Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A plane just messed up my router. (Lame excuses for leaving groups)

2»

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I am not one to cut out once I start but when I do I am just honest about it.  I mean who really cares? 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

"sorry guys, I have to masterbate see you tomorrow"

i used this ALL the time.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

In WoW we had a guy who just joined our guild on the same night as our raid night.

right before the first boss he says

"BRB, gotta take a shower"

and sat their afk as we took down the boss.

needless to say he was removed from the raid right after we took down the first boss locking him, and removed from the guild

• InterestingInteresting Member UncommonPosts: 972

"Oh, brb I heard gun shots"

then in the other day

"my neighboor caught his wife with another guy in the bedroom and shot them, real messy"

....ok

• KadiaKadia Member Posts: 30

I`ve seen

" GTG wife just had a baby""

"cops at the door probably wont come back bye"

"GF wants me to fuck her" 

right before boss fight " I have to throw up.. i think i have food poisoning" 

"gtg continue training ( btw im in the army ) " and they ended up never leaving.

all of them being obvious lies.. lol

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

I don't know much about raids, not much of a raider.

But DAoC had 8 man groups.

With a full group, it was rare that one person leaving would change much.

Plus, with 8 slots available, there was usually room to ad someone, so you could ad one person, BEFORE another left.

With a smaller 6 man group max, that's harder to do.

The solution is large max groups, that allow for more flexibility.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I think some of these were true:

Cat is on the keyboard!

A goblin (small child) has got loose, back soon!

My keyboard died.

Someone is outside my window.

'Wife not happy with time I have been on'. We told him all sorts of reasons being in a MMO was good for your marriage. He said 'no offence guys, but I don't run my marriage based on advice I receive in a game.' We did not think he was being lame, but it was funny.

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248

I remember back in vanilla WoW, our MT for a pug MC run left right in the middle of domo and shouted in raid channe "GREAT NEWS MY WIFE IS HOME AND SHE WANST ME TO PUT MAYONASE ON HER --GET RANDY TIME OH YA" then he logged off and we all wiped. It was retarted.

• XirikXirik Member UncommonPosts: 440

I use this one and then laugh my a$$ off when someone responds.

- AFK guys. My sister wants me to DO it again.

Always cracks me up.

"You have some serious mental issues you may need to seek some help for. There are others who post things, but do not post them in the way you do. Out of every person who posts crazy shit in this forum, you have some of the craziest and scariest" -FarReach

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I have a ridiculous collection of screenshots of this stuff, but this has to be my all time favorite. Can't believe this was 6 years ago, ahh nostalgia.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by MMOExposed

BrB my Girl firend is giving me a **** job....

yes this has been said

This one is the worst excuse someone said for me too.

I've also heard "Ima DC,rat cut the wire." And yet he was on for a solid 5 minutes still simply moving around before leaving the group.

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Everytime a train goes by I lag out. I cannot play some games because of this sometimes in the winter time. I hate it when it happends right when Im about to win PVP or when my gear is on the line or something. This year I have DSL and Cable (both lol and my internet still sucks . ..) so hopefully this wont happen this year.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA