Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question regarding equipment.

linksalulinksalu Member Posts: 38

Is there any news out there regarding how equipment will affect your character's appearance? Being able to put on a new chestpiece, boots, gloves, etc, and actually seeing them display on your character is one of the big draws of getting new gear. This is kind of a big concern for me. I honestly would not be able to get into a game where everyone, gear-wise, looks like they're wearing the same exact thing for levels X to X. I know there's a thread here discussing helmets, but I haven't seen anything on gear or gear customization in general.

Originally posted by geldonyetich

Wow, I knew you guys were pretty desparate to slam the game, but hacking the web page of a major game site so a user review masquarades as an official one? Pretty impressive.

[Edit: no, after seeing there's an actual video associated with it, I guess not, despite the wierd way GameSpot distributes its content making it looks like the reviewer didn't even write this.]

Comments

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

They added some type of costume / undergarment slot for those that don't like showing too much skin.

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by linksalu

Is there any news out there regarding how equipment will affect your character's appearance? Being able to put on a new chestpiece, boots, gloves, etc, and actually seeing them display on your character is one of the big draws of getting new gear. This is kind of a big concern for me. I honestly would not be able to get into a game where everyone, gear-wise, looks like they're wearing the same exact thing for levels X to X. I know there's a thread here discussing helmets, but I haven't seen anything on gear or gear customization in general.

There are renders of each races' armors from the old tests. They have since added more, though we have not seen any of the new stuff yet. Chest, gloves, and boots are all seperate pieces which effect your looks.

Armor Renders

• Tera.cc is a pirate and illegal website, they hack the client without the autorization of BHS and render manually the 3d models. Don't trust this website and more importantly don't support these russian hackers.

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by kdchan

Tera.cc is a pirate and illegal website, they hack the client without the autorization of BHS and render manually the 3d models. Don't trust this website and more importantly don't support these russian hackers.

where did u get that info? O.o

Tera-Online.cc is the largest russian community fansite for Tera. The site is perfectly safe to visit. They did extract these renders from the beta version of the client without EnMasses permission. However, Enmasse has given permission to other sites to do the same thing. So it is not like they are really hacking the game. Tera-Online.cc has the most complete collection of renders, which is why I linked it. EnMasse does not have a problem with people linking to the site from the official forums.