Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone know of a Good MMO thats Free 2 play

DonHolidayDonHoliday Member Posts: 30

Hey everyone, I started this little thread to ask if anyone knows of a free MMO to play. I've just stopped playing Jade Dynasty it got to boring. So im looking for one that has a high max lvl, PVE, tuns of things to do... And of course is FREE.

DonHoldiay

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

Originally posted by DonHoliday

Hey everyone, I started this little thread to ask if anyone knows of a free MMO to play. I've just stopped playing Jade Dynasty it got to boring. So im looking for one that has a high max lvl, PVE, tuns of things to do... And of course is FREE.

DonHoldiay

Not sure if this is really what you are looking for but Lord of the Rings online is Free to Play.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

I would check out Runes of Magic, Dungeons and Dragone Online, and Atlantica Online.  Those are all fairly decent f2p games.  There at least worth a look if you haven't already to see what you think of them.

I can't recommend LotR.  If you're willing to pay the sub fee I think it is one of the best p2p game on the markets but as a f2p game there are simply way too many restrictions.  It isn't as ridiculous as EQ2X but its close. I suppose its worth a gander because it is a damn good game just not the best from a f2p standpoint.

Turbine's model for LotR is more of an extended free trial of the game than it is anything else.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Originally posted by Sovrath

DonHoldiay

Not sure if this is really what you are looking for but Lord of the Rings online is Free to Play.

This and DDO are probably the best free to play around...

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• DonHolidayDonHoliday Member Posts: 30

Wow thanks that looks amazing, just viewed it on YouTube... I cant believe its free. I need to free some space on my pc though before i can start the download

• MintersMinters Member UncommonPosts: 55

4story

http://theultimatecombo.com/blog/
    Dual blog with 2 nerds:)

• Dark_Titan15Dark_Titan15 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Well the thing is that with any good f2p mmo your gonna have to eventually pay a little (at least) for it to be worth playing.

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My Brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails and we forsake all bonds of fellowship! But it is not this day! An hour of wolfs and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you STAND MEN OF THE WEST! - King Elessar (Aragorn) at the Battle of the Black Gate.

Originally posted by Dark_Titan15

Well the thing is that with any good f2p mmo your gonna have to eventually pay a little (at least) for it to be worth playing.

Unfortunately your right, however thats where private servers come in, anyway if any f2p mmo are worth it i will occasionaly put about 5-10 pounds on. Which doesn't last long. Trust me!

• TazlorTazlor Member UncommonPosts: 864

runes of magic would be your best bet.  you have to pay at a certain point in lord of the rings online, i'm lvl 45 in RoM and haven't had to spend a dime.

• Dark_Titan15Dark_Titan15 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Originally posted by Dark_Titan15

Unfortunately your right, however thats where private servers come in, anyway if any f2p mmo are worth it i will occasionaly put about 5-10 pounds on. Which doesn't last long. Trust me!

Well then i will certainly recomend lord of the rings online and/or dungeons and dragons online (both games take up about 8 to like 13 gigs of hard drive space)

Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My Brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails and we forsake all bonds of fellowship! But it is not this day! An hour of wolfs and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you STAND MEN OF THE WEST! - King Elessar (Aragorn) at the Battle of the Black Gate.

Yeah i do like the look of both LOTRO and D & D online but they take up a lot of space. Runes Of Magic looks alright to be fair but apparently its hard to lvl up on. Thats why i got bored of Jade dynasty. I can get to lvl 70 in 2 days, 1 day if i sit there non stop. But after 80 i cant lvl up. So i guess i am trying to find an MMO that has a high lvl cap so i can lvl up fast (Hopefully)

Yeah i do like the look of both LOTRO and D & D online but they take up a lot of space. Runes Of Magic looks alright to be fair but apparently its hard to lvl up on. Thats why i got bored of Jade dynasty. I can get to lvl 70 in 2 days, 1 day if i sit there non stop. But after 80 i cant lvl up. So i guess i am trying to find an MMO that has a high lvl cap so i can lvl up fast (Hopefully)

Eh, I don't know.  Leveling in RoM always seemed fine to me.  The two problems I have with that game is the need to complete daily quests every day if you want to gain tokens to purchase certain items and the amount of micromanagement you have to do the higher in levels you get.  Between trying to track your dual class abilities, items for both your classes, transmutes, pets,etc. it just gets a bit tedious after a while.  Especially if you're like me and your play time is sporadic.  That and crafting in that game is really weak compared to a lot of other games.

Still, for f2p outside of DDO and Atlantica I think it is one of the best there is.  Now when judging it against other variants from the p2p realm it doesn't stack up but...you get what you pay for.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Ok then I have official given up on Lord of the rings, i got to 200 mb and a problem occured. DDO and Atlantica also had this problem. Must be something to do with pando media booster. How annoying. Runes of Magic is my next download. Whats the max lvl, does anyone know? Also what is the character customization like on it. 

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

The extra space required on your machine for lotro is worth it dude.

Make it so...

Ok then I have official given up on Lord of the rings, i got to 200 mb and a problem occured. DDO and Atlantica also had this problem. Must be something to do with pando media booster. How annoying. Runes of Magic is my next download. Whats the max lvl, does anyone know? Also what is the character customization like on it. 

