Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Expansion "HellFreeze" goes live !!!

2»

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

That was some serious expansion notes : )

Cant wait for servers to come back up!

• rwittmaackrwittmaack Member Posts: 79

I'm sorry, but the content of the expac is a joke. They worked their asses off for nothing because the effort totally went into the wrong direction. The expac is expectedly disappointing.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

must admit its less in that what i thought. There must be a additionally patch will come at a later point with the environmental sound changes at least.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

Originally posted by NyQuil81

Let me preface this post with a very blatant disclaimer: I know that the condition about to be set forth in this post is completely rediculous for many reasons, and it will never happen.

Now, with that aside, the ONLY thing that would ever entice me to play Darkfall, is if they did a hardwipe of the playerbase.  I can't get into a PVP focused game where I will never be able to compete at the level of the veterans.  They've had too much time to build up their characters with broken game mechanics. (i.e. stamina swimming, etc.)  Since the point of the game is to compete against other players, it has to be as fair and balanced as possible, or the newer players will ALWAYS be underdogs, and any accomplishments they may have will be rare and extremely lucky.  I can't start a game where I am already at such a disadvantage.

If everyone were starting fresh, I would probably jump right in.  But as I said in the disclaimer, this is not a reasonable solution for the players who have invested so much time and money into the game already.  A wipe would solely benefit new players while actually hurting their loyal base, and I would NOT condone such a thing.  So unfortunately, I will most likely never give the game a chance.  Just wanted to say why AV will not be getting THIS new subscriber, no matter what they may implement.  There may be others like me as well who are also turned off by starting a game at such a major disadvantage.

Theyve already fixed that for the most part. HP is now given in diminishing returns (can get to 400 in less than 2 months without macroing!!) and the grind reduced by 6 times if you are hitting mobs (they have said to reduce the buff grind soon since you cant cast them on mobs). No need for a hard wipe anymore. My year+ old character has been beaten by good players who are only a month or two into the game. Check how the game is going now. You seem behind in whats going on. The only thing that players a year ahead of you now is damage gained from stats which is only +1 for every 10 so that is not much of a difference. The biggest difference now is how large your group is and how well you work together.

YOU CAN NOT GET 400 HP IN 2 MONTHS.

Stop lying to people and if a 1 month old character has beat your 1 year + character then either you were afk at a bindstone or you completely suck.

• GadzyGadzy Member Posts: 143

Stop lieing to people and if a 1 month old character has beat your 1 year + character then either you were afk at a bindstone or you completely suck.

Yes you can. Stop lying. Lying. Not lieiieieieng. 

Originally posted by Gadzy

Stop lieing to people and if a 1 month old character has beat your 1 year + character then either you were afk at a bindstone or you completely suck.

You can not get to the minimum of 70 Strength and Vitality needed to reach 400 health in 2 months. Even if you were to play 16 hours a day and macro the other 7 hours the server is up.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Still not sure I'll resub cause I'm worried I'll be back to a grind obsession, but these changes sound awesome.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

You won't especially now since more people will be joining and be around your level. Join a casual clan and you are good to go. PM me and I can help you.

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

I don't really mind grinding in a game if the game is fun enough that it doesn't feel like grinding. I put 120+ hours into Fallout 3 because it was just plain fun roaming around the wasteland. I haven't had any fun exploring in any MMO I have ever played. Mostly because there's a lack of things to do or find that isn't just killing the same mobs over and over again. Darkfall, had the same problem to me, but in my opinion this is a great step forward. It'd be really great though if AV would get off the fixiation of making all sorts rare items mob drops, but whatever.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

Originally posted by mrcalhou

I don't really mind grinding in a game if the game is fun enough that it doesn't feel like grinding. I put 120+ hours into Fallout 3 because it was just plain fun roaming around the wasteland. I haven't had any fun exploring in any MMO I have ever played. Mostly because there's a lack of things to do or find that isn't just killing the same mobs over and over again. Darkfall, had the same problem to me, but in my opinion this is a great step forward. It'd be really great though if AV would get off the fixiation of making all sorts rare items mob drops, but whatever.

Darkfall has to be the best game to explore in I have ever played. There really is something new over every hill.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

im gonna buy this game when this patch/exp is out and running. then im gonna team up with a clan and explore this game. ive tried a trial week and had alot fun- but i couldnt get past some things that this patch seems to have fixed. 

see guys! a positive post. here. at mmorpg .com :p

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by Arquiteto

Originally posted by Gadzy

You can not get to the minimum of 70 Strength and Vitality needed to reach 400 health in 2 months. Even if you were to play 16 hours a day and macro the other 7 hours the server is up.

agreed. been playing on and off since release and I have 380.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• busdriverbusdriver Member Posts: 859

I think the real expansion is the one called DF2010, which according to it's name should come out in 2010, but since it's AV we are talking about here, more realistic year would be 2015.

