Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favourite cartoon or show that is off air?

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Ducky
    Rikimaru, i think that was "Big Bad Beetleborg's" or somthing along the Beetleborg line.

Nah, it's not that.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558

Originally posted by Kunou
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the D&D cartoon from YEARS ago! At least if someone mentioned it I missed it, that was my favorite cartoon by far! Its the one cartoon that I wish would be broght back on Cartoon Network or something. They show reruns of all those old cartoons no one cares about but the one show I'd like to see again is still out in limbo somewhere. :(

ok Kunou I think you are thinking off Battle Quest... it was one of the best shows ever and the board game rocked(thats prob only reason I rember the name). And wow guys I thought I typed in an enlightened forum but apparently I was saddly mistaken... lets get on those 90s cartoons, first I shall reinofrce some so far mentioned... Spider man and Batman 90s were amazing but I have to say Spiderman took the cake because of the great voicing for peter parker... Now to the real cream I cant belive you guys miss shows such as... Dark wing Duck, Scrouge, Roger Rabbit, the one were the bear flies the planes I forgot name... well thats about all I can think of right now but I know there are more .... ow by the way transffomers beast wars was very good...

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Rockos Modern Life
    Invader Zim
    Reboot
    Beastwars:organics or something
    Batman Beyond
    The Angry Beavers
    Cat and Dog
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Ruroni Kenchin (Botosai, the man slayer)

And this samurai cartoon, where each armor had its own strengths and weaknesses. It was played on Cartoon Network from like 2:30 - 5.

One kid had this red armor that took the attributes of each and every other armor and turned white.

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

I shed a tear when I saw Reboot on your list. That was single-handedly the greatest cartoon ever made. I have been looking for the boxset for about 4 years. Good memories of me coming home from grade school and watching Reboot come flooding back to me.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• ZangkZangk Member Posts: 60

Originally posted by Aldaron

Street Fighter, G.I. Joe's, Gargoyles, Transformers, Sonic the Hedgehog. Some odd Supermario bro's show that was part cartoon and part real people.

Ya. i think i had seen that super mario show. There is another, it still sorta comes on air from time to time. It is reboot. Now that was a pretty good show, especially the whole concept of things. Plus i remember some sonic show that i have seen. The bad guy turned the animals into robots, one of them was his grampa.
  • AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268

Pinky and the Brain

Freakazoid

Tiny toons

Transformers

RoboTech

Just a few of my favourite cartoons of all time not on the air ( well not on my TV LOL )

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"

• LastSpartanLastSpartan Member Posts: 87

Rocko's Modern Life was great

2 stupid dogs was funny as hell back in the day. For a while it showed at 5am I got up just for it.

Swat Cats I wish I could watch it again and pay attention to the story image

Invader Zim Still shows in other countries :(

and the king Family Guy image

Feakazoid! Rocko's modern life! Wait what about Animaniaks with the pinky and the brain! Those were alwyas entertaining. I wonder if there is a way to buy reboot series, those were always good.
  • kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    ren and stimpy anyone?

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089

Originally posted by Zangk
    Feakazoid! Rocko's modern life! Wait what about Animaniaks with the pinky and the brain! Those were alwyas entertaining. I wonder if there is a way to buy reboot series, those were always good.

yeah rockos  all those are good.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

I watched a few ren and stimpy, some where not to bad
  • SatansDiscipleSatansDisciple Member Posts: 2,782

Aeon Flux.

--------------------------------------

• ClorinthClorinth Member Posts: 41

Red Planet

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Originally posted by KillerFlea
    Ninja Turtles, Spiderman, Mario were all shows I used to watch when I was a kid. I don't know how this has anything to do with MMORPG's, but whatever. image

Ninja Turtles is still on the air. Its on Fox saturday mornings

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

Originally posted by Kiamde

I shed a tear when I saw Reboot on your list. That was single-handedly the greatest cartoon ever made. I have been looking for the boxset for about 4 years. Good memories of me coming home from grade school and watching Reboot come flooding back to me.

Man this whole topic is making me shed tears. Many of cartoons today are BS like spongebob and the cartoons we grew up with is the best. Nickelodeon's newer cartoons . . .almost all of them suck now. All there is, is FoX kids (BoX) a little of WB Kids and all eyes are on Cartoon Network and boomerang (if you have digital or satellite cable)

|

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

Yeah, alot of the cartoons today IMO suck;not all, but most. The one thing I'm getting tired of seeing is all of these Pokemon/ Yu Gi Oh spin offs and remakes of good cartoons like Batman and Spider that are totally different then the original and look and sound very stupid. For that reason, I don't watch Fox Box and WB kids because it's all new stuff that is either spin offs or remakes...

