Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

more people joined left.

2»

Comments

• LumanilLumanil Member Posts: 110

Why don't people get it ??? 

HAVE FUN AND PLAY THIS GAME. YOU DON'T NEED TO GRIND.

You can play this game and have fun fighting, adventuring and exploring Agon without feeling the need to grind in a year.

You don't need it. Stop listening to those veterans with small epeens, that you need to grind. Trust me... YOU DON'T NEED TO GRIND.

There are always enough people, which similiar skill-levels. So you will always have the chance for a fair fight.

Not all fights you loose is because your opponent grinded. Most of the time, your opponent is simply better with player-skill or had luck.

Have fun... 

DON'T GRIND !!!!!

Just have FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Anubisan

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Like I have posted before what I have the most trouble understanding in some of these posts from people whoo dont play anymore or dont like the game is what are they playing instead.

I just can not imagine leaving DF to play say WoW for example, that just blows my mind.

I can only speak for myself, but unfortunately I am not playing anything at the moment. Darkfall is the only MMO that I have really enjoyed over the past couple years. I just can't get into any of the other ones.

Unfortunately I just don't have the patience to make it through Darkfall's grind. I then tried EVE online again, but I find that game to be very boring in many ways. So, for now I am again just waiting for another MMO that I will really enjoy and am playing games like Starcraft 2 and Civ 5 in the meantime. Darkfall was very very close to my perfect game. Had it not been for the massive grind and various other tedious aspects, I would probably play it for years...

what was the last MMO you liked and when in its lifecyle did you join? maybe MMO's are not for you in general?

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Originally posted by Ackbar

If the game was actually that fun it would have sustained a critical population to keep it fun no?

The gap between new players and veteran is mostly what 'killed' the game and made the great majority of DarkFall players leave. Also the fact that you have to AFK macro to reach the "viable" point faster and play for 15 hours a day, 7 days a week.

LOL BS.

That is such an exaggeration . .. nobody plays for 15hrs a day, 7 days a week. If they did, they would become viable in 1 month and pass up most of the server in 2. Without the use of macroing.

I have always played 2-3 hours at a time only a few times a week and it has never held me back. If you are falling behind, just group up with some friends and you will be fine.

Yes, the population is fine. It will boom after tomorrows expansion and then again after DF2010s expansion and then again when they box the game for US shelves and put it on steam which is happening after DF2010 is working well.

This

DFO is fine for now, simply because its the best ffa pvp game out right now imo. Whether it will stay this way once it has some competition is another story. 

I think the population could use abit of a boost (the xpacks should do this) but I don't sub to DFO to watch players running around everywhere. I want meeting another player to have meaning, no other MMO offers this currently except for DFO. If the population went up too high (5-10k+ approx.) I can honestly say I'd likely quit. More players = more douchbags = more lag. No thanks lol

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Like I have posted before what I have the most trouble understanding in some of these posts from people whoo dont play anymore or dont like the game is what are they playing instead.

I just can not imagine leaving DF to play say WoW for example, that just blows my mind.

I can only speak for myself, but unfortunately I am not playing anything at the moment. Darkfall is the only MMO that I have really enjoyed over the past couple years. I just can't get into any of the other ones.

Unfortunately I just don't have the patience to make it through Darkfall's grind. I then tried EVE online again, but I find that game to be very boring in many ways. So, for now I am again just waiting for another MMO that I will really enjoy and am playing games like Starcraft 2 and Civ 5 in the meantime. Darkfall was very very close to my perfect game. Had it not been for the massive grind and various other tedious aspects, I would probably play it for years...

what was the last MMO you liked and when in its lifecyle did you join? maybe MMO's are not for you in general?

