Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEOCRON WITH NO FLAWS!

benjiebenjie Member Posts: 3
There working on the engine. When its released it will have been over 1 year in the making!

Ive played lots of mmorpg's
I like Neocron

Comments

• mmitchmmitch Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by benjie
    There working on the engine. When its released it will have been over 1 year in the making!

I like Neocron

What BUGS are fixed.  What is being done about the server crashes and constant corruption

of data?  I could care less if an expansion was in the works for 12 days, hours or months if my

shit keeps getting rolled back.  You have not enlightened me with this propoganda. 

You stated "they" are fixing bugs, the engine and adding content like you had some information

to share.  Or are you just retelling the crap their forums are probably spewing?

• benjiebenjie Member Posts: 3

FFS! Stop asking stuff like this! I am not te Messiah of te MMORPG'ees

First off, have you played Neocron? Do you know anything? most of the bugs have been sorted now anyway! And only one comes to mind that has cropped up. Here is a list of the bugs I know exsist in Neocron.......

• Very Mild floating mob issue in one dungeon only (about 90% fixed)
    • Extremely rare(Only seen it once) Monsters fade too quickly
    • I crash from Fatal Once every 4 days or so. Now BT related crashes, thats a lot worse!
    • You can holster your weapon to reload a tiny bit faster.
    • Early Mission Time out occurs (rarely)
    • ONE OF 2 BIG ISSUES: Fps issues, yeah in certain areas you get low fps that makes halo seem fast.
    • TWO OF 2 BIG ISSUES: Synchronising bugs. You get a synch bug on screen and you have to wait ages. It's quicker to relog. You usually end up somewhere else thats potentially dangerous. (Damn this hardly happens though. Its not like its even once a week!!)

Yet despite all that, I still play Neocron. Why?? Coz I fucking love the game! The combat is intence, the sound is undoubtebly the best most thought out use of ambience and music I have ever seen in a game! (the music is like in fallout.... *drools*) The graphics are for the most part moody and really very very good (all except perhaps the twilight guardian canyon!) And the dome of york City is looking very nice! With higher resolution textures to boot. The skill system is Perfect, THe construction system is nothing less than epic (hundreds of weapons and thousands of weapon/mod combinations. millions of quality fariations!) The emote system is a lovely well thought out addition with more emotes supposedly on there way, the world is huge! You can drive massive land vehicles, giant Tanks and Multi people carriors across the wastelands, coming across random encounter stye villages, always changing scenery from wastelands, to mountains, to beutiffull canyons, to swamps and grasslands. There are (will be) 2 Major Capital City's with numerous districts, Several "town Style" areas named Teckhaven, Twilight Guardian, and The Military Barracks. And there are hundreds of "village style" Outposts, actuall villeges, and factory's. Not to mention numerous Caves, Mines, Sewers, and really origional areas to fight in. There is sooo much more I havn't mentioned! THe Drugs, Sex, Construction Base root system where everything is built from animal entrails! The orrigional Skills, THe stock market in game! It's an amazing game!!!!!!! I really love it. This is the reason I play it despite it's bugs. There just so minor to me and To be honest I really Don't care!!!!! Games too good.

imageimageimageimage

I like Neocron

• mmitchmmitch Member Posts: 3

First off, have you played Neocron? Do you know anything? most of the bugs have been sorted now anyway! And only one comes to mind that has cropped up. Here is a list of the bugs I know exsist in Neocron.......

I played for 6 months, I just cancelled last month.

The game was going nowhere.  Server side data corruption has yet to be addressed and has happened again more then once since I left.  FRE's, Lag, and FPS rates that are just plain SICK at times (8fps, even with a higher end system that gets 80+ in other games, like Americas Army)

From your post I am fairly certain you are a "true believer" so your biased information is quite useless to me.   I'll wait and see myself, thanks.

• LeviathanLeviathan Member Posts: 3

Oh, the neverending conversation goes on even at this forum it seems. :)

I remember pictures of naked women floating in the skies within sector L_12, so not every bug has been an unpleasant experience, that's for sure. image

But of course, those sync errors forcing you to plum to your death can be quite annoying, it doesn't happen as much anymore though.

