Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Darkness MMO... What clan will you play?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clans_in_Vampire:_the_Masquerade

So... with all of the options open to you, whatcha' gonna' pick?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

Comments

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

Let's just hope that you're not forced to join a premade (NPC)clan and are able to create a (player)clan on your own in the first place.

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

I will shadow dominate the world :) lets hope they make this game into a politics sheeme games game just like EVE

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by jrs77

Let's just hope that you're not forced to join a premade (NPC)clan and are able to create a (player)clan on your own in the first place.

A Coven within a Clan, perhaps...but an actual Clan?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• TheHatterTheHatter Member Posts: 2,547

Does it matter?

I hope it doesn't matter in the end product. I don't know anything about WoD or Vampire the Masquerade. But, I hope CCP builds the game where it doesn't really matter in the end, just like they did with EVE. 

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Originally posted by TheHatter

Does it matter?

I hope it doesn't matter in the end product. I don't know anything about WoD or Vampire the Masquerade. But, I hope CCP builds the game where it doesn't really matter in the end, just like they did with EVE. 

Clans matter in V:tM unlike the bloodlines in EVE.

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Lets hope there are vampire hunters

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Um, no. This isn't clan as in "player association". Clan, in this case, can most likely be thought of as an amalgamation of a player's race and class.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

You mean a guild with all the clans being allowed to join? Personally, I really hope this game is not FFA.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

Tzimisce, Toreador, Gangrel or Malkavian...

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

Originally posted by Palebane

You mean a guild with all the clans being allowed to join? Personally, I really hope this game is not FFA.

No, the clan or 'bloodline' you join in V:tM determines what disciplines (powers) your vampire gets and often also how he / she looks and possibly what mentality they have.

For example:

Toreador often pick their offspring from artists, poets, writers etc and are considered elegant and a bit posh; they start with the auspex, celerity and presence disciplines.

Malkavians are all completely nuts and they start with auspex, obfuscate and dementation.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• kraa26kraa26 Member Posts: 12

If this is done correctly..it could be an awesome game.  I hope the have the black hand as something you can get into in the future.. once you have a low enough generation.  Sabbat and Camarillo conflict would be some of the best PVP that can be done.. not to mention you can throw in mage and werewolves to get involved.   I would probably play Tremere or Assassimite...

Kraa26

• KithcaKithca Member Posts: 118

I voted Gangrel, though I maybe tempted to try Nosferatu.

Originally posted by Fdzzaigl

No, the clan or 'bloodline' you join in V:tM determines what disciplines (powers) your vampire gets and often also how he / she looks and possibly what mentality they have.

For example:

Toreador often pick their offspring from artists, poets, writers etc and are considered elegant and a bit posh; they start with the auspex, celerity and presence disciplines.

Malkavians are all completely nuts and they start with auspex, obfuscate and dementation.

I'm familiar with the lore. It sounded like jrs77 wanted the clans to be able to be on the same teams. Which makes sense in some circumstances, but I'm pretty sure a few of the clans are sworn enemies and would not work well together from a lore standpoint. I'm sure there could always be exceptions, but if you allow the clans to mix it up too much, you might as well not even have clans in the game at all, in my opinion.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

For example:

That's exactly the problem I'd have with it. I wanna write the story of my character myself, without having to choose an origin in the beginning which determines the possible skillsets and/or alignments to other clans/factions/etc.

The character-creation should only be about looks and attributes. All the rest should be 100% free to choose (skills, abilities, etc), including choosing to form a clan on my own instead of joining one of the clans given by the lore.

I don't wanna roleplay a Malkavian or Gangrel etc. I want the ability to roleplay something I've come up with myself and choose enemies and foes of my newly created clan myself aswell.

• -Jan--Jan- Member Posts: 69

If you don't want to belong to any vampire family, then choose to be one of  the unaligned, and you are set to go. You can choose your own disciplines, and create your own background. The only downside is that you don't get the support of your Clan in the Vampire society when going gets tough.