Let's see... I first played UO from beta and then religiously for 4 years after that. I then played AC/EQ/SB all for several months, but did not stick with any of them long term. I played SWG for about 6 months and L2 for about 6 months. I played WoW for about 4 years, but got tired of the repetitive nature of raiding and the lack of PvP with consequences. I played AOC for about 6 months, but found the PvP elements such as sieging to be extremely buggy and badly implemented. I tried WAR and Aion both for about a month each, but again could not stick with them. Also played EVE for about 3 months, but I started to feel like I was watching a pretty space screen-saver due to all of the travel time involved. I have also briefly tried just about every other major MMO offering that has come out over ther years trying to find one I enjoyed as much as UO. None compared.

Then I got into Darkfall... which I enjoyed more than any other MMO in recent years. It reminded me of UO in many ways. Unfortunately it is unplayable to me due to several glaring design flaws which are obvious to most people, but apparently not to some of its most rabid supporters. I am no stranger to MMOs and Darkfall would probably be my game for the long haul if it were possible for me to succeed without losing my job.

Let's see... I first played UO from beta and then religiously for 4 years after that. I then played AC/EQ/SB all for several months, but did not stick with any of them long term. I played SWG for about 6 months and L2 for about 6 months. I played WoW for about 4 years, but got tired of the repetitive nature of raiding and the lack of PvP with consequences. I played AOC for about 6 months, but found the PvP elements such as sieging to be extremely buggy and badly implemented. I tried WAR and Aion both for about a month each, but again could not stick with them. Also played EVE for about 3 months, but I started to feel like I was watching a pretty space screen-saver due to all of the travel time involved. I have also briefly tried just about every other major MMO offering that has come out over ther years trying to find one I enjoyed as much as UO. None compared.

Then I got into Darkfall... which I enjoyed more than any other MMO in recent years. It reminded me of UO in many ways. Unfortunately it is unplayable to me due to several glaring design flaws which are obvious to most people, but apparently not to some of its most rabid supporters. I am no stranger to MMOs and Darkfall would probably be my game for the long haul if it were possible for me to succeed without losing my job.

you have played more MMO's than I have. My experience with DF was instantious the day I started and has been maintain now for 2 years. I have taken a few breaks but that was just to try different things in life not becuase I had a problem with not liking the game.

i dont know, I just find it intresting how some people dont like it where as for me the game experience is considerably better than anything I have ever played. second best for me in MMO world is Fallen Earth but its combat is really not intresting and far to depressing world graphics for me to deal with every single day.  I played EQ2 for about a year total but to be completely frank I never really liked the game and was embarassed that I was not aware of better options at the time.

• rwittmaackrwittmaack Member Posts: 79

Originally posted by F3rrets

so currently how is the population of dark fall

from lets say january 2010 are there more people now or less ?

a lot less, we had around 4000 actives around january 2010, now we're down to barely 1000 at EU-1.

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Blindchance

Originally posted by MaGicBush

That said, it is possible within 2-3  month's to be competitive only if you use macros or AFK skill gains. It's really not hard to look back to when DF had close to 180k subs at launch, and then it dropped down to current numbers within a year. Just looking at past threads of reasons people left gives a good hint..

I mean I play about roughly 3-4 hours a day, and a bit more on days off. I still am not competitive after 4 month's of play unless I am in a group(even then all I can freaking do is heal others, and if someone targets me I die within about 6 hits or so). I have worked on all things, including grinding for hours on rigor(most boring time in DF and it actually made me unsub for a few month's). I currently still do not have the GA mastery, nor do I have very good spells(GM is around 25). The only thing I am good at is crafting(100 tailor, 60 weaponsmith/armor), and archery(have all masteries for this to at least 80). 

DF never had 180 k subs. I would be surprised if it ever sold 30 k of copies.

Your game experience is really similar to mine and many others I know who left. Despite fact that DF pvp is really fun at times, the whole game just doesn't offer enough fun and offers way to much chore. As I said before AV still lives in year 2007, player expectations have changed since then, grind doesn't classify as game content anymore.

That's why I look forward to Guild Wars 2, ArenaNet seems to understand the meaning of fun and quality.

I will leave FPS combat for FPS games, at least I don't need to spend hours gathering materials for one set of medicore gear.