It is level 60 per class.  Runes uses a dual class system so you will or I suppose I should say can level up two classes on your character.  So a character at max level would be 60/60.  At each level you get stat gains plus talent points that you can spend on different abilities for your class.  When you get your second class you can decide which one you want to use as your main and then have your secondary class active as well which enables you to use some abilities from the secondary class as well as the abilities of your main.

One thing to note: You only gain xp/tp on whichever class you have set as your primary.  So when you want to level up your other class on your character you will have to switch your classes around so that one is now your primary.  So while there are 60 levels it really ends up being 120 levels since  to be fully effective at your class you would want to level both of them respectively.

If disk storage space is what is causing your issues you might run into the same problem with RoM.  I don't believe the file is as large as LotR or DDO but you'll need at least a few gigs for the whole shebang.  Really for any of the newer games you have to plan on having quite a few gigs available on your hard drive to be able to download them.

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

Who has HDD space issues these days... wtf? Your PC has so much stuff you use every day that you can't free up the space? Dude newegg.com 1TB HDD for 60 bucks... gogogo

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• DrealgrinDrealgrin Member UncommonPosts: 156

I enjoyed Soul of the Ultimate Nation for a month or two. But it devolves into a grindfest like the original everquest was after like level 65. High max level though i think it's 80+, and cool abilities. Dragon Knights can turn into a Demonic thing with wings and it makes them nearly invincible. Valkyries can summon gigantic stone monsters or be ranged DPS. And the recently released Shadow class is alright too. Shadows can either be Necromancers or Assassins. Elementalists are pretty OP'd if you like playin the OP class. They'r the healers/casting class. Don't even bother with Berserkers, they are the worst class in the game.

I got loads of space left, i have no idea why the Lord of the rings or Dungeons and Dragons didn't work. Same message as my atlantica online. I think its the Pando media booster thats not working. Still thinking of downloading Runes of Magic. I've seen a few video's on it, seems quite good. Just not my style... I'm still trying to discover what exactly my style is . 

I got loads of space left, i have no idea why the Lord of the rings or Dungeons and Dragons didn't work. Same message as my atlantica online. I think its the Pando media booster thats not working. Still thinking of downloading Runes of Magic. I've seen a few video's on it, seems quite good. Just not my style... I'm still trying to discover what exactly my style is . 

Really...that's odd.. Never had a problem with Pando except for a while back it when I loaded it up with one game it would annoyingly start up every time I did a reboot for some stupid reason.  Maybe your antivirus program is getting false reads from it or you have a firewall program that is blocking it?  Only things I can think of.  I know some people have to temporarily deactivate certain programs when they're attempting to download something because it gives them false positives on their virus scanner or their firewall messes with the program's ability to properly download the data. 

EDIT: For numerous typos.  Holy crap, I cannot type worth a shit today for some reason -_-

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

You do not have to  pay at all on LOTR, if you do it right you can earn TP, and you can earn enough to play for free, you may have to grind to be able to, but games like rune of magic is the same way, alot of grinding to get it to F2P and if you wanna do anything in PVP your gonna pay....

but atleast LOTR you can play it for free 100% if you do it right and yes you can I do it... I have everything nearly and I have no paid a dime, the only thing I can't do is sell in the AH, which alls I will have to do is spend once on my CC...

Also be able to mai money, but other than that, that is it, so LOTR is F2P, when people say certain games are F2P most are not, yes you can log in and do stuff but LOTR you can as well, most F2P games if you grind enough then youc an play it for free..

Some its very hard to play it all for free, so... But people stop saying LOTR is a free umlimited trial, because thats not true.. I can prove it my account is free, and I have all the content just about and I paid nothing..... Many otehrs have done the same, youc an earn 7000TP per char .. You can  delete a char and remake to, and your points will be there, yes its a pain , but its FREE........

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

If you are willing to pay nothing then I most certainly can't recommend Lotro. Runes of magic would be your best bet as many people have suggested.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Give Uncharted Waters a whirl something different,similar to Bounty Bay/Voyage Century also seems not to restricted so u need not buy from the soon to launch cash shop unless u really get into the game image

p>
  • SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

Anarchy Online is a good free MMO to play

Uncharted Waters does look quite good to be fair, but the last game i played like that got really dull really quick. Still not sure about runes of Magic, looks like it requires Grinding... Like most MMO's. Guild Wars Didn't but its not F2P :/. Anarchy Online looks good. I think its my style. The rate I'm going it looks like im going to have to download all 3 of them. Who cares i go the space to have them all. Just wondering if i can actually be bothered on Uncharted waters. Well we'll see when i get in game.

Uncharted Waters does look quite good to be fair, but the last game i played like that got really dull really quick. Still not sure about runes of Magic, looks like it requires Grinding... Like most MMO's. Guild Wars Didn't but its not F2P :/. Anarchy Online looks good. I think its my style. The rate I'm going it looks like im going to have to download all 3 of them. Who cares i go the space to have them all. Just wondering if i can actually be bothered on Uncharted waters. Well we'll see when i get in game.

I had to quote myself. Just seen a video on Anarchy online, the graphics don't look to good. I like the Speed that hes lvling up though, however I'm sure hes put money onto the game which just looks like a waste to me... I'll download the game and see for myself i guess.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Vindictus is pretty good.