PS3. Those games were a blast.

• bleedxoutbleedxout Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by Mnemi

I was considering coming back recently after my Aion burnout along with a few new mmos.. I was around since prefront and the day of launch, one of the well known CLW Warriors - Zena lol silly name but I was young then anyhow, how's the population? Is it worth jumping back into?

Oddly i remember you. I was in Raider of Tunaria, or better known as RoT. My toons where..

Brelven - 60 Channeler

Rimmon - 60 Assassin

Vaylan 60-Defender

Erbas -60 Exorcist

What's your Spell rotation in WoW?

What's a spell rotation? i just punch my keyboard!

Dk's = Fail..

Im a Ret pally moron!!

• BaalatBaalat Member Posts: 1

I'd totally come back to EQOA, CLW all the way lol

I had a level 56 Druid (going for Stormcaller) Names Baalat.

I still to this day cannot find another game that was as much fun as EQOA.

I've played since day one till it was dead and I mean dead as in waiting for 5 hours for a group.

• lixdamlixdam Member Posts: 1

EQOA by far will always be the best mmo I ever played, it was fun, met some of the best friends I ever had in it, and the game was a great build from the beginning. Unfortunately it got nerfed a lot due to lil kids complains cus their toons weren't beating others when dueling and then classes where considered OP and suffered skills being taken away or delayed in timing.

I would love to see this game back in action, and well if there is ever a chance that they make a PS3 version that would be awesome.

My toons

Xsidx - 60 Necro  (yes the naked dueler that owned you with no gear on, only other to do this was Igotgutz)

Sidheals - 60 Cleric

Lixdan - 54 Monk ( If I remembered correct lvl)

Singa Que La Vida Es Pinga!

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

one of the big down falls for EQOA and getting returning players is the fact they still to this day they do not have any sort of character transfers. CLW had  a really good population last time i went back but all other servers are completely and utterly dead. and I unfortunetly played on Diren's Hold, and can't transfer all that hard work from there to CLW, i know i've asked MANY times even called them a few times. hell i'd be happy if they transfered (or remade them to the levels they are now) my characters butt naked, no gear no money and no CMs to CLW.

when i went back the last time i did manage to level an Alchemist to max and get him his Master Class very quicky( they have an exp super boost in game now 7x exp). joined a guild then within 5 min of joining they had me going on a Naggy raid lol.

for anyone that hasn't played in years its worth a shot again they revamped all the classes. they also added a Vampire infection to the list of infects you could get.and they have a cheap exp boost you can get from the main towns, only costs like 1000 tunare lasts 24hours of game time. free respects too so you can try out any build.community is still great as ever.

my characters was

Direns hold

Abyss Geomancer

Fantomas Death Knight

Pharmacykeys Metabolist (clw)

bunch of alts in mid to high 30s on DH and 50 something Hunter on clw forget their names.

• p3rf3ctgam3rp3rf3ctgam3r Member UncommonPosts: 11

Lol, I remember that name... Zena.  I played EQOA (all 3 betas and then stuck around for 4years on Ferran's Hope).  My name in beta was Nostrodamus but day one of official release, a mod appeared in front of my character in the Erudite city and told me I had to change it.  So I became Noss.  Lol.   I miss EQoA.

• RakujiRakuji Member UncommonPosts: 144

The only way for new players to even get on to this game is if they brought it to the ps3. They don't sell it in the store no more. lol. This was the one game I really wanted to play but missed out on. But I missed out on it cause I was playing EQ lol.

Kick to the Face.

• WindsurferWindsurfer Member UncommonPosts: 83

Oh wow haven't thought about this game in a long time. Use to play on Ferrans Hope as Artemiz a 60 assassin in Prophets of Rage.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Rakuji

The only way for new players to even get on to this game is if they brought it to the ps3. They don't sell it in the store no more. lol.

Are you sure about that? I was in the SOE store yesterday, put EQOA in my basket and ran thru the purchase process (backing out at the end because I game on my PC, not a console). I saw no indication that the product wasn't available.

Originally posted by CasualMaker

The only way for new players to even get on to this game is if they brought it to the ps3. They don't sell it in the store no more. lol.

Are you sure about that? I was in the SOE store yesterday, put EQOA in my basket and ran thru the purchase process (backing out at the end because I game on my PC, not a console). I saw no indication that the product wasn't available.

Boy, I sure wish this was still true. These days I have a back-compatible PS3 plus All Access, so I decided to try out EQOA. I could only get an old-style disk. Ever since SOE quit selling Frontiers, the cheapest ones available are fully half of what I paid for my fat PS3.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

TOriginally posted by CasualMaker

Boy, I sure wish this was still true. These days I have a back-compatible PS3 plus All Access, so I decided to try out EQOA. I could only get an old-style disk. Ever since SOE quit selling Frontiers, the cheapest ones available are fully half of what I paid for my fat PS3.

