Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launchday Vet's Opinion on Cataclysm class changes.

Its real simple,Cataclysm is the NGE for WoW.All these threads that say this game or that game will be the WoW killer are fooling themselves.Blizzard/Activision will be the demise of WoW.

Comments

• JenksFTWJenksFTW Member Posts: 72
    I respect your opinion but disagree entirely. I have been in the beta for a while now and the new dungeon Heroics feel like vanilla wow, thought provoking and difficult. I think they are on the right track to reversing the damage they did with wrath.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225

Launch day vet here as well. People in Beta are absolutely loving the class changes. In fact this expack has received the least amount of hate from the player base as far as the classes are concerned (i am talking of people in beta and not random outsiders).

But hey they could all be wrong and you could be right. I seriously doubt it though. Also i am not sure why you had to bring the wow-killer and wow will die bullshit in here as it is almost certain to derail this thread.    

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Battleskar
    Its real simple,Cataclysm is the NGE for WoW.All these threads that say this game or that game will be the WoW killer are fooling themselves.Blizzard/Activision will be the demise of WoW.

Played from launch too and have absolutely no respect for what is not an opinion at all, just an unsubstantiated statement with no reasons given for it, just something designed to kick off age old arguments again!

Have a reason for your post or just thought you would have a dig at the expansion for the sake of it?

Played test realms with the next patch and i am liking what i am seeing so far as well as being very excited about the changes coming with Cataclysm. Especially looking forward to the guild changes and controls as well as archeology.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

Cataclysm is not a Blizzard version of SOE's NGE - not even remotely related.    You are trying to hard to troll WoW.   Cataclysm actually takes WoW back to its roots sorta speaking.   Learning to play your class is important again and the game is better for it. 

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

Originally posted by jason_webb

Played from launch too and have absolutely no respect for what is not an opinion at all, just an unsubstantiated statement with no reasons given for it, just something designed to kick off age old arguments again!

Have a reason for your post or just thought you would have a dig at the expansion for the sake of it?

Played test realms with the next patch and i am liking what i am seeing so far as well as being very excited about the changes coming with Cataclysm. Especially looking forward to the guild changes and controls as well as archeology.   I could care less if you respect my opinion or not.I have played it as well and from where I satnd its nothing at all like Vanilla WoW period.Take a stroll down the class forums on the wow boards and just read how many Do not like the changes. I suppose it depends on what class you play,but there are sevral of the most popular classes that people are not liking.If you like the changes fine play the game and enjoy yourself.I stated what I think of it so far and have decided not to buy the expansion pack.There is nothing new in this expansion that has not already been done before.The Guild changes you speak of have been in EQ2 awhile now.I personally as a gamer in mmo's like to choose my class,be the best at it I can and want the devs to add tons of content,not change my class every expansion.You may like relearning your class all over,but not everybody out there does.

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225

Originally posted by Deleted User

I could care less if you respect my opinion or not.I have played it as well and from where I satnd its nothing at all like Vanilla WoW period.Take a stroll down the class forums on the wow boards and just read how many Do not like the changes. I suppose it depends on what class you play,but there are sevral of the most popular classes that people are not liking.If you like the changes fine play the game and enjoy yourself.I stated what I think of it so far and have decided not to buy the expansion pack.There is nothing new in this expansion that has not already been done before.The Guild changes you speak of have been in EQ2 awhile now.I personally as a gamer in mmo's like to choose my class,be the best at it I can and want the devs to add tons of content,not change my class every expansion.You may like relearning your class all over,but not everybody out there does.

There is just so much wrong with this post that i don't know where to start. You clearly haven't played the game in a long while and are definitely not in touch with whats to come with the next ex-pack.