I cancelled my accounts in early June. I really like the game, but due to the many bugs in earlier stages, my clan split up, and the members quit playing. 2 months later it seemed like the community had died, as the veterans and friendly players quit one after another, so I did the same.. After all, what's a mmog without friends, and especially a good community? That's probably the biggest flaw of Neocron, sad be the truth.

Played 3 accounts on Pluto.. a capped Spy, xx/5x Tank, xx/4x Monk. Known to friends by the name Nightingale.

-
    What's sharper, your sword or your wit?

-
    What's sharper, your sword or your wit?

• atomicwebzatomicwebz Member Posts: 63

I for one have found your enthusiasm in this game very interesting. I will definitely create an account and try out for the 10day free trial period. Hell it can't hurt it's FREE...lolimage

-Thanx For Infoimage

>>>>AtomicWebZ>>>>
    www.ripperx.com
    www.olympicnetworks.com

>>AtomicWebZ<<
    O--{========>

• GrismarGrismar Member Posts: 20

(note to flamers: I do actually tell you what I like at the bottom, please scroll down before starting your rant)

Clearly milage varies with NC. Wether its just a matter of perception or facts, I won't get into. I've played NC for about 10 months. Then I quit because of a few reasons:

1. the number of griefers seemed to slowly increase, while the number of active+fun players slowly decreased (over 10 months, mind you)

2. the DoY expansion was "coming next quarter" for 4 quarters. This coming quarter would've been the 7th if I'm correct, so that makes DoY 1.5 years late

3. But most importantly: when I lost half my belongings in the form of an entire Via Rosso lvl 3 appartment, all its cabinets filled with rares (I know I sound like a bragging kid, but I assure you I had been playing on a daily basis in those 10 months), KK did not respond to my calls for assistance. I tried mailing them and the ingame reporting system on multiple occasions, but only got a -single- automated "we'll get back to you" response. That's it. The results of 5 months gameplay down the drain (rares were everything in NC) and not as much as a "sorry, but we're unable to help for <insert decent reason>", let alone some actual help or compensation.

Why am I telling you this? Because there was another bunch of things wrong with the game and having tried the NC2 beta for a bit, none of those things seem to have been fixed, leading me to believe KK hasn't been listening to complaints, but has simply instructed some chimp to hit the delete mail button every 5 minutes. (a lot of ingame discussion about KK inner workings involved chimps for some reason)

Before someone else does, I'll first tell you why I can't use the above reasons to not play NC2: 1. new players will flock to NC2 to see what DoY is all about. 2. late or not, DoY is finally here, although I refuse to agree its worthy of the title NC2, the game is the same in most respects and many of the upgrades had already been applied to the old NC, even though I hear a lot of people claiming they're new in NC2. (read the logs and talk to more experienced NC players for corroboration) 3. I haven't been playing NC for over 6 months now, so I can't claim customer service is still as bad as it was. However, I have heard numerous recent complaints of few or little GMs ingame, cheating GMs (helping certain factions), lack of response, etc. from players I trust not to be whining or lying, so the jury is still out on that one.

Ok, to the rest of my problems with NC (not the reason I left, but certainly something one should be aware of before actually paying to see it), most of which have not been fixed in NC2/DoY, even though they could and should have been:

1. Engine problems, including but not restricted to: monsters walking up to a wall and then clipping entirely behind them, where you can't shoot them, but they shoot you; vehicles crossing a zone border too fast to register, leaving you hanging in limbo, sometimes losing your vehicle; items getting lost due to appartments resetting; models floating/sticking out of things. Most of these problems are still reproducable in NC2.

2. Parts of game content not translated i.e. still in German. Perhaps some instances (mostly NPCs) are fixed in NC2, but new oversights have been introduced, in the introductory emails to your character no less... I'm sure they'll fix this during beta, but it's typical of the overall language sloppiness present in NC1 aswell.