Anyway, this one was supposed to be just a patch that grew over time, so now they call it an expansion.

Darkfall has to be the best game to explore in I have ever played. There really is something new over every hill.

I never got that feeling while playing Darkfall. There never seemed to be much to interact with other than mobs. In single player games you have all sorts of things in the world to interact with and look for. MMOs in general seem to be lacking this big time. Darkfall seems to be implementing things to work on it, though and I hope they will start to push it more and more.

--------

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

Let me preface this post with a very blatant disclaimer: I know that the condition about to be set forth in this post is completely rediculous for many reasons, and it will never happen.

Now, with that aside, the ONLY thing that would ever entice me to play Darkfall, is if they did a hardwipe of the playerbase.  I can't get into a PVP focused game where I will never be able to compete at the level of the veterans.  They've had too much time to build up their characters with broken game mechanics. (i.e. stamina swimming, etc.)  Since the point of the game is to compete against other players, it has to be as fair and balanced as possible, or the newer players will ALWAYS be underdogs, and any accomplishments they may have will be rare and extremely lucky.  I can't start a game where I am already at such a disadvantage.

If everyone were starting fresh, I would probably jump right in.  But as I said in the disclaimer, this is not a reasonable solution for the players who have invested so much time and money into the game already.  A wipe would solely benefit new players while actually hurting their loyal base, and I would NOT condone such a thing.  So unfortunately, I will most likely never give the game a chance.  Just wanted to say why AV will not be getting THIS new subscriber, no matter what they may implement.  There may be others like me as well who are also turned off by starting a game at such a major disadvantage.

Theyve already fixed that for the most part. HP is now given in diminishing returns (can get to 400 in less than 2 months without macroing!!) and the grind reduced by 6 times if you are hitting mobs (they have said to reduce the buff grind soon since you cant cast them on mobs). No need for a hard wipe anymore. My year+ old character has been beaten by good players who are only a month or two into the game. Check how the game is going now. You seem behind in whats going on. The only thing that players a year ahead of you now is damage gained from stats which is only +1 for every 10 so that is not much of a difference. The biggest difference now is how large your group is and how well you work together.

Stop lying to people and if a 1 month old character has beat your 1 year + character then either you were afk at a bindstone or you completely suck.

A 2 month old character can easily get ~350 HP

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

Originally posted by Lumanil

Read the patchnotes and enjoy.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4545497#post4545497

It has some much appreciated changes and will hopefully bring back lots of people, who quit the game.

No one is returning after reading the patch notes, believe me. This patch only will make people being happy they left the game in time to enjoy another one.

Originally posted by rwittmaack

I'm sorry, but the content of the expac is a joke. They worked their asses off for nothing because the effort totally went into the wrong direction. The expac is expectedly disappointing.

It is the same I think one example of this is the adding of those ridiculous fun ships and find the flag mini games, who cares about that in a lawless world where everyone is in war with everyone for no reason.

Originally posted by xpiher

A 2 month old character can easily get ~350 HP

Yeah but after that will have to work one more year to get to 400

• PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293

One of the things that always drove me nuts about DF was the fact you couldnt bloody fight the damn mobs. I was an alfar, and there was a dungeon to the NE that had goblins and iron dwarves in it, there was also a dungeon west of niasha.

Neither of these dungeons were "fightable" even with a group. Fighting in the dungeon consisted of spaming tons and tons of spells at the mob till you ran out of mana or took to much damage, and then you ran back to the entrance and it deaggroed. "Tanking" wasnt an option as they simply just beat the bloody hell out of you and healing...well it never did enough.

Not to mention just getting your ass kicked, but the mobs all act like crack heads on a bender. They attack you, then run in circles, attack, run away, run circles, then come back and hit you again. Its the strangest thing, but they call it "AI" I call it a trainwreck.

You pretty much had to macro to compete or those that do will leave you in the dust.

Affording regs is a cast iron bitch...unless you have an alternate account that uses the cheat program to easily farm mobs.

I dont see any of those issues solved in this patch.

Some nice picks from a cheaters perspective of the kraken, while standing at the bototm of the sea, shortly before using the program to solo kill it.

imageimageimage

• KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

[quote]Originally posted by Arquiteto

You can not, but I know people who's been able to get...