Time was the worst enemy of the game, I am currently playing runescape and although perhaps it is not a good comparison point, one of the things I like of the game is the fact I can log out and going to sleep in peace, in Darkfall you always think that everytime you are not progressing you are less than someone else who is macroing or playing while you sleep and that that guy will kick your ass tomorrow because you are some hours late from him. It is really a terrible sensation.

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by busdriver

Originally posted by patshir

Time was the worst enemy of the game, I am currently playing runescape and although perhaps it is not a good comparison point, one of the things I like of the game is the fact I can log out and going to sleep in peace, in Darkfall you always think that everytime you are not progressing you are less than someone else who is macroing or playing while you sleep and that that guy will kick your ass tomorrow because you are some hours late from him. It is really a terrible sensation.

Are you a goddamn moron? 

You call moron someone you don't know irrespecting him? That is the reason why your game is doomed because most of the players finish like you abusing others and humilliating them only because they can. You call me moron, ok, only intelligent people can interprete this from my original post:

although perhaps it is not a good comparison point

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Are you a goddamn moron? 

You call moron someone you don't know irrespecting him? That is the reason why your game is doomed because most of the players finish like you abusing others and humilliating them only because they can. You call me moron, ok, only intelligent people can interprete this from my original post:

You used RS as an example of a game that, while suffers from the same shit only ten times worse, is better because of that very reason. No shit it isn't a good comparison. So why use it then? The only conclusion I could come up with is that you are a goddamn moron.

Btw, last time I actually played Darkfall was in beta.

Refrain from flaming or you will get banned.

RS and Darkfall are a perfect comparason if you leave the browser vs fps game play out of your mind. Both games are skill base with no limit to raise everything. Both games got open world pvp with full loot, but in RS, not all server got that open world pvp.

Anyway, RS quests compared to DF are perfectly done and give you a since of achievement everydays. All i do in DF me, grinding the same mob over and over again just to raise my Greatsword. Its so boring. Doing quests in DF is pointless since you can simply join a guild and get more that way.

In RS, even if you can max everything, you cannot play all play style. Why? Because limited inventory make it so you can hardly be an hybrid of everything during combat. The more combat skill you got, the harder it will be to raise other combat skill making it hard to be good at everything. Because of that, players to be pkers faster have to focus down one play style like Pure STR for example.

RS on paper is simply better. IT does not mean that i like RS, but they simploy had better idea's since their 1st day of release.

DF after is latest expansion is still wrong since they once again, promote exploitation to raise stats and buff faster. They learned nothing and didnt listen at all.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Darkfall isn't for everyone. People that are here hating on it and the people that are here defending it have different views(for the most part) on what they want from the game. Darkfall is not, never has claimed to be, or inspires to be like so many of the other MMO's on the market. I applaud them for that. I played for almost a year and many of the flaws that are stated i.e, the UI, alignment, lack of content...all of that is true somewhat..from MY perspective. It absolutely is fine for some.

No matter what they implement as far as content goes, it will still be a FFA PvP loot game. Imagine if you will WoW or someother non sandbox game like this..it would destroy the game. One of the biggest points of contention for years in EVE was suicide ganking b/c a majority of the player base wanted to participate in "content" in safety in a FFAPvP game.

What happened? Players used game mechanics to overcome these obstacles. Tears were shed everywhere. At the end of the day, be careful what you ask for in "content" in a FFAPvP game because players will override what that is. DF makes no bones about it. Clan vs Clan territorial claims...that's it.

I would also like to see things change in DF as I would resub. I personally would like to see the game slowed down...all the jump casting, hopping around like meth head rabbits, shooting bows underwater, etc makes it cartoonish to me. The UI could use some tweaks, and a few other things. However, like Anusbian, I have yet to find a game that could hold my attention like DF. It is exceptional, but flawed.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Are you a goddamn moron? 

You used RS as an example of a game that, while suffers from the same shit only ten times worse, is better because of that very reason. No shit it isn't a good comparison. So why use it then? The only conclusion I could come up with is that you are a goddamn moron.