3. Bad English and resulting unengaging conversation with NPCs. Most dialogue is sloppy translation of German to English. I'm sure the German dialogue sounds better, but even then, it's clearly not written by professional writers, but rather by some programmer/designer who shouldn't quit his day job just yet. This has actually gotten worse with NC2, but that's probably obvious to most of the non-Germans playing now. Clearly still present in NC2.

4. A big one: Lag. Serious lag. Lag causing your client to drop the connection, leaving you staring at a "synchronizing" screen for seconds to minutes, that feel like they're stretching to hours. I don't know how often this cost me my PC life and many (rare) items as a result, but it's up there in the dozens (not counting all of the hundreds of times it happened but had no further consequences). I can assure you, my internet connection is fine, I've kept track of my connection to the server during my last months of play and it was a-ok. The problem seems to be with either the servers or client-design and I am sure you can find tons of serious players who know what they're talking about, to back this. I've just deinstalled the beta client 10 minutes ago, right after I was staring at the 3rd "synchronizing" screen in one session (just under 2 hours). (only 40% server load, excellent netwerk connection on my side)

5. Some more: Lag. When it's not dumping you on a "synchronizing" screen, lag still influences a lot of gameplay, causing your drones to get temporarily unresponsive, causing weapons to malfunction or failing to reload, causing mobs to escape while in your sights, etc. Been able to reproduce plenty of this in the NC2 Beta, have serious doubts about them fixing it, since the problems have been around since NC beta. (btw: depending on your geographical location, this appears to vary slightly, but ultimately no player is safe, I'm in the Netherlands btw)

Finally, I could tell you what's wrong in my opinion with the insanely skewed ingame economy, the treadmilling for rares, the lack of new content introduced (even though KK claimed it was rather dynamic) as compared to other MMORPGS and then some. But I won't, since those points are all strictly subjective and I want to limit myself to the facts. I'm not claiming the game isn't fun here, I'm claiming its defective.

Don't get me wrong either: I -did- play NC for 10 months, had a lot of fun doing so and I think it was a pretty good game for its time. The technology and "look and feel" have become a little dated (DX9 update or no, makes little difference imho), but that shouldn't be a problem if all you want is a nice cyberpunk MMORPG with serious PvP at its heart. And even though PvP seems central to NC, PvM was pretty enjoyable for a couple of weeks too. The game has decent replayability, since the different classes are fairly different to play and this seems to have been improved even more in NC2. The crafting system is fair, though (like many aspects of the game) strongly dependant on luck, but nonetheless ok.

So it's not all bad, but to have the audacity to actually call this long overdue expansion NC2? And leave a LOT of unacceptable bugs in the engine when the entire engine is supposed to have been "rewritten"? I'm sorry but as an early fan I feel cheated. KK has shown little regard for its users in the past and seems to be on the same course today. I'm sure there are some good reasons why the devs can't do better and I'd love to hear from them how and why, but that's not going to happen, now is it...

Give NC2 a go, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Greetings,
    Grismar.

PS: if you want to link to my text, I've also got it up at http://grismar.net/ncrant

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

if KK can sort out the show stopping bugs that are in BETA, then NC2 will be even better than NC1

im not gonna go into my opinon here as ive stated my thoughs on neo in this forum number of times.

i would just say anyone interested in the game give it ago.

if you play in beta, remember it is just that a beta its goingto have bugs and such in it.

but end of day i spent 2 years playing neocron and i know it wasnt a total waste of time as there is a lot of fun to be had.

in all likely hood i will return to NC2 for retail when that hits, its a damn hard game to leaveimage

is that the real Benjie posting, as you dont seem quite so pro neocron in your posts, you admited there was problemsimage

• Celt0rCelt0r Member Posts: 67

Hi Grismar, had no idea you played NC as well as eve :)

(Muchos respect for your agent/corp DB)

All your points are still valid, I have played NC since dec02 up until present with some breaks.

DOY has always, _ALWAYS_ been them promised messiah, both by KK and fanboys, it sadly, is nothing of the sort.

• DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134

Okay first off I am going to admit something....I am biased for Neocron.  I love the Idea behind the game.  I played Neocron 1 for about 6 months the first time and came back for a month or so not too long ago.  The concept and many of the in game ideas are amazing.

Now on the negative aspect.  I just downloaded Neocron 2 BDOY beta after like a 23 hour download (my connection out here is pretty bad) and these are a few of my experiences...

The Crash to Desktop/Run time fatal error bug is still in the game...not quite as bad as it used to be for me

The Sync bug is HORRIBLE...I am going about 70/30 with 70% of the time getting the sync bug and having to relog over and over again until I can play.

The new graphics areas are slightly better than the old.

The new Stripper models are nice and I LOVE the "Boobs and Guns" store...great humor

The new character models SUCK.  As much as I would like to defend neocron on this one...they are crap in my opinion.

Havent really had too much time to play NC2 but so far this is what I have seen...oh and HACKNET almost made me mess my pants...until I found out its still not quite up and running.  It looks awesome and the very idea that one day we may be able to run through the databases of various companies ala TRON or something along those lines is just great.  Hopefully they can get the game stable and HACKNET up and running in short order.  I really dont think it will be ready by the end of September but I am certainly pulling for the Devs on this one.  Good ideas guys...hopefully they can make them stable and real.

• ReezReez Member Posts: 13

heh had ago of the beta not gonna say much tho cuz i didn't get to play much of it as it kinda went :

Logged in, created char

Joined server, took literally 4 steps and fataled (great i though being a nc1 long time player)

Turned of all my ati stuff as it was a known problem that did me in the past, rejoined and got stuck in synch, relogged and actually got to see the crahn cathedral, went to visit my BD chums and fataled en route.

Tried to rejoin fataled on the title screen

Restarted my pc, tried to rejoing and had some issue with my firewall denying it, unfortunately NC dosen't flick me to desktop it just freezes it's image on my screen so i can't allow the connection cuz i cant see the pop up box. So sorted that out and ran around, helped some new players in the side streets thought i'd see if any new mobs were about. but no.... the same mobs from tg, couldn't you have just added some diff mobs, changed a skin or two, name a few different just for the feel?

The classes looked worse imo than they did before but new players won't judge that obviously but the Monk dosen't seem monk like to me.... and the tank needs some bigger build. So running around with my spy a bit more i take of my pa and low and behold some random high levs appear to lay the smackdown... Stealth 2 and i was outta there (some dm abuse about stealther lamer) so lucky for me i dodged it but the poor low levs.... image 

Maybe they could give lower levs some interesting incentives not "reach level 90 to use rare and enjoy it as thats the whole leveling point"

and above all bugs that need fixing sort the fcukin Drone bugs, it's like 1 whole class that's riddled horrid with bugs that makes it a bad class to play (you need the patience of a god) and a very frustrtaing one at times.

I enjoyed nc don't get me wrong, but lack of support from kk, lack of being told anything, false promises, lies (yes at times they added stealth nerfs in patches like Loms became loss of level pills yet they didn't publish that in the notes till it was pretty much to late and peeps had lomed 30 levels believing the only lom change was they no longer gave Synaptic Impair) and the fact barely any bugs were fixed unless they caused a absoloute forum outcry.

Great Game Concept.... just in the wrong company hands imho

I used to have so many braincells, but forum posting has killed a-lot of them.

I used to have so many braincells, but forum posting has killed a-lot of them.

• joran420joran420 Member Posts: 27

they are adding ALOT more char models  before retail :)

and accessories (ie sunglasses and cigarettes)

and i fuckin love how u can see what weapons a person has in their quickbelt by looking at their char model

I am a neocron fanboi though...played for 2 years with rarely a dull moment

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31
    You know guys nc2 is still in beta stage. So don't flame it yet, wait till retail or something.