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Originally posted by Pyrostasis

One of the things that always drove me nuts about DF was the fact you couldnt bloody fight the damn mobs. I was an alfar, and there was a dungeon to the NE that had goblins and iron dwarves in it, there was also a dungeon west of niasha.

Neither of these dungeons were "fightable" even with a group. Fighting in the dungeon consisted of spaming tons and tons of spells at the mob till you ran out of mana or took to much damage, and then you ran back to the entrance and it deaggroed. "Tanking" wasnt an option as they simply just beat the bloody hell out of you and healing...well it never did enough.

Not to mention just getting your ass kicked, but the mobs all act like crack heads on a bender. They attack you, then run in circles, attack, run away, run circles, then come back and hit you again. Its the strangest thing, but they call it "AI" I call it a trainwreck.

You pretty much had to macro to compete or those that do will leave you in the dust.

Affording regs is a cast iron bitch...unless you have an alternate account that uses the cheat program to easily farm mobs.

Some nice picks from a cheaters perspective of the kraken, while standing at the bototm of the sea, shortly before using the program to solo kill it.

imageimageimage

No, you need to use strategy.  you can always tanknspank.  You can kite.  You can ange them down.

Mobs are much smarter than other gmaes but entirely doable.  Some spawns solo, others with a group.  it isn't easy mode tab, click, fall asleep, wake-up mob is dead.

I have a real problem right now tyring to PvE with guys who think thye will get healed fighting  tough mobs and dancing like thier are a fat drunk guy on crack.  In the tougher spawns you need to work as a team on several levels.  It is a hell of a lot of fun.

Originally posted by BuniontToes

imageimageimage

No, you need to use strategy.  you can always tanknspank.  You can kite.  You can ange them down.

Mobs are much smarter than other gmaes but entirely doable.  Some spawns solo, others with a group.  it isn't easy mode tab, click, fall asleep, wake-up mob is dead.

I have a real problem right now tyring to PvE with guys who think thye will get healed fighting  tough mobs and dancing like thier are a fat drunk guy on crack.  In the tougher spawns you need to work as a team on several levels.  It is a hell of a lot of fun.

agreed!

some seem to say DF AV is bad meaning 'the AI will not stand still while I hit them like in other mmo's'.

I fell in love with DF the first time I saw my birth city and it was a sealed deal once I started combat with goblins.

The reasons some people have a problem with the pve is the reason I like the pve. They move! and sometimes players can blend in.

Originally posted by SEANMCAD

Originally posted by BuniontToes

imageimageimage

agreed!

some seem to say DF AV is bad meaning 'the AI will not stand still while I hit them like in other mmo's'.

I fell in love with DF the first time I saw my birth city and it was a sealed deal once I started combat with goblins.

The reasons some people have a problem with the pve is the reason I like the pve. They move! and sometimes players can blend in.

Yeah, I actually liked that too. Compared to other MMOs I found the combat to be pretty fun. I just got so annoyed fighting those little bird-ninja things because they didn't seem to have any momentum. They could turn on a dime and shoot spells out their ass even while I was hiding in a bush and couldn't seem them (I'll just shurg and chalk that last bit to them having infrared vision or something though).

--------

Yeah, I actually liked that too. Compared to other MMOs I found the combat to be pretty fun. I just got so annoyed fighting those little bird-ninja things because they didn't seem to have any momentum. They could turn on a dime and shoot spells out their ass even while I was hiding in a bush and couldn't seem them (I'll just shurg and chalk that last bit to them having infrared vision or something though).

I think you might be referring to akathar and/or winlords.

what changed my game by leaps and bounds was to pull out my melee weapon (i perfer magic and archery). It was like my own personal uber god mod ballance patch.

I actually dont like the fact that i can use my melee weapon and knock out any of my upper end regular mobs in about seconds compared to what it took me using other methods but at this time it is what it is and in fairness it might be becuase of my near 200 ping atm.

anyway I can now do akthar and winlords pretty much while I eat dinner at the same time.

Yeah I think it was Akathar. I know their name started with an A and I was based in Yssam or something? The island in the northeast. But that was all back in Janurary. I never really got anywhere in the game though, so I'm just going to download the trial, give that a go with the newbie dungeons and try to talk my friends into playing (since I think I'll enjoy the game a lot more if I was playing with people I know in real life).

But my ping wasn't that bad at all. I remember playing on the EU server when it first came out and getting 200-300 ping by my cousin's house, but on the NA server in Janurary I was hitting way less than that. I didn't notice any lag. Just what I thought of as wonky physics.

--------