However, there are some good cartoons out there that are new like Teen Titans, Megas XLR, Static Shock, Grim Adventures, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. All good cartoons that bring back some sort of humor or overall aspect of the older cartoons when alot of us were alot younger.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Heyyy! Pokemon was great: Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and all of those spinoffs suck, but lets face it, pokemon was king.
    I never watched the show much, I did buy alot of the cards, but the gameboy game was (and still is) probably on a list of top 20 games ever made (with of course every Zelda game on that list, World of Warcraft and Starcraft)
    And I am appalled that a few others and I were the only ones that mentioned Invader Zim!!! You'd think at least 50% of the posts would have mentioned that show.::::02::

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there

Originally posted by Helixwolf

Yeah, alot of the cartoons today IMO suck;not all, but most. The one thing I'm getting tired of seeing is all of these Pokemon/ Yu Gi Oh spin offs and remakes of good cartoons like Batman and Spider that are totally different then the original and look and sound very stupid. For that reason, I don't watch Fox Box and WB kids because it's all new stuff that is either spin offs or remakes...
    However, there are some good cartoons out there that are new like Teen Titans, Megas XLR, Static Shock, Grim Adventures, and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. All good cartoons that bring back some sort of humor or overall aspect of the older cartoons when alot of us were alot younger.

Your so right man. imageimage Batman beyond was ok though, but The Batman is kinda . . . .image. Yu Gi Oh is good to watch but it's like they make it up on the way . . . .which is weird. Sonic X is great becuase it's Sonic... it's like a mix of the past 2 cartoons (the comedy and serious version). Other than that....i don't know image

Originally posted by gargantroo

Heyyy! Pokemon was great: Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon and all of those spinoffs suck, but lets face it, pokemon was king.
    I never watched the show much, I did buy alot of the cards, but the gameboy game was (and still is) probably on a list of top 20 games ever made (with of course every Zelda game on that list, World of Warcraft and Starcraft)
    And I am appalled that a few others and I were the only ones that mentioned Invader Zim!!! You'd think at least 50% of the posts would have mentioned that show.::::02::

First of all, I beleive Digimon was first, becuase when the digivice (the first ones image)

those became very very popular and fun back in the day (good memories of that device). Pokemon's (the cartoon) first 2 seasons were awsome but after that it got dumbed down with crap like "loving, feeling, touching, and caring about your pokemon" and more words than action. It just sucked after that.

MONSTER RANCHER was by far the best but it sucks that it was cancled, the WB never finished showing all the esipodes and they threw it aside. Digimon cartoons were cool but weird and it's like the matrix.... you have to see it from the beginning in order to understand whats going on...

|

• HelixwolfHelixwolf Member Posts: 345

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Originally posted by Helixwolf

Your so right man. imageimage Batman beyond was ok though, but The Batman is kinda . . . .image. Yu Gi Oh is good to watch but it's like they make it up on the way . . . .which is weird. Sonic X is great becuase it's Sonic... it's like a mix of the past 2 cartoons (the comedy and serious version). Other than that....i don't know image

Originally posted by gargantroo

First of all, I beleive Digimon was first, becuase when the digivice (the first ones image)

those became very very popular and fun back in the day (good memories of that device). Pokemon's (the cartoon) first 2 seasons were awsome but after that it got dumbed down with crap like "loving, feeling, touching, and caring about your pokemon" and more words than action. It just sucked after that.

MONSTER RANCHER was by far the best but it sucks that it was cancled, the WB never finished showing all the esipodes and they threw it aside. Digimon cartoons were cool but weird and it's like the matrix.... you have to see it from the beginning in order to understand whats going on...

Oh man does that picture bring back memories of middle school with all of that nano pet keychain stuff! I had two of those and didn't know what the hell Digimon was still the cartoon came out way later. Only then did I know what the monsters really were once I saw them on the cartoon. I used to bring both of mine to school and battle my friends.....damn I was dorky then, but they were fun thoughimage.

Hmm...then after that came the Pokemon cards.......uh..eh I'm not going there lol.image

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    oh yeah Fraggle rock .... those guys were the bomb. Stealing radishes from above ground and the dozers building stuff out of radishes...... its quite funny to have a kids show pretty much say hey its ok to steal well as long its radishes...... lol
  • KillaDreamnKillaDreamn Member Posts: 38
    The only show I want to see come back on to television would have to be ECW, old wrestling federation that owned all of the current stuff we have today. :)
  • candida26candida26 Member Posts: 12

for me its 1) popeye 2)speed racer 3)porky pig 4)flintstones 5)mr magoo 6)snagglepuss

for my kids 1)sonic hedgehog 2)captain america 3)inspector gadget 4)batman (bigfav) and

5)simpsons

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

INVADER ZIMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

• admjn65admjn65 Member Posts: 253

Invader Zim pwns! man it's been awhile...
    I havent read this whole thread but from what I've read I haven't seen any Garfield! Yea its not ur typical action/adventure kickass cartoon but as a young lad I used to love the fat cat.
    (Cant 4get bout Odie either ^^)

There was this old cartoon called G-Force on Cartoon Network, man that was some quality television. I also loved the old ninja turtles, I still have movies of them whoopin some shredder hiney ::::02:: Theres a new ninja turtles on now and it sucks so bad, it doesnt even come close to the old ones.

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

Yeah I liked the old ninja turtles alot too
    But there's one thing i TOTALLY LOVE about the New ninja turtles Cartoons (And i actually like FYI)
    Michaelangelo actually has Nunchucks!!!!!!!!! In the old cartoon you could see him ever so often with the nunchucks on his belt but he hardly ever used them them... he always used this little rope thingie with a small turtles with hooks as the feet... I felt that good old mike got the bad end of the stick for that....
    But now he's a full fledged turtle...

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>