Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look what I found: MMODating: Dating for Gamers

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Well it's 12:59am and I was looking up on MMO's in Yahoo and I came across this site: http://www.mmodating.com/

I don't have time at the moment to browse the site (i need to get in bed for school), so why don't you guys take a look and give your thoughts. image

I'm still amazed that there is a dating site for Massive Multiplayer Online Games.....  imageimage

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Already posted here..
  • ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

Originally posted by TheWarc
    Already posted here..

Interesting and rather scary nonetheless.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

or on the roleplaying servers...

Forsooth me loveth you long time image

and..........

an impending law suit for using images from AO, CoH and Sims2 to promote your service image

AND............

cat people image

http://www.mmodating.com/index.php?page=gallery&id=248

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• moonfogmoonfog Member Posts: 979

Hm, dont know what i think of a "serious" site/company that spells "through" as "thru".....a sign this is a site made by kids...
    Dont get me wrong that kind of spelling etc is common ingame spelling etc, but for a site that wants to be taken serious, it the wrong way to go.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    i tryed it one time but like after 5 days i forgot about it hahaha
  • IragaelIragael Member Posts: 29

That's disgusting.

If you want to "date", go out there and find yerself a mate! Social activities are SOOOO much more rewarding when your facing the person and you can say, "Wow! She (or He) is hot!", instead of "Is that really a chick?"

~Iragael Vandayanaa,
    Elder of the Vandayanaa Dynasty,
    Knight,
    Order of the Shield,
    Sacred Silver Blades.
    My icon is copyright Jonathon Earl Bowser.

• ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

Originally posted by Iragael
    That's disgusting. If you want to "date", go out there and find yerself a mate! Social activities are SOOOO much more rewarding when your facing the person and you can say, "Wow! She (or He) is hot!", instead of "Is that really a chick?"

You've clearly never had a long-term relationship with a non-gamer.

• ValaraukValarauk Member Posts: 303

Originally posted by moonfog
    Hm, dont know what i think of a "serious" site/company that spells "through" as "thru".....a sign this is a site made by kids...
    Dont get me wrong that kind of spelling etc is common ingame spelling etc, but for a site that wants to be taken serious, it the wrong way to go.

I have met plenty of adult women who spell "through" as "thru" in their online communications, they think it's cute or somesuch.

WARNING: Spelling and grammatical errors intentionally left in document to test for Anal Retentive Trolls.

"The key to wasting time is distraction. Without distractions it's too obvious to your brain that you're not doing anything with it, and you start to feel uncomfortable." - Paul Graham http://paulgraham.com/hs.html

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I got me a look at the site finally. It looks pretty cheap and seems to have no sponsors what-so-ever. I'd have to admit that the website is nowhere near professional looks. There is nothing wrong (it depends) with long-distance relationships (not as in serious ones) online (if you can actualy visit the person or seen them before), but MMODating.com is a joke. I usually play with girls in my own school. It takes a while to get the word out of most of the hot girls.

Originally posted by ianubisi

That's disgusting.

If you want to "date", go out there and find yerself a mate! Social activities are SOOOO much more rewarding when your facing the person and you can say, "Wow! She (or He) is hot!", instead of "Is that really a chick?"

I had to take thought on this and I found out why you said that Ian and I agree with you. Why would someone go in a persons face and say "Wow! She (or He) is hot!" or "Is that really a chick?"?That is stupid and the person will think your crazy... Are you sure you don't do that stuff Irag? image

BTW, it's not disguesting, it's just disturbing, dumb and pointless to have a MMO dating site (in my opinion). Go to the real relationship finding sites and you might get somewhere with that. Other than that, go out and if you see a good looking one, start a conversation and go from there....

|

• DrimacusDrimacus Member Posts: 82

Let's exercise using our brains! Since he most likely meant that you will THINK those things to yourselves. Jesus christ.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Drimacus

Let's exercise using our brians! Since he most likely meant that you will THINK those things to yourselves. Jesus christ.

image Can someone explain or word out the weird paragraph Dirm just typed?

|

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

Originally posted by ianubisi

That's disgusting.

ive had long term relationships with non gamers, however i sort of became a closet gamer. and got even less then my not adequite amount of sleep. but seriously, the amount of chicks to guys who play video games is like 1 to 9, or at best 2 to 8.

so i dont think its too easy to find a gamer girlfriend, and if u do ur a lucky bastard.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    I feel like clicking on the hyperlink will result in everyone I know getting an email about "an amazing business opportunity if they just click the link below".
    Ungood
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Since this is a massive necro, I'm pretty sure the site changed to gamerdating.com
    Ungood
  • evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    edited February 2020
    15 year old thread? lol...

I bet necro's parent's met on this mmodating site.
    Ungood
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    Thsi thread is better than the Necro class in ESO!!
  • friendfinderfriendfinder Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    These occasions are a distant memory when folks needed to go to unique clubs and gatherings to meet a pleasant accomplice. Presently you can locate your best accomplice from your home with any gadget, and you don't require garments. Open gay hookup finder 
  • BestianoBestiano Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 2021
    I think that the chance of getting into relationships is much less than on regular dating websites. If you want to find yourself a girlfriend/boyfriend then you can try this one http://hookupid.net/quickflirt-reviews.html . It's a great website with a lot of reviews on dating plaforms. Some of them should fit you.