• SmeekSmeek Member Posts: 12

After you have hanged around two years with the game, you don't even see the bugs.
    I play alot of MMORPGs, the last one I tested was Knight-online and I was expecting sync errors and such. I was sad when the synchronizing sign didn't greet me during my visit in KO.
    And if you think NC2 is buggy, boy you should have been in the closed beta of Lineage 2 talking about buggy eh ::::31:: So just play the darn game, you will learn to love it's flaws ::::28::

• ZebraZebra Member Posts: 8

As an ex fanboi of NC1 and having played it for two years, desperately awaiting DOY I must say that I am sadly disappointed with the result.  OK it is beta, but it is OPEN beta and something like 2 weeks or shorter before retail. I have so many fatal runtime errors that it becomes painful. And as original poster said, the griefers have increased dramatically.

I hate the new interface, it is too distracting and once you don the cannon that fills up half your screen you can't really see what you are doing. Being a crafter as well, in DOY that is all screwed up now. You cannot get parts to build stuff unless you are in the particular faction that sells them. Naturally you cannot be in all factions, so you are stuck and have to find somebody to buy parts for you - good luck if you are on during off peak hours (your guild mates will be in the same faction as you, so no luck to get them to buy stuff for you).

Don't like a game that forces a particular game style onto you!

So it is doubtful that I will get DOY. Maybe just because nothing else out right now. May try City of Heros to tide me over till EQ2 or WOW, and Mourning looks promising. Checked out FOM but I believe it is all teamplay a la FFXI, so that is not for me either.

It's sad because I absolutely loved Neocron!

• StanLee2StanLee2 Member Posts: 51

You have GOT to be kidding me??

How can anyone like this POS game? image

Ive been playing the DOY beta...and Im dumb-struck that anyone would like this at all.

There are too many bugs to name for anyone to defend this crap game. Loss of items, synch problems, you name it. Crappy support and even crappier content.

And the crazy thing is that they are going to release this bug-ridden game.  This wasnt a BETA people...in a real beta stuff gets fixed and they ..gasp...put off release until things get fixed.

This isnt a BETA people. It was a SHAMELESS way to get more people. It worked on me and I feel like a fool.

They will release it and people will pay. Thats the sad part.

Dont be one of them.

• PANDEMICPANDEMIC Member Posts: 29

Originally posted by StanLee2
    You have GOT to be kidding me??
    How can anyone like this POS game? image
    Ive been playing the DOY beta...and Im dumb-struck that anyone would like this at all.
    There are too many bugs to name for anyone to defend this crap game. Loss of items, synch problems, you name it. Crappy support and even crappier content.
    And the crazy thing is that they are going to release this bug-ridden game. This wasnt a BETA people...in a real beta stuff gets fixed and they ..gasp...put off release until things get fixed.
    This isnt a BETA people. It was a SHAMELESS way to get more people. It worked on me and I feel like a fool.
    They will release it and people will pay. Thats the sad part.
    Dont be one of them.

ding! we have a winner!

Almost all the old bugs are still there and apparently they've introduced a bunch of new ones too. I ran around in beta for about an hour and a half and nothing's changed.

If you can live with the instability and problems it's an amazingly deep and well thought out game to play. Too bad their delivery is like a monkey on crack.

• SmeekSmeek Member Posts: 12

Say what you say, but I agree, it is easy to find a mmorpg not this buggy. And if you look at the monsters like WoW, they add new content in a week, and they actually listen to the payers.. um I mean players.

But, I'm not sure if it is the nostalgic retro feeling I get playing this game (crappy graphics and choppy gameplay, just like playing old shooters like sin and such), but you gotta admit, the bugs aside, it is a pretty good game.

Tho, I'm suprised what do they do in the office, the devs of KK, I mean, I know how you develope games, I'm an gfx artist my self and I have alot of insight to the process of game content creation. And I may know that it is not easy like snapping your fingers, but it is not impossible either. And these guys make it seem like the hardest task on earth. Jesus, I have seen mmorpgs done by small teams and they get more done than KK staff, and what good did the 10tacle merging bring to this mmorpg, other than high expectations? They promised us more and better content and non buggy gameplay. I am ashamed to say that I am hooked to a game like this.

