Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta Begins October 13!

HertuuHertuu Member Posts: 8

The Vindictus team is proud to announce that the Vindictus Open Beta will launch onWednesday, October 13! At that time, all North American players will have the opportunity to join the battle against the Fomors, and Early Access Beta testers will be able to keep their characters along with any leveling, skills, items and gold they have acquired!

In order to prepare for the Open Beta, we will be closing down the service during our scheduled maintenance on October 5 at 10:00pm (Pacific)/ 1:00am (Eastern).  Ending Early Access a little sooner than expected will allow us to address issues that have arisen during testing.

On behalf of the entire Vindictus team, we’d like to thank everyone who participated in the Vindictus Early Access Beta. We also appreciate your patience and good humor as we work out some of the technical difficulties we’re currently experiencing.  The good news is that we’ve learned a lot from the Early Access Beta, enough that we’re ready to move on to the next step!

Here’s a look at some of what’s coming in Open Beta:

AINLE

Players will enjoy new challenges, new rewards and some of the scariest mobs and bosses they’ve ever seen in our new town Ainle, accessible from the boat on dock three.

“Something bad has happened in Ainle. Citizens flee from the once idyllic town with grim faces and haunted eyes. The Royal Army has shut the town gates and quarantined the area. Did the Fomors finally attack a human settlement? Perhaps, but there are whispers that something more sinister happened.  Whispers from terrified refugees speak of dark magics and arcane horrors. Ainle needs heroes before what happened there spreads toward Colhen.” 

image  image

CUSTOMIZATION

Players will enjoy hot new character customization options including a dye shop and a beauty shop with cool new hairstyles and facial features!

FISHING

Need a break from battle? Head over to the fishing dock and try to catch a big one! Fishing is a fun change of pace where players can take on new side quests without the danger of getting attacked by gnolls.

ITEM ENHANCEMENT

Strengthen your weapons and armor using Enhancement Stones!

GUILDS

Team up with your friends, or make new friends, by creating or joining a guild.

LEVEL CAP

The level cap will be raised from 26 to 38. You’ll need that extra strength as the battle gets tougher!

…and more!

Whether you are a first-time player or someone who has been around since Closed Beta, we hope you’ll enjoy the Open Beta and all of the new content!

-The Vindictus Team-

SOURCE: http://vindictus.nexon.net/

Comments

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912

Although I love Vindictus I hate how Nexon is breaking the game up into little bits and witholding content. The Korean BETAs had a level cap of 60 and the 3rd character. Just release the whole game already.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by Novusod

Although I love Vindictus I hate how Nexon is breaking the game up into little bits and witholding content. The Korean BETAs had a level cap of 60 and the 3rd character. Just release the whole game already.

If I remember, the Korean version was in Beta for quite a long time. And I believe we will see the 3rd Character (Evie) soon for NA. Nexon had already posted the video on their channel, so it's only a matter of time. 

And since there's a lot more going on from transferring KR version to NA, which isn't "just translating" as some players may believe, there's a lot of adjustements made by the Devs to the NA version to fit the NA Market, which in turn affects the coding for further content.  But give Nexon some time to release Vindictus, and then the patches will start rolling. Mabinogi, which is another popular MMORPG published by Nexon is currently in Generation 11 while the KR version is testing G13, and it's highly possible that G12 will be introduced by the end of November, if not December as they have already started to talk about the content of G12. Technically, Mabinogi is one of the few F2Ps on the market that is catching up to the KR version.

So give Nexon time, they will get there soon enough.

• CelestialnovaCelestialnova Member Posts: 81

thanks for the post can't wait :)

• ArtiexArtiex Member Posts: 82

Lol really I cant believe nexon can be that stupid in a game by naming there town AINLE. YEAH GUYS IM TAKING A BOAT TO VISIT MY FATHER IN AINLE! Epic failure.

Playing: WoW
    Waiting On: SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TERA.

Originally posted by Artiex

Lol really I cant believe nexon can be that stupid in a game by naming there town AINLE. YEAH GUYS IM TAKING A BOAT TO VISIT MY FATHER IN AINLE! Epic failure.

Wait what? What exactly is the issue? What is wrong with the name Ainle? It's a name of Celtic origins, which fits with the tone of the game (based on Celtic Lore/Mythology, with the mabinogions, fomors, etc).

Geez sometimes people make me angry...  Oh and by the way, it's "their", not "there", so when you say "I can't believe nexon can be that stupid" .... I don't think I need to complete the sentence here.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

Wait what? What exactly is the issue? What is wrong with the name Ainle? It's a name of Celtic origins, which fits with the tone of the game (based on Celtic Lore/Mythology, with the mabinogions, fomors, etc).

