Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neocron 2 : Possible Subscription Scam?

GildenloreGildenlore Member Posts: 23

I'm currently downloading the Neocron 2 10-Day Trial and was in the process of creating an account...

I filled out the required personal data and accepted the ToS...

I was then brought to another confirmation which contained the summary of my account info and terms of service.  Within this window of info, there was...

Payment information

Payment Plan :

monthly payments (€5)

Cancellation Period :

7 days

There is no cancellation period during the free trial time.

The site cleary states that if the account is not cancelled before the end of the 10-Day Trial, you will automatically be billed for the cost of the game and if the account is not cancelled prior to the next billing date...automatic billing of the monthly subscription will incur.

My concern is that the above Cancellation Period states 7 days, but "There is no cancellation period during the free trial time.". 

Does that mean I CANNOT cancel during the trial time ( Obvious Scam to force sale of game )...or... that there isn't any type of restriction for cancellation during the trial time ( Cancel Anytime )?

To me, it is a statement of ambiguity, which certainly should be clarified...

"Walk soft on the Paths of Society...For Subtlety is the Blessing of Sanctuary."

- anonymous

Comments

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

I was mentioning this game to some friends that were looking for a shadowrun type game.

Something came up that steered me clear of it, and I cannot remember exactly what that was....

I think it was going under or something.

That was a few months ago.

Anyway it does sound a bit iffy with the payment.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• GildenloreGildenlore Member Posts: 23

I'll heed your warning, but I'd almost proceed to know and warn others...if it wasn't a  European Game.

I don't mind calling customer service in America to straighten things out, but I'm certainly not gonna further my debt with a huge phone bill...

"Walk soft on the Paths of Society...For Subtlety is the Blessing of Sanctuary."

- anonymous

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

Why dont you use fake data and test it?  You might not stay for long but the experience is worth it.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

I generally try to steer clear of debauchery, but in this case I think it may be plausible...lol...

Thanks for the suggestion...I guess I'll give it a go!

Hello...My name is Inigo Montoya!

- anonymous

• charlespaynecharlespayne Member UncommonPosts: 381

Ignore all that info becouse when the 10 day triel is over ,the game becomes free to play.

I was redirected to Click2Pay.com for payment confirmation.  I was required to create a Click2Pay account, but the site says the service is unavailable...

So I guess it's a "NO GO"...

Are you saying the game is now F2P?

If that's true, then why do they still require payment info?

- anonymous

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

I'm pretty sure even through the website is there the game is down.

Looking at their forum there is some "insolvency" talk.

I'd steer clear just to be safe.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• mykpfsumykpfsu Member Posts: 68

Even if the game was still "live" you'd be pretty much forced onto one server (due to english speaking) and there would be zero people on it most likely.  Neocron had alot of promise back in the day (years ago), not anymore.  Move along, nothing to see there and I would agree to keep away from that sign up.

• VadenVaden Member UncommonPosts: 145

There's no sign-up "scam"... not sure I even get that. Click2Play sign-up option is down, that is about it. And no, there arent "zero" people online though it can get kinda low... it usually zero's out at about 10-14 people online... the max i've seen online is between 50 and 70 people. So the norm usually floats between that amount depending on the time of day which plays the most factor, of course.

If you need help getting an account, just hit me up.

Games I've Played: SilkRoad, Flyff, NeoCron, PlanetSide, Rapplez, UpshiftRacer, Drift City, TB, Kwonho, ArchLord, AoA, Exteel, WolfTeam, Shaiyan, WoKF, FFXIV, STO, KoTR, ESO, Defiance, Mabinogi

Games I'm Playing: Warframe/STO

Games I'm Pondering: The Secret World