For example:

That's exactly the problem I'd have with it. I wanna write the story of my character myself, without having to choose an origin in the beginning which determines the possible skillsets and/or alignments to other clans/factions/etc.

The character-creation should only be about looks and attributes. All the rest should be 100% free to choose (skills, abilities, etc), including choosing to form a clan on my own instead of joining one of the clans given by the lore.

I don't wanna roleplay a Malkavian or Gangrel etc. I want the ability to roleplay something I've come up with myself and choose enemies and foes of my newly created clan myself aswell.

Then why even bother with the clans at all? Might as well play Darkfall, AoC, or Fallen Earth.

Originally posted by -Jan-
    If you don't want to belong to any vampire family, then choose to be one of  the unaligned, and you are set to go. You can choose your own disciplines, and create your own background. The only downside is that you don't get the support of your Clan in the Vampire society when going gets tough.

What don't you understand about "forming your own clan with other players"?

I don't want any support of NPC-clans. I want to build up my own clan, with it's own rules.

Then why even bother with the clans at all? Might as well play Darkfall, AoC, or Fallen Earth.

If players like to join the premade clans, then I've no problem with it. I've a problem with being forced to do so, instead of being able to create my own clan.

For alot of casual players the premade clans might be just the right thing, but for someone who's primarily interested in building up a clan on it's own, like a corp/alliance in EvE for example, it's very unappealing to be forced into a certain predefined scheme.

• GhostflameGhostflame Member Posts: 29

Order of Hermes

or maybe...

Shadowlords

Unless it's the new WoD...then I'd probably pick Mehket...

• DRandomDRandom Member Posts: 35

Tremere or Toreador for sure.

If I had to go for one of those lesser clans it would be a lowly Ravnos.

That's just the setting for the tabletop game, if you want to write something completely original, fine, go do it and throw it out there; but it won't be Vampire: the Masquerade, because that has been written and defined with these rules.

Vampires belong to a clan in that setting, period.

Please don't be delusional, you can only do what the game makers allow you to do in any game, your personal fantasies and dreams are not game content and the only one ruled by them is yourself (if you so choose).

• CailiegCailieg Member Posts: 85

I was born Rom, and later reborn as Ravnos, to choose anything other than the blood would be sacrilidge to our great Father and Ennoia....

Obviously Rom styled Ravnos trickster here, Mayaparasatiya, life is an illusion, we must break it.

Alexis

*smiles*

That's just the setting for the tabletop game, if you want to write something completely original, fine, go do it and throw it out there; but it won't be Vampire: the Masquerade, because that has been written and defined with these rules.
    Vampires belong to a clan in that setting, period.
    Please don't be delusional, you can only do what the game makers allow you to do in any game, your personal fantasies and dreams are not game content and the only one ruled by them is yourself (if you so choose).

World of Darkness is only based upon the lore of VtM, it's not going to be VtM Online with all the rulesets of the original.

CCP is all about sandbox and freedom to allow players to write their own stories instead of following prescripted lore.

• -Jan--Jan- Member Posts: 69

What don't you understand about "forming your own clan with other players"?

I don't want any support of NPC-clans. I want to build up my own clan, with it's own rules.

Huh? seriously, what is stopping you? Pick unaligned, choose your disciplines and because it is a sandbox game, just choose your favorite foe - there you go.

Clans are nothing but a thematic template. Create your unaligned vamp, create a theme, ask friends to join and voila! you have your own "clan".

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

"Bonegnawers" of the werewolves, since it's "World of Darkness" and not "Vampire the masquerade", i'd assume it has all the species/sects/pacts including the Magi & Witch Hunters :)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

Bloody leeches, servants of the Wyrm, all of you. You have turned from Gaia and must be purged. ;)

Nice to see something on the development of WoD. Hopefully they get around to adding the Garou to the game...to play as a Bone Gnawer....awesome.

But as to the OP: Gangrel or Nosferatu.

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!