Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First 3D Animated Object

2»

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Niceimage

Keep it up!

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by dekron
    Hey rath, how much was 3d Max?

$650 dollars, or cheaper if you have a student discount of some sort.

I got mine from my cousins workplace.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Good job learning how to make a chair from the tutorial, but I have located 4+ problems why that can't be called a real chair. image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Originally posted by Zimok
    Originally posted by Vampyr
    wow ur putting words in ur mouth, he never said he deisgned it. eh never said he made it all from scratch. and Acting is done through body gestures, and dialialogue u cant "act" online, its just you have an overactive imagination.

AHAHAHAHA. I'm not putting words in my mouth. You can act with words(Acting - To play the part of; assume the dramatic role of). He said "I started with a sphere and went from there" which means "I made it from scratch".

Also, learn how to spell. Thanks.

Can you say "Anal"?

Can you also say "No one likes an anal-retentive poster"?

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by sidebuster

Last i knew it costs $3,300.00 US for a single license.

thats really cheap for high end software. i say this because my dad for a time set up solomon V!, and V accounting systems which costs like 120k for the software alone, and then setup is like 80 grand.

my dad also has a liscense for allt he windows stuff that isnt in normal windows and office, like windows server, and all that. that shit is more expensive and less practical.

seriously people for anything high end like servers or accounting dont pay millions on software get linux, and hire your own linux wizard to set everything up.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X
    Good job learning how to make a chair from the tutorial, but I have located 4+ problems why that can't be called a real chair. image

I took a harder thought on this chair and came to the conclusion that the design of the chair sucks (not saying it's a bad 3D object, but it's not the kind of design that can be made "realistic" if you know what I mean). What that design is, is a hard metal chair that got it's 4 legs replaced with the plastic stick and rollers.

If a chair like that was manufactured, I bet you it would be very unpopular as well as uncomfortable. It has a unchangeable back support (the bars should be bent outward and kind of curved) well cause pain and because the 4 rollers are made for you to LEAN BACK, LEAN BACK, LEAN BACK, LEAN BACK, you might fall over trying to lean back in a chair like that.

|

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

Originally posted by Zimok
    HEY DUDE!! NICE JOB COPYING THE TUTORIAL AND ACTING LIKE YOU MADE IT FROM SCRATCH!!! GOOD JOB MAN YOUR COOOL!It's not hard to make something when there is a step by step tutorial...
    http://www.3dtotal.com/team/tutorials/hugechair/chair1_01.aspNext time, give the real creator some credit.

hey retard you just made yourself look like an idiot he said he used a tut and gave hte link so stfu.

Bobbler, the author's (rathma) topic post was edited saying that he did use a tutorial over 3 hours after Zimok has mentioned that and shown the link. So Zimok is not the retard here (nor rathma is...if that is what some of you are thinking). image Zim did discover that it was a tutorial though.

*edit*

Now simmer down everyone. image

image preview

Pick up one of these at the pharmacy.... image

|

• ZimokZimok Member Posts: 266

Good chair.

---------------------------------
    Zimok - PS - Emerald
    Zimok - SWG - Bloodfin

• KatheryneKatheryne Member Posts: 130

Originally posted by rathma

$650 dollars, or cheaper if you have a student discount of some sort.

I got mine from my cousins workplace.

For what it's worth, you can pick up Maya's Personal Learning Edition free here: http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/maya/maya_ple/index.shtml