RS and Darkfall are a perfect comparason if you leave the browser vs fps game play out of your mind. Both games are skill base with no limit to raise everything. Both games got open world pvp with full loot, but in RS, not all server got that open world pvp.

Anyway, RS quests compared to DF are perfectly done and give you a since of achievement everydays. All i do in DF me, grinding the same mob over and over again just to raise my Greatsword. Its so boring. Doing quests in DF is pointless since you can simply join a guild and get more that way. Then don't kill the same mob? Problem solved. And you shouldn't JUST do quests for the reward, you should do them for the challenge, the story, and the sight seeing. 

In RS, even if you can max everything, you cannot play all play style. You can't in Darkfall either Why? Because limited inventory make it so you can hardly be an hybrid of everything during combat. And with the way armor works in Darkfall, limited inventory, and the specialization system, you can't in Darkfall either The more combat skill you got, the harder it will be to raise other combat skill making it hard to be good at everything. This just makes it so that the hardcore players will grind to get everything while casuals have no hope Because of that, players to be pkers faster have to focus down one play style like Pure STR for example.

RS on paper is simply better. IT does not mean that i like RS, but they simploy had better idea's since their 1st day of release.

DF after is latest expansion is still wrong since they once again, promote exploitation to raise stats and buff faster. They learned nothing and didnt listen at all. Er.. right, thats absolutely the opposite of what this expansion "promoted". 

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by CactusJack

Darkfall isn't for everyone. People that are here hating on it and the people that are here defending it have different views(for the most part) on what they want from the game. Darkfall is not, never has claimed to be, or inspires to be like so many of the other MMO's on the market. I applaud them for that. I played for almost a year and many of the flaws that are stated i.e, the UI, alignment, lack of content...all of that is true somewhat..from MY perspective. It absolutely is fine for some.

DarkFall isn't for everyone, true. But the Sandbox FFA PvP MMORPG with Full Loot crowd isn't as small as most people would like to believe. DarkFall was great at launch because it appealed (or at least appeared to) that exact crowd, with all the features and informations that had been released on the website and during interviews.

At launch, players could PvP from Day 1, overcome odds with numbers, had large scale battles with 100v100  (including the lag). But since The Mercs discovered Macro and up to now, DarkFall is more of a "PvP in 6 months, overcome odds by maxing all skills, large scale battles with 20/30 vs 20/30 (including the lag)" ..... It has gone downhill since macros became popular, and AV never did anything about it, which made the very niche DarkFall appealed to, leave the game. Now, DarkFall is a Niche within a Niche.

Now we get Fun Hulks and Fun Flags!

But why does it matter what they play? Just so you can turn around and say "See? DarkFall wasn't for you! You are playing "x" MMO" ? What people play after leaving DarkFall doesn't matter.

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

Originally posted by Realbigdeal

Are you a goddamn moron? 

Couldn't care less.

The comparison was about grind and macroes, nothing else.

Anyway, RS quests compared to DF are perfectly done and give you a since of achievement everydays. All i do in DF me, grinding the same mob over and over again just to raise my Greatsword. Its so boring. Doing quests in DF is pointless since you can simply join a guild and get more that way.

Yes, one of the main reasons I refuse to play DF is the lack of story behind... everything.

In RS, even if you can max everything, you cannot play all play style. Why? Because limited inventory make it so you can hardly be an hybrid of everything during combat. The more combat skill you got, the harder it will be to raise other combat skill making it hard to be good at everything. Because of that, players to be pkers faster have to focus down one play style like Pure STR for example.

I haven't touched that game since old days classic version, but my nephew still plays it and unless it has changed since the last time I watched him play, that's bullshit. You can max everything and all high-level pkers change between ranged-melee-magic. 

Nothing beats Darkfall on paper, at least not the Darkfall they were making pre-beta. Reality is something else of course.

RS was good back in the day, but what I've gathered, it has gone downhill from day 1 and now it's a game for kids.

