Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion or WAR

2»

Comments

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

NOOO no AION don't even think about it lol ............ WAR is much better game

• RhyoinRhyoin Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by Sid_Vicious

One of the questions that you may want to ask yourself is:

Do I want to grind on mobs and chill to get PVP gear (AION) or do I want to level by PVPing and get gear from PVP as well (WAR).

I like the latter one. My roots are in daoc so I would like something like that or close to.  I dont care about the grind or grinding to get gear.  All apart of the mmo world.  Atm im leaning towards Aion because the pvp sounds pretty fun but then when i played the trial for war it made me think of how much fun it was to have pvp available early on.

Do the high lvl players in aion prey on the lowbies or as a lvl 25 or whatever stay out of the pvpve zones or how does that work?

Playing:RIFT
    Played:DAoC-7 years of fun ,WAR,SWG,EQ/EQ2,VG,Shadowbane,Darkfall, AIon, and more
    Waiting on: none
    Youtube- http://www.youtube.com/user/sHoKawe1

• wasim470wasim470 Member Posts: 243

Yes high lvl Do prey on Low lvls and PVP in Aion is prety shalo and pointless it's all about who hase more Sorces since they can kill u in one hit some times :) even when ur a tank .

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

If I'd a free choice, I'd neither choose Aion nor War.

If I'd have to choose either Aion or War, I'd go with War. For the graphics style and humor and... I just don't like Aion all in all.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Id like to try Aion again but hestiate to resub still. There a buddy key floating around that I might be able to try the game out and decide?

Played:DAoC-7 years of fun ,WAR,SWG,EQ/EQ2,VG,Shadowbane,Darkfall, AIon, and more

• AndariiniAndariini Member Posts: 2

All old players should come to check WAR. If you account has been closed for 90 days you are eligible for 14 free days.

Check here: http://www.warhammeronline.com/call_to_arms/re-enlist.php

http://www.frozendawn.fi/
    Finnish gamers community on WoW (TN, ER), Aion, EVE etc.

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640
    WAR all the way! Even with the games mid level balance issues and the lackluster endgame it's better that that hacker and bot filled wannabe f2p Asian grinder. Aion is complete garbage!

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

been playing the endless trial a bit more and its alot of fun. ran into a guy that has t4 toons and gave some postive feedback.  Also saw the changes to orvr and that makes me exicted. So i gonna take up on the come back to war 14 day trial.  I heard Volkmar is a good server to be on. Thoughts?

• seigardseigard Member UncommonPosts: 286

Originally posted by Rhyoin

been playing the endless trial a bit more and its alot of fun. ran into a guy that has t4 toons and gave some postive feedback.  Also saw the changes to orvr and that makes me exicted. So i gonna take up on the come back to war 14 day trial.  I heard Volkmar is a good server to be on. Thoughts?

Dunno about volkmar but badlands is the most balanced and most pop as others say.

You can pm for any help

ranyr-karak norn

seigard-badlands

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Meh, if I had to choose either War or Aion (neither of which I would actually go back to) I'd have to say Aion. War was fairly bland in general. The PvP was meh and with PvP being the big seller that was a major tick in the no category lol. Classes were meh. The game in general was just .... well .... meh. Aion didn't fair a great deal better though imho, but I still enjoyed my time in Aion more than I did in War. 

My big issue with both games is simply that both seem to have a focus on PvP but the PvP is pretty bland. Aion's had a little more flare and style due to the flying and in general I liked the classes better which is why if I had to choose one I would pick Aion. 

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

WAR is dead past 10 tried to join a scenario and well waited for as long time before I said f it and logged onto a lower level character and tried to join one with a level 8 and still had the same problem. So went to re-sub they gave me 10 days free I just cancelled after 2 days.

• Justley3Justley3 Member Posts: 48

WAR hands down. Still has a bad rep but if you actually play there is always action, epsecially T1-T3-T4.

Aion is just a Korean game with a very lack luster PVP / Fly system for the fluff. Thats all.

Gamer-4-Life