But I guess it is hard for them to update the mmorpg, I guess they went a bit over their reach with this game. The number 1 rule in the business is, make it easy to fix, it is simple as that. If you look at a huge website like this, it has tons of written core behind it so that the updating can be done by one or two guys. So why did they do it so cryptic that you have to dig up the whole code to make few changes? I can tell that is just what they did, take a look at the fact that they brought us a "NEW GAME" and in the shadow, they could compile the chages in to the code. Jesus these guys are better tricksters and illusion masters than Mysterio.

I am glad I got that out of my system. Now I can go back and play some more of NC2 while waiting for WoW (yay WoW fanboi)

• yungeinsteinyungeinstein Member Posts: 12

I like Neocron

Just because they've been working on the engine for over a year, doesn't mean that they will have fixed any of the problems with the engine, it just means that they've been employed for a year. They have to PROVE that they fixed the engine.

• noctunoctu Member Posts: 14

it does have its flaws when useing the speed bike there were parts where I would wind up in "nowhere land"

ballence issues where if you play a tank of assasin you have to keep target to hit but with a psi ( the mage class) you dont have to keep target just start casting for the first split second you have them in your target and even if the run arnound a corner they still get hit.

so where know what class the overwheight players are playing

next was the click2play pay service OMG!!! they tried to double bill me, the tried to charge me 2 times for the software licens then 2 times for my monthly fee.

when I tried to call them something would pick up and then silence till I took a guess and pressed 0 on the phone and finally got someone live.

now 1 more thing is if you give them a credit card and from the USA no matter what they say!!!! dont give them your checking account info where they can use it like online checks to withdrawl funds because your not protected once you do they screwed with my account this way so becarefull

but dont take my word go to the official neocron 2 forums and see for yourself as you will see many complaints that back mine up.

to conclude I am going to say neocron 2 has some awsome idea's but it really feels like I am being charged to be a beta tester.

this new trend of releaseing buggy games and makeing the players pay the dev costs needs to quit

• AvisonAvison Member Posts: 350
    The sticky chair of DOOM glitch. Where you take a seat in any old chair and you cant get up. Loging in doesent work and the unstick me command wont work because your sitting or something. So I had to wait an hour for a GM to warp me....

===================[XXXXX]
    Avison wisdom of the ages...
    [XXXXX]===================

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

the game suckls ass.. it is akin to dakatna... i will never go back to trhat not even martin offered nasty *&(*& services or who ever is running that gimped game now.

::::26::

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

Eh dunno what game you been playing but neocron with no flaws? heh that must have been the game i meant to buyimage

It..Burns..

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Avison
    The sticky chair of DOOM glitch. Where you take a seat in any old chair and you cant get up. Loging in doesent work and the unstick me command wont work because your sitting or something. So I had to wait an hour for a GM to warp me....===================[XXXXX]
    Avison wisdom of the ages...
    [XXXXX]===================

I got "stuck" also, nedeed to use the jump(?!) button. Everything else is done with mousebuttons & quick buttons though.
    BUT I got stuck in the seweers instead. The "Im stuck & cant move"-questions would come up ALOT on player-to-player help channel. You would think it would be fixed by now.

Payment system has been a disaster to say the least if you check official forums. As some people have posted its a miracle that KK can say its Neocron 2, a official forum moderator said its a "stand alone expansion"....

• mealotmealot Member Posts: 12

While those bugs are annoying and determental to gameplay, this game does suffer from two many little things that make it unfun.

I am a cyberpunk fan so I really can get into a game like this, I have gone back and forth with this game for 2 years now. I like the graphics and the real world gameplay, like nudity and drugs, like a real worl would have, but all that eye candy can not make up for the bland UI, and in general Uncreative graphics.

These are like eq2, Buetiful in that post-appocalyptic sense, but I would like to see something with inginuity once in a while, like a waterfall or such.

Maybe this kind of dark world is not for me or something?

Thanks for your time!

• superhero13superhero13 Member Posts: 170

I played NC2 for about 2 months...

this game totally blows.

I love the style that they were going for, but the gameplay is crap...the engine is crap....the bugs make it unplayable...and the community is fubared.

dont waste your time wanting to play this game. seriously.