I can't believe I actually wasted my time talking about RS...

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by CactusJack

DarkFall isn't for everyone, true. But the Sandbox FFA PvP MMORPG with Full Loot crowd isn't as small as most people would like to believe. DarkFall was great at launch because it appealed (or at least appeared to) that exact crowd, with all the features and informations that had been released on the website and during interviews.

At launch, players could PvP from Day 1, overcome odds with numbers, had large scale battles with 100v100  (including the lag). But since The Mercs discovered Macro and up to now, DarkFall is more of a "PvP in 6 months, overcome odds by maxing all skills, large scale battles with 20/30 vs 20/30 (including the lag)" ..... It has gone downhill since macros became popular, and AV never did anything about it, which made the very niche DarkFall appealed to, leave the game. Now, DarkFall is a Niche within a Niche.

Now we get Fun Hulks and Fun Flags!

what's funny about that..is that is "content". Patch notes state that players can design their own courses now, blah blah. I am neither condoning nor condeming what AV is doing with this...but it is "content " whether we like it or not. It is really just a feature that AV is introducing to allow PLAYERS to provide content.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

But why does it matter what they play? Just so you can turn around and say "See? DarkFall wasn't for you! You are playing "x" MMO" ? What people play after leaving DarkFall doesn't matter.

I dont agree. its like coming on to a pac man website and telling the players the game sucks and not suggesting that they try something specific so that they can understand that the entire gaming universe is not in 2d.

I love my experience in DF but I will say if there is a better game that can make my experience better i will drop DF fast and I would LOVE to know what game out there might make all my views of DF invalid. Besides, trust me when I say if you offer an example its greatly strengthens your point as well as being helpful to us who clearly dont know better.

in short, let us pac man lovers know what is out there, we clearly dont know/

I dont agree. its like coming on to a pac man website and telling the players the game sucks and not suggesting that they try something specific so that they can understand that the entire gaming universe is not in 2d.

I love my experience in DF but I will say if there is a better game that can make my experience better i will drop DF fast and I would LOVE to know what game out there might make all my views of DF invalid. Besides, trust me when I say if you offer an example its greatly strengthens your point as well as being helpful to us who clearly dont know better.

Because everyone likes the same things you do right? That's why I said it's pointless to ask what others play. Just like some DarkFall players also play M&B Warband, SC2 or BFBC2. Sure they are not MMOs, but the point remains, not everyone plays the same game, so it's pointless to tell you what other games ex-DarkFall players plays.

Because everyone likes the same things you do right? That's why I said it's pointless to ask what others play. Just like some DarkFall players also play M&B Warband, SC2 or BFBC2. Sure they are not MMOs, but the point remains, not everyone plays the same game, so it's pointless to tell you what other games ex-DarkFall players plays.

I stand by what I said and why I said it.

if you come to a site to complain about a game and then offer no example of a game that migth be better for the reasons you gave so that others can try it out and understand your point better then you only greatly hurt your creditablity.

its like saying 'gravity is terrible' without pointing out where I can go to not experience gravity.

• jimmyman99jimmyman99 Member UncommonPosts: 3,221

I stand by what I said and why I said it.

if you come to a site to complain about a game and then offer no example of a game that migth be better for the reasons you gave so that others can try it out and understand your point better then you only greatly hurt your creditablity.

its like saying 'gravity is terrible' without pointing out where I can go to not experience gravity.

Your example with pacman is inaccurate. A better example would be if someone would come to play Packman2 AND they used to play Packman1 a lot. Then they could righfully complain "Packman2 blows ass" if they did not like it for some reason.

People playing MMO expect certain things MMOs should have. When they do not like those things, they rightfully complain. Noone here complained that DF does not have soccer tournaments, have they? That wouldn't make much sense in an MMO environment. Unless it was soccer-online MMO of course.

I am the type of player where I like to do everything and anything from time to time.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor - pre-WW2 genocide.
    imageimage