Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: BioShock MMO in the Works

ForceQuitForceQuit Member Posts: 350

Good idea or bad?  Yay or nay?

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-bioshock-mmo-in-the-works-170984.phtml

Although I enjoyed the single player games, honestly it seems a far fetched idea to turn it into a MMO.

Comments

• BoredmadBoredmad Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by ForceQuit

Good idea or bad?  Yay or nay?

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-bioshock-mmo-in-the-works-170984.phtml

Although I enjoyed the single player games, honestly it seems a far fetched idea to turn it into a MMO.

I doubt that it is real, but I guess if it did happen the ADAM upgrades could be placed on a rpg system and EVE would practically just be mana, but I have to admit I don't see how it would work.

• NinjaVegaNinjaVega Member Posts: 52

yea this seems like a far fetched idea

the bioshock game really only explains how that one little station has all those cool and interesting characters, the rest of the planet is presumably fairly normal and thus "boring"

so how would you cram a "massive" number of players into that station/city in an online game?

unless you completely revamp the entire backstory or place it so far into a different timeline as to be irrelevent ot the original game, in which case your just using the bioshock name with little justification

• DittoDitto Member Posts: 84

To be honest Bioshock infinite shows that there is at least 1 whole other world and stronly sugtgests they have more lore for the game then the first 2 suggested.They could have more of these "Persons" in this lore then the 2 that created just these 2 worlds meaning there could be entire worlds and factions for a MMO.

• n3verendRn3verendR Member UncommonPosts: 452

As a huge fan of all things Shock, System Shock, Bioshock, and Infinite - I believe I can safely say that while all these games take place on secluded locales... There is nothing to suggest that the reasoning behind the construction of places like Rapture and Columbia is simply because of the lore provided...

There could be plenty reasons for mass exodus and seclusion. I think it has potential.

People think it's fun to pretend your a monster. Me I spend my life pretending I'm not. - Dexter Morgan

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

I can see how the concept could be massaged into an MMO, but I'm not sure how good it would be. If they allow anyone to be a big daddy or have a little sister, then I think it will suck and cheapen the earlier BioShock lore.

Still, if it's done well, I'd probably spring for it.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• nedoxnedox Member Posts: 99

I think it's a good idea, its a grat game, they can make great storyline out of it, so why not?

I would be 1st in row for beta testing :)

vps hosting-My VPS hosting choice || web hosting-My Web hosting blog

• KadiaKadia Member Posts: 30

Gah.. some people need to STOP making good single player games into mmos. They usually turn out to be a fali and waste of time and money. They should spend their time improvingthe original game that we love.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

I don't see how its a far fetched idea. Set the  timeline for bioshock during the begining of adam addiction. When the big daddies show up. Still civil order being maintained throughout rapture but with it ready to break at any point. Factions throughout rapture could really come into there own, the possibilities for throwing in characters from both bioshock 1 and 2 could be persued as well, before they went on a mission of vengence or dominance, or went bat***t crazy.