Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's not because it's different that we hate it

LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

It's because it's inaccessible.

#1. Interface. GG I don't need to explain this

#2 Hardware requirements. I have a monster setup, I ran the beta just fine but I know 100% that not many PC players are gonna spend more than 1000 on a machine. FYI, my setup  is more than 5k including monitor/speakers, etc. etc.

#3. Lack of tutorial. I code for a living. You know what I wanna do after a long day of coding and running into stupid ass errors because I forgot to add a ; at the end of a line and thought it was sometihng else? (Yeah, this still happens to everyone I know). I wanna play a relaxing game or just straihgt up bang my girl. I do NOT want to go into a game and have to guess wtf I'm supposed to do next; I do enough of that for a living.

#4. Economy. Great, Square-Enix has reasons. Guess what? It's a stupid idea and inaccessible. It makes trading much harder than it needs to be. Oh. So now they're adding AH? Too late, I didn't purchase.

#5. Harder != inacessible. If I took out mounts, raised xp curve to 500% of what it is now and added a death penality (lets say, 5% chance of drop item or full inventory on death) in World of Warcraft you know what would happen? They'd instantly lose more than 75% of their subs. I'd also never play the game again. Real life is hard, go play real life if you want a challenge.

GG

I just thought of something stupid as hell:

Would sex be fun if you had to guess which hole was the right one? And there was a penality for sticking it in the wrong one?

I live to go faster...or die trying.

Comments

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by Kuraphimaru

Originally posted by Lienhart

Would sex be fun if you had to guess which hole was the right one? And there was a penality for sticking it in the wrong one?

That one depends. I guess if you are into Dominance and Submission then yea.

Good point, I didn't think of that.

I think, however, for the general individual....no. It would not be very fun.

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Don't take too long to decide which hole to stick it in or you will get Fatigue.

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662

Originally posted by Shoju

Don't take too long to decide which hole to stick it in or you will get Fatigue.

lol......

Sex works as an analogy for anything =D

• Birdy88Birdy88 Member Posts: 107

Well yea, but its not unplayable, and will improve. its about the biggest fault though correct.

#2 Hardware requirements. I have a monster setup, I ran the beta just fine but I know 100% that not many PC players are gonna spend more than 1000 on a machine. FYI, my setup  is more than 5k including monitor/speakers, etc. etc.

Yea yea im sure it was... if you had any clue about PC hardware you wouldnt waste that ridiculous ammount, and then laughable complain about requirments that a £500 PC can easily match in this day and age.

#3. Lack of tutorial. I code for a living. You know what I wanna do after a long day of coding and running into stupid ass errors because I forgot to add a ; at the end of a line and thought it was sometihng else? (Yeah, this still happens to everyone I know). I wanna play a relaxing game or just straihgt up bang my girl. I do NOT want to go into a game and have to guess wtf I'm supposed to do next; I do enough of that for a living.

Tough shit? this game isnt aimed at you then, go play a MMO more suited top driverting you from A top B to the level cap, this game doesnt HAVE to appeal to your type. 

#4. Economy. Great, Square-Enix has reasons. Guess what? It's a stupid idea and inaccessible. It makes trading much harder than it needs to be. Oh. So now they're adding AH? Too late, I didn't purchase.

Lol so let me get this straight, despite them adding what you want very soon, you deem it "too late" in a game that will exist for many years and doesnt have to be played on day one? facepalm worthy...

#5. Harder != inacessible. If I took out mounts, raised xp curve to 500% of what it is now and added a death penality (lets say, 5% chance of drop item or full inventory on death) in World of Warcraft you know what would happen? They'd instantly lose more than 75% of their subs. I'd also never play the game again. Real life is hard, go play real life if you want a challenge.

Took out mounts? theyre likely to be in, just not yet, and you having telporting. in WOW I couldnt mount til level 40 so really, get your head out of your arse and realize this is EARLY GAME.

What death penalties? a 5 minute ressurection sickness? and the xp curve isnt that big, it took me less time 1-15 that in WoWs.

GG

dumbest anology ever. terrible trolling.

• minchet456minchet456 Member Posts: 42

All the things you mentioned as reasons why you dont like the game,  are the things that make the game different. So I guess you dont like it........because its different. See what I did there.

1. Interface: I like how you assumed everyone hates it. You know what they say about assumption. I personally like the interface. Because its different.

2. Hardware Requirements: So now the graphics are too good? I agree that its got high reqs, but why would i want them to be low end?

3. Lack of tutorial: Again, its just a different route they decided to go. They wanted people to talk to each other and figure stuff out. Its a multiplayer game for a reason. If you need help, then ask.

4. Economy:  Another difference, but it has the same solution as your tutorial problem. Talk to people.

5 Harder != inacessible: You hate the game for being to hard. Really? I got a copy of peggle if you want it.

All the things you complained about are just SE's way of marketing the game to a more old school crowd. Us EQ and UO vets that want a challenge and want to group with people again. Thats all.

PS: This has all been stated multiple times before on these forums. Dont know why im bothering to post it again.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

It is because someone has to kick Enix-balls. Twice.

It is because they think to release a MMOG with a standard crew.

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

^

L2Read.

That would explain why you're 30 and spending your time trolling people who you think are trolls because they stated their opinions.

Also, try getting some first then you'll realize why people agreed w/ the analogy. Virgin siren going off.

Congrats on lossing any respect I might have had for your opinion. Bad troll siren going off.

...ah, who am I kidding? You lost it halfway through the OP.

• HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

^
    L2Read.

That would explain why you're 30 and spending your time trolling people who you think are trolls because they stated their opinions.
    Also, try getting some first then you'll realize why people agreed w/ the analogy. Virgin siren going off.

Lienhart, this is a well rounded flame. You will insult some people here.

But believe me, I look better than my English.

Btw... this is the reason why I do not hate.

• unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by Birdy88

Well yea, but its not unplayable, and will improve. its about the biggest fault though correct.

Yea yea im sure it was... if you had any clue about PC hardware you wouldnt waste that ridiculous ammount, and then laughable complain about requirments that a £500 PC can easily match in this day and age.

Tough shit? this game isnt aimed at you then, go play a MMO more suited top driverting you from A top B to the level cap, this game doesnt HAVE to appeal to your type. 

Lol so let me get this straight, despite them adding what you want very soon, you deem it "too late" in a game that will exist for many years and doesnt have to be played on day one? facepalm worthy...

Took out mounts? theyre likely to be in, just not yet, and you having telporting. in WOW I couldnt mount til level 40 so really, get your head out of your arse and realize this is EARLY GAME.

What death penalties? a 5 minute ressurection sickness? and the xp curve isnt that big, it took me less time 1-15 that in WoWs.

GG

dumbest anology ever. terrible trolling.

I'm not sure which is more amusing...the original rant, or the ranting response....  :-)

• ChirugaiChirugai Member UncommonPosts: 304

Fortune favours the bold.

This discussion has been closed.