Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't want to use a 360 but....

ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

But the PS3 conmmunity is so anti-social and they never ever use micrphones while in multiplayer. Someone please explain to me how the PS3 community works because I'm not understanding it.

Comments

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

It doesn't.

For online play 360 is the only choice.

You get what you pay for bro.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

Originally posted by SaintViktor

But the PS3 conmmunity is so anti-social and they never ever use micrphones while in multiplayer. Someone please explain to me how the PS3 community works because I'm not understanding it.

The Xbox360 console comes with a microphone. Howevever the PS3 doesn't, this causes people to just shrug and not get one since I believe they costs $50.

Also try shopping around ingame for a clan that uses mics. I know there are lots of them in MAG.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• svet3dsvet3d Member Posts: 3

Xbox Live is Xbox Live man :) Ain't no equal. And this is said from a PS fan.

• Spiritof55Spiritof55 Member Posts: 405

Maybe some people dont want to talk while they play.  wtf is wrong with that?

I prefer not to chat myself.  When I do I hear all sorts of annoying shit that I regret using the headset.

See this is why pc games are sucking now.  Console gamers come to pcs and wonder what a keyboard is.  Omfg I can't type!  How can I play if I can't (yell, burp, fart, play music, eat, talk about sports, make odd noises, curse, talk about wife, talk about kids, etc) in someones ear!  So pc developers and third parties create a way for console gamers to annoy pc users and have them (insert more random shit here) in their ears too.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Originally posted by Spiritof55

Maybe some people dont want to talk while they play.  wtf is wrong with that?

I prefer not to chat myself.  When I do I hear all sorts of annoying shit that I regret using the headset.

See this is why pc games are sucking now.  Console gamers come to pcs and wonder what a keyboard is.  Omfg I can't type!  How can I play if I can't (yell, burp, fart, play music, eat, talk about sports, make odd noises, curse, talk about wife, talk about kids, etc) in someones ear!  So pc developers and third parties create a way for console gamers to annoy pc users and have them (insert more random shit here) in their ears too.

It isn't that. How is everybody supposed to be ont he same page while doing missions when 1 guy is constantly zoming into another area we are not doing. How are we supposed to tell him we are doing this first and we will get to that part next. Hmmm ? If people want to play multiplayer on a console then atleast use a headset to hear what is going on. How difficult is that ? Perhaps they need to stick to single player games then because the whole multiplayer experience on a console is all about communication. When you can't communicate with other players then what is the point ?

• Benj4minBenj4min Member Posts: 23

Well I have a ps3 and I dont find any problems but some people do.

Microphones cost about $30-$35 ( I find them for £20 in my local game stores) which is why people dont talk as much. Ps3 does have free online which is useful in the long run, but it doesnt have as many features as a 360. More people have 360's as well which is why you struggle to find players that are social online.

From my own expericance I find that there is far more headset users in certain games. I never find someone on cod4 who uses headsets yet cod5 nazi zombies almost always has someone using one. BFBC2 players hardly use them either. I mostly message because its easier which is what most people do. Maybe you should join a Clan who you can communicate with.

One thing you should be experianced with is the mute button. As said above there is wayyyy to many children who curse every time they die. They are soooo anoying.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by Rockgod99

It doesn't.

For online play 360 is the only choice.

You get what you pay for bro.

To say it is the only choice is downright laughable. The only difference is that the Xbox live is more social, to describe a bunch of teenagers screaming and singing in their mics as "you get what you pay for" is just silly.