Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DCUO delayed official announcement

2»

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Ramadar

Originally posted by Daffid011

I don't see a release date of January anywhere in that press release.  It says early 2011, but it doesn't say when.  There have been rumors of revised release dates from various gamestop stores that have said anywhere between January and March, but nothing concrete. 

Take a look at the promotional combat video soe just released and decide if the game was ready to ship or not.  Then read the comments left by others.

http://www.massively.com/2010/10/05/new-dc-universe-video-shows-beta-combat-footage/#continued

This video looks no different then any other MMO game that I've seen or played, and considering their using the same stock sounds and mechanics as CoH/V an CO for that there is no reason for a clone game to have a delay. no matter how much Turtle Wax they use on their nut sacks for people it's as ready as any.   SOE get the beta's going so it can have a 2010 release.

Hmm, i'm not sure how i missed that video, i guess i didn't read the thread through when i replied.

I have to admit that i'm somehwat put off by that, it is very reminiscent of CoH/V but with animations added in from other games that i've hated (edit to clarify - animations that i've hated, not the games themselves). The melee animations on what looks to be normal attacks remind me very much of F2P games like Archlord... left to right whack, whack, whack, i'm not sure how to describe it but it's very unrealistic looking. Yes its a comic book MMO but there's unrealistic and unrealistic.

It looks like they have a tonne of work to do on the animations and i'm finding myself thinking back to WAR and its bad animations during beta and early release, many of which are still there today (although they did mostly fix the torso twisting exorcist style image).

I've been very upbeat about the game until watching that. I still have my fingers crossed in the hope that it was early beta footage and that it was shot in low res etc but we'll see soon enough as we'll al be getting in very soon apparently, those that have been signed up for a while followed by pre-orders anyway.

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Wow...

The attacks don't even connect (43 seconds). And your guy is constantly shuffling his feet forward.

Looks like it's ready to go tbh.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

Some additional videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1_MS4JCfsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2Fi2HJZ_Bo

These are a little older,  and although the combat still has that quick attack style and... somewhat terrible sound effects,  it actually looks quite a bit better then the newest video they released.  

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by Ramadar

Originally posted by Daffid011

I don't see a release date of January anywhere in that press release.  It says early 2011, but it doesn't say when.  There have been rumors of revised release dates from various gamestop stores that have said anywhere between January and March, but nothing concrete. 

Take a look at the promotional combat video soe just released and decide if the game was ready to ship or not.  Then read the comments left by others.

http://www.massively.com/2010/10/05/new-dc-universe-video-shows-beta-combat-footage/#continued

This video looks no different then any other MMO game that I've seen or played, and considering their using the same stock sounds and mechanics as CoH/V an CO for that there is no reason for a clone game to have a delay. no matter how much Turtle Wax they use on their nut sacks for people it's as ready as any.   SOE get the beta's going so it can have a 2010 release.

This specific video is made up of 2-3 second clips of combat moves.  Usually from a distance and a great deal of the screen or focus item is covered up by particle effects.  None of the promo is shown from the perspective of what a player would see while playing the game.

I think the video is intended to feel like any other mmo, but I am not sure that is the impression I came away with.