Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Game With a Diversity of Classes

JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

I have played a ton of MMOs out there and I believe I have honestly played the majority of them, both free to play and pay to play. However, I would like to hear other's opinions on the type of game I am looking for.

Pretty much I am looking for something that has;

-good population

-good pve or pvp, doesn't matter that much, either is fine, both doesn't hurt :)

-a lot of classes to diversify the playerbase, I am looking for a game that has classes that have advanced classes or just a game with more than the basic warrior, mage, healer, scout roles

This does seem pretty basic and straight forward to me so I'm really just looking to see what everyone here thinks.

I was recently playing Legend of Edda and they say they have over 40+ classes but it's only in closed beta so I don't really feel like putting much time into it.

Here's the list of games I have played:

-City of Heroes

-Aion

-World of Warcraft

-Age of Conan

-Final Fantasy XI

-Final Fantasy XIV

-Star Trek Online

-Lineage 2

-Everquest 2

-Lord of the Rings Online

-Asheron's Call 2

-Aika

The list goes on and on, but those are some of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Free to play or pay to play, it doesn't matter that much to me.

Please come check out my stream. All the love is appreciated! 

TWITCH: @JakeSimTV

Comments

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

its old but eq2 has the most classes ive ever seen in an mmo

• JakeSimJakeSim Member RarePosts: 883

Originally posted by hockeyplayr

its old but eq2 has the most classes ive ever seen in an mmo

I was looking into Everquest 2 Extended a bit back but realized that the payment model was a joke. Have they fixed it for the most part or does it still seem that you get less on the extended server when you're paying monthly or whatever the deal was back then?

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

i was looking into resubbing it before i decided to resub aion.  It gave me the option to resub to live servers which are the original ones.  The extended and normal game have different servers.  However what i have heard is that the free has a major population difference.  Thats why i decided to go with aion even though i have eq2 and all the expansions. From my understanding if your going to pay $15 a month its better off to go to the normal servers but with that comes a lack of a massive population.  I heard its very top heavy now.

Hope it helps

i was looking into resubbing it before i decided to resub aion.  It gave me the option to resub to live servers which are the original ones.  The extended and normal game have different servers.  However what i have heard is that the free has a major population difference.  Thats why i decided to go with aion even though i have eq2 and all the expansions. From my understanding if your going to pay $15 a month its better off to go to the normal servers but with that comes a lack of a massive population.  I heard its very top heavy now.

Hope it helps

It helped a bit. Thank you. :)

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

" Vanguard "

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA

Originally posted by Elsabolts

" Vanguard "

Vanguard did have quite a number of classes, races as well. But, the population I hear for the game now is quite bad.

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

DDO?

Lots of classes and races + multiclassing

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by Tidel

Hope it helps

It helped a bit. Thank you. :)

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

Guildwars has the most diversity with thier classes than any other game by far. You can change it at any time too and come up with builds that noone else uses so it really makes you unique (unless all you do is follow what is on the wiki .. .).

I agree that Vanguard would be the best P2P PVE-game with classes. Its a huge open beautiful world with lots to do.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

Originally posted by Tidel

Originally posted by Elsabolts

" Vanguard "

Vanguard did have quite a number of classes, races as well. But, the population I hear for the game now is quite bad.

There is only one way to find out and the game has a free 14 day trail.  Check it out the download is not that big and there are a lot of interesting classes. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ArtiexArtiex Member Posts: 82

Try perfect world international its a great game with very lush graphics and with quite a diversity of classes. The grind only picks up after level 40 but other then that its a great game that the average MMO gamer should love.

Playing: WoW
    Waiting On: SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TERA.

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

http://global.netmarble.com/uwo/guide/characterClass.asp?mCode=1 here classes and jobs

50+ jobs most ive seen in a mmo

• scuubeedooscuubeedoo Member Posts: 458

Only game that i can think of that truly has class diversity is Dofus. It's not the amount the classes but whether they actually play differently. On many MMOs that have a lot of classes, the case usually is that they have a lot of tanks, a lot of healers, a lot of melee dps and a lot of caster/ranged dps. Multiple versions of pretty much the same thing.

"Traditionally, massively multiplier online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars Β– combat, exploration and character progression. In Alganon, in addition to these we've added the fourth pillar to the equation: Copy & Paste."