Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone remember Castle Infinity?

travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

God man, I thought about this game and got really nostalgic. This was a game developed in ~1996 and was one of the first online games designed for children. Basically, the premise is there's this castle run by nice and friendly dinosaurs, and the castle is under attack from monsters. You, the kids, are supposed to save the dinosaurs. It was kindof a 2D sidescroller type game. Each 'kid' had what was called a SHTICK figure. Your shtick was basically your avatar, and it consisted of three parts: head, torso, legs. Throughout your adventures in the castle, you'd come across new body parts and be able to mix and match them how you wanted. You also racked up points for time played, deaths, total monster kills, monster points (different monsters were harder to kill aka more points), and things of that nature. There were also body parts you could obtain through reaching certain point milestones and participating in special events put on by developers. 

The game was pretty basic but I put a LOT of hours into it as a kid. From what I understand, the game fluctuated to being up and not running at all due to varying issues each time (not enough players, not enough staff, not enough funding, etc). Finally, in Q1 2008, they tried one last revival of the game. Keep in mind the game was always non-for-profit, as it was all for the kids. Unfortunately, a programming error wiped the whole game. They say that C8 (slang for the game) is now not going to be resurfaced for good. 

Damnit, I miss this game... I would even  pay a small monthly sub to play it again (5 or 10 bucks). I'm 21 and I still would see myself having lots of fun on this game. 

Tell me someone here remembers this game!

Comments

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Thread revival, plus new information.

Apparently, for any of you old C8-ers such as myself, there is hope. They're actually making progress on reviving the game! All the discussion pertaining to this is on the facebook group for the game, just search "Castle Infinity" on facebook.