Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why isnt World of Darkness in the Game list?

TimmeyhTimmeyh Member Posts: 166

we got some pictures of alot of post-its of information about the game, pluss some "concept art" pictures and we even got some info at The Grand Masquerade. The game has also been confirmed. I think its time World of Darkness got its own place on the Game List here at mmorpg.com

what do u guys think?

Comments

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

since it's less than a week since its have been announced, that must answer why, i would reprase the question. And just ask for it to be in the game list.

• emileecousemileecous Member Posts: 5

If it's not in the game list, it could be because it's just a new game or it's not good enough to be on the list.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by emileecous

If it's not in the game list, it could be because it's just a new game or it's not good enough to be on the list.

Have you seen the list?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

http://www.massively.com/category/world-of-darkness/

massively has been covering WoD very good and has almost all the info thats been released on it...

i suggest reading this also...

http://jachilli.squarespace.com/journal/2010/9/27/after-the-grand-masquerade.html

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I think they have a rule that in order to list a game there must be attainable information available for it. As well as screenshots and an Idea of how the game will be designed (a description). I don't think any of this has been made public for WOD by CCP.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

Originally posted by GTwander

Have you seen the list?

hehe thats says it all.

as far as i know there's stuff that has to be sent in before it gets on list like pics ect ect.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Have you seen the list?

I really hate to derail the thread and i'll put it back on topic but that line plus what i know about the list in question, plus that picture, actually made me laugh out loud (no i'm not going to use lol). That was very funny to me.

Anyway back on topic.

Most MMos take time to get onto that list. UWO (aka Uncharted waters online, i'm sure you've seen the ads) got put on recently and it had a beta before it got put on. My suggestion: if you really wanna see it. Send a post to a rep of that list and ask them to put it on, nicely of course. dang demands never seem to get anywhere with those type of people :P

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Originally posted by Malickie

I think they have a rule that in order to list a game there must be attainable information available for it. As well as screenshots and an Idea of how the game will be designed (a description). I don't think any of this has been made public for WOD by CCP.

ya all this has been given or discussed, and two video's have been released and one the developer's is very good at talking with people/fans about the mmo and what they would like to see in WoD

lots info here for mmorpg to get started with

http://www.massively.com/category/world-of-darkness/

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

ya all this has been given or discussed, and two video's have been released and one the developer's is very good at talking with people/fans about the mmo and what they would like to see in WoD

I'm sure once there's enough solid information available they'll add it to the list. I don't think a few tech demos, and dev interviews is telling enough to describe a game. All I know about it, as far as game-play goes is they plan for social interaction. Most likely similar to EVE in some regard. I hope this game delivers, I really don't care about anything else. It's been far to long since a good sanbox was released almost a decade now, lol.

Have you seen the list?

Imagining this line, spoken in his voice, makes this pic even funnier.

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

Normally i don't like sandboxes in general (yeah they seem boring to me, can't help it)

But this one is shaping up to be pretty good actually. It's another one on my list. If i can make it that far (too many recent disappointments make staying with MMOs hard) anyhow, if anyone can make a good sanbox it's going to be this company.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

I'm sure once there's enough solid information available they'll add it to the list. I don't think a few tech demos, and dev interviews is telling enough to describe a game. All I know about it, as far as game-play goes is they plan for social interaction. Most likely similar to EVE in some regard. I hope this game delivers, I really don't care about anything else. It's been far to long since a good sanbox was released almost a decade now, lol.

that one dev name justin seems really cool and down to earth and wants to hear from people on what they want in the game or what they think the game should have or do...

so you make sure you post your thoughts on this subject

http://jachilli.squarespace.com/journal/2010/9/27/after-the-grand-masquerade.html

edit: i recommend following his blog/twitter/facebook for the latest info on WoD's developement for now since it's the only place to get it beside massively.com

• SroekSroek Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by jondifool

since it's less than a week since its have been announced, that must answer why, i would reprase the question. And just ask for it to be in the game list.

Actually, it was announced over 2 years ago. It was the trailer that was unveiled less than a week ago.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

They have a set of criteria that should be met before they list a game http://www.mmorpg.com/faq.cfm/showFaq/4

Now I'm unsure how many screenies have already been released, it may also be that ccp have requested the game not be listed until they are ready with more juicy media, then it would be up to the editor if he wanted to go ahead and list anyway or wait. Either way I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Edit:

Reading the requirements it would seem they are missing a few;

• A visual representation of the game

• A transparent .psd of your game's logo

• A textual overview of your game

• A professional website, name of publisher, name of developer, press contact information. 

•  It can also be helpful (but is not required) to provide us with a 1,000 word + developer journal introducing the MMORPG.com readers to your game. Just a general overview of what the game is about and some information about what you feel are the stand-out features of your game.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

^ This.

It isn't like someone from the site is searching for the good titles and adds them there.

What happens is that whichever developer had made a game that requires internet connectivity, wants his game added on the list and is willing to do all the above paperwork, will eventually get listed.

That's why you see titles that make no sense being there while some others are missing.

Makes you wonder why is there even a 1-line input box & a button at the bottom of this page ...

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars – combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

CCP are notoriously tight-lipped. Also cheapskates - they prefer to let data-starved gamers hype them up rather than pay a PR company to do it...

Seriously, even getting information from them about the game that is live (EvE) is like getting blood from a stone. Dust 514 was announced over a year ago and there has been virtually no infomation since that date on that. Expect a similar level of trailing with WoD. Going on past performance, you wont see any substantial information on WoD until it's nearly ready, and you wont hear a release date until it's pretty much done. Resign yourself to speculation, because what you have now is most likely pretty much all you'll have for at least a year.

Remember: CCP dont have to answer to an external publisher, nor to public shareholders. They can do what they like.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

Good point Malcanis, CCP are private still, and also have no publisher handing them cash, this basically means that no monkey in a suit can decide that the game needs to release in x quarter of 2011 when its not ready, and that video blogs every wednesday revealing another aspect of the game instead of actually working on it. CCP also have the advantage of Eve which breaks the trend because it grows instead of losses subs like a vast amount of other MMOs out there, and with that kind of steady cash coming in, CCP don't really need to worry about booting the product out of the door to soon.

As a company they have Eve Online and White Wolf making money for them (CCP owns whitewolf now). Heck they have the ability to develop DUST514 and WoD, meanwhile releasing constant expansions for Eve Online all at the same time, so things must be going well for them.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

I tried to look up World of Darkness in the game forum list... I didn't find any.... what the hell?

I'm sure I've seen some WoD threads pass by the last week, where have they hidden those?!

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."