Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is why EvE is better than WoW and SWG.....

RyctorRyctor Member Posts: 32

At the Guiding Hand, we hold the contract sacred - if the client wishes us to skin a target's loved ones alive and wear their face for a mask while killing them, we will do so ~ Istvaan Shogaatsu

Comments

• spdtonyspdtony Member Posts: 2

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

I have been all over all the posts on every side of this issue. The "corp theft" part of this is not cool from a stealing is wrong perspective, but you have to admit, being a spy and pulling this off from an RP/gameplay perspective was nothing short of genius. The corp folded without a shot being fired, it definately drove home a perspective of the game that has been overlooked in favor of the "350mm Uberkiller perfectly strikes n00b for 100000000000 points of damage" crowd.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by NFWolfDude
    I have been all over all the posts on every side of this issue. The "corp theft" part of this is not cool from a stealing is wrong perspective, but you have to admit, being a spy and pulling this off from an RP/gameplay perspective was nothing short of genius. The corp folded without a shot being fired, it definately drove home a perspective of the game that has been overlooked in favor of the "350mm Uberkiller perfectly strikes n00b for 100000000000 points of damage" crowd.

I have to agree, feel a bit sorry for the corp that got robbed - it was wrong from moral standpoint but it was awe-inspiring. It is amazing that they could keep the facade going for 5 months and then nonchalantly walk away without remorse as people that thought of them as friends lost everything - cold blooded but damned impressive.

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

I, personally would never be able to steal such an enormous amount of people that trust me.

Who knows with MMORPG's, the people that owned the cash could easily attempt suicide in real life.

• NFWolfDudeNFWolfDude Member Posts: 304

Originally posted by Imperatorian
    I, personally would never be able to steal such an enormous amount of people that trust me.
    Who knows with MMORPG's, the people that owned the cash could easily attempt suicide in real life.

You know, if that is the case, they have MUCH bigger problems than what happens in a game.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    NFWolfDude

• PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956

I agree that EvE is better than SWG and WoW.Currently i am playing SWG and im a former EvE player as well.I really liked EvE but it was just too time intesive for me.Its difficult to "solo" effectivley in EvE so SWG atm is more rewarding for me.

Anyway that being said...i read about this a few days ago and i say congrats to the players who basically destroyed another corp!!

Talk about taking EvE to tne next level!!Ill bet the devs NEVER expected their game to go this route.Player created content and the drama!!

If the ones who got scammed are upset then they shouldnt be playing a PvP game and especially a game where you CANT trust ANYONE save your real life buds.

Reminds me of the DAOC PvP server one of the 1st things you read:This is a PvP server the tools for revenge are their for ALL players to use.Any petitions will not be answered concerning PvP.

This definetly applies here.

Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)