Geez sometimes people make me angry...  Oh and by the way, it's "their", not "there", so when you say "I can't believe nexon can be that stupid" .... I don't think I need to complete the sentence here.

You fail as a grammar nazi. I cant believe you didn't realize what he was trying to point out.

Anile = Anal

Originally posted by travdoty

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

You fail as a grammar nazi. I cant believe you didn't realize what he was trying to point out.

Anile = Anal

It's Ainle. Comparing Ainle to Anal is just far too stretched and he's simply trying to make up reasons to hate a game.

• spacetunaspacetuna Member Posts: 1

Anile = Anal

Anile is pronounced something more like senile http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/anile Thats not even how the guy up farther spelled it so I'm not sure what your trying to say...

If the town is called Ainle this is properly spelled and pronouced thusly:

Áinle (m) AN l'yeh

http://www.namenerds.com/irish/meaning6.html

• ArtiexArtiex Member Posts: 82

I dont hate the game acculy I love it.. I dont know what you guys are saying I thought it was funny of how they named a town Ainle very close or maybe it acculy is to the world anal. I got a level 21 dual warrior guy or whatever you call them.

Playing: WoW
    Waiting On: SWTOR, GW2, Rift, TERA.

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by spacetuna

Anile = Anal

Anile is pronounced something more like senile http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/anile Thats not even how the guy up farther spelled it so I'm not sure what your trying to say...

If the town is called Ainle this is properly spelled and pronouced thusly:

Áinle (m) AN l'yeh

http://www.namenerds.com/irish/meaning6.html

Spelling and pronunciation nazis ftw. So it's Ainle. The point I was making is that, however childish and lame his accusation was, it was, at best, logical. Think of words like "pain". Then say Ainle pronouncing the "ain" in the same way as "pain", and the "le" the same way as "cable", thus, "anal".  I didn't say he was pronouncing it right, I was just saying the guy that I originally quoted failed hard at realizing the joke the guy was making.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by spacetuna

Spelling and pronunciation nazis ftw. So it's Ainle. The point I was making is that, however childish and lame his accusation was, it was, at best, logical. Think of words like "pain". Then say Ainle pronouncing the "ain" in the same way as "pain", and the "le" the same way as "cable", thus, "anal".  I didn't say he was pronouncing it right, I was just saying the guy that I originally quoted failed hard at realizing the joke the guy was making.

I don't think there wasn't a need to call someone out for not realizing words. I also didn't know myself until I read the later posts because not all letters sound the same in various languages. When I first read the town name I thought of something like "Ah-nee-leh" (Let your tongue get into position to say the L.)

Or "Aeen-le", as the long A sound usually goes with A alone (Acorn) or Ae (As in Aesop, Aerith, etc.) And "Nazi" seems a bit far off as he is trying to prove a point, not completely dictate.

My own opinions, but I suddenly found the game boring to play with the melee classes. Though that is because I am not really a close-ranged damage dealer in many MMOs. I prefer spellcasting and using magical spells to help me keep at a distance with my enemy.

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

Freudian slip ftw, I guess. Honestly, I don't think the "anal" conotation ever occurred to me.

I'm kind of miffed. Tried to log on today to grab a quick screenie for that Savage ring contest, but was too late. That's what I get for procrastinating, I suppose.

And while I'm quite aware that moving the game over to here involves far more than just translating, another part of me wishes Nexon would just skip the earlier releases entirely to make a more varied game from the outset. Still, it's a pretty typical approach when they bring stuff out of Asia.

Looking forward to October 13, and also looking forward to some proper colour matching once the dyes hit the scene. Right now, everyone's a clone of each other, and we've resorted to delberately mismatching armour or just going armour-less. image

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

Originally posted by Mehve

Freudian slip ftw, I guess. Honestly, I don't think the "anal" conotation ever occurred to me.

I'm kind of miffed. Tried to log on today to grab a quick screenie for that Savage ring contest, but was too late. That's what I get for procrastinating, I suppose.

And while I'm quite aware that moving the game over to here involves far more than just translating, another part of me wishes Nexon would just skip the earlier releases entirely to make a more varied game from the outset. Still, it's a pretty typical approach when they bring stuff out of Asia.

Looking forward to October 13, and also looking forward to some proper colour matching once the dyes hit the scene. Right now, everyone's a clone of each other, and we've resorted to delberately mismatching armour or just going armour-less. image

Duma, one of the senior developers for Dungeon Fighter Online at Nexon made a great post as to why they can't just skip content while he was talking about the upcoming Priest Patch which the community is eagerly awaiting.

http://dungeonfighter.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=009EG&pageIndex=2

It's a good read and gives you a good insight at what happens behind the scene and what goes on at Nexon when porting a game from Asia to North America.