There's actually a somewhat affordable trick to getting frontiers on your account, but it requires you calling/chatting with SOE to do it. Apparently, as long as you have a frontiers disc, you can get a free frontiers account key from SOE if you ask them for it. I checked on this myself since my friend and I plan to start playing soon. Unfortunately though, the used Frontiers discs are also pretty expensives (I got one for about 40 dollars on amazon), but it's still way better than spending 100 or more for a brand new disc that isn't even necessary. As a matter a fact, if you use the key that SOE gives you for a new account (one without an original EQOA account), you even get the free 30 days of gametime. 

All in all, I was really surprised when SOE said they would allow this. I already had an account of my own from years ago, but as my friend is a new player, it's nice that there's a more affordable option. I just wish SOE would make a note of it on their forums so more potential returnees/new players could be made aware of this. I'll probably start posting about it myself actually.

Hope this helps :)

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Think I still have my disc but no way to play it as my PS3 is not backwards compatible. Think I made it up to level 30ish with some kind of pet job (want to say a necro but not sure).

I got my refurb PS3 at GameStop for about $230, I think, but most of them in my area have the slim PS2s for $30-40. I dithered over that choice for a long while, but finally went for the PS3 for the HDMI hookup and a Tomb Raider Trilogy disk (games that I never got around to playing on PC). Thought I could get some good used PS2 games, but most of them were worth buying; got an Indiana Jones (not LEGO), Deus Ex and Champions of Norrath. I found that EQOA couldn't work with the PS3's on-the-controller Bluetooth keyboard, so I traded it in at Best Buy for a Logitech USB wireless keyboard that worked fine.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I got my refurb PS3 at GameStop for about $230, I think, but most of them in my area have the slim PS2s for $30-40. I dithered over that choice for a long while, but finally went for the PS3 for the HDMI hookup and a Tomb Raider Trilogy disk (games that I never got around to playing on PC). Thought I could get some good used PS2 games, but most of them were worth buying; got an Indiana Jones (not LEGO), Deus Ex and Champions of Norrath. I found that EQOA couldn't work with the PS3's on-the-controller Bluetooth keyboard, so I traded it in at Best Buy for a Logitech USB wireless keyboard that worked fine.

I'm playing it on a refurb 60gb from gamestop too actually, but you might want to take precautions like I did and send it into endlesselectronics (or somewhere similar) to have it fitted for the better fan, cooler-running power supply, new thermal paste, and pads. These old systems are notorious for getting "yellow lights of death" so anything you can do to prevent heat is important. The paste and pads that sony uses are really cheap, so even just changing that out will make a huge difference. You can, of course, make all the upgrades yourself, but it ended up being cheaper for me to just send it to endless and let them do it. It was about 100 dollars altogether, and since the new fan and PSU cost about 30-40 each, it was a good deal. Anyway, just something to consider if you use your PS3 a lot, like I do.

Also, I wanted to give an update on the post I made yesterday about SOE issuing new Frontiers keys. After finally getting a used disc for my friend, I contacted SOE to get a key for his account, and apparently, "they're all depleted now". I made a thread on their official forums about this, so I'll just quote that:

"

My friend and I are/were planning to start playing soon, but as many of you probably know, a new copy of Frontiers is insanely priced these days (the only new copy I can see on Amazon is like 130 dollars!) That being the case, I looked into other means of getting my friend an account without having to pay an arm and leg. I had heard from others that SOE would provide a new key just as long as you had a used disc, so I contacted them myself (about two or three weeks ago) to find out for sure. Well, I was told that it was indeed possible and that as soon as my friend got his used disc, he could contact them again and they'd issue him a key for his account.

Fast forward to today. We finally got his used copy of Frontiers (which cost about 40 dollars in total), and contacted SOE again through chat support to get him an account key. Lo and behold, they claim to be completely depleted of keys now because they were apparently in "high demand" (something I seriously doubt, since most didn't even know you could do this in the first place) and also that he didn't think they'd even be getting anymore. Needless to say, I was beyond ticked when I heard this, especially after being assured by another TSR that they could and would do this as soon as we got another disc. Not at any time were we told that there was a limited amount of keys left, otherwise we would have tried aquiring it sooner. After arguging with the guy for a fruitless 15 minutes, he gave me the obligatory "Have a great day!" and disconnected before I could respond. I'm certainly having one...

Anyway, sorry for the rant; I guess I'm still blowing off steam about this. I mean, we asked them about this before we ordered the used disc just so we could avoid taking a risk and losing money, but it seems that has backfired on us, even with the precautions. You'd think that the company who made and operates the game would be able to fabricate a key or two when the need arises, but apparently that's out of the realm of possibility. Sigh.

So, long story short, if any other prospective new/returning players are reading this, make sure you only buy a new disc of the game. The prices are insane, but at this point, it seems to be the only option. Then again, maybe since there is apparently such a "high demand" for new keys, SOE will get around to making some new ones.../note my sarcasm.

So yeah...ignore my last post. If you want to play Frontiers, you'll have to shell out an obscene amount of money first. I'd guess they're losing out on quite a few potential new subscribers by not creating new keys. SOE really confounds me at times.