Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nomos - A Sci-Fi RPG Experience.

CarrieMarieCarrieMarie Member Posts: 4

Would You Like To See The Future?

I would like to share with you about the Second Life role-playing sim called "Nomos" Firstly I have been playing Second Life for well over three and a half years and I've seen a million sims, and had some great role-playing in a lot of them, but never have I found a sim that actually balanced two very important things. A meter, and storyline. Now I'm sure you've all seen every possible role-playing sim out there and are probably like "Well what's so great about that?" Well for one the SGS System that they use is flawless and fun. It's got a great interface and is highly customizable, plus it displays your characters picture, which is another wonderful part of it.

Another part it introduces is a capture and release system for those of you who like the Gorean type of scenarios to be a bit more modern. It's highly intuitive for a gaming system on Second Life. Just when you think that it couldn't get any better, they also have a fully scripted Law and Order system. If you prefer the lifestyle of the criminal, get ready for a fun time, they have their own money system, so you can buy needed items for healing, weapons, and other such things. So as a criminal you can really hit the town up, find a car, break into it, steal a stereo, take it to the pawn shop, and just like that you have money. Be careful though, Metropol is ready to hunt down you citizens that want to break the law. They have their very own court system, right down to the arrest feature. You can be arrested, put in jail, go to trial plead your innocence, and maybe get out of the fine if you got a good lawyer.

Not into the criminal scene? There's a ton of jobs and opportunities to own a business that can turn a profit for you. Want to be a lawyer you can, want to hunt down criminals, but police life isn't for you? You can be a bounty hunter! The sky is the limit with this system and I promise you, Nomos is going to be one of the funnest sims you've been apart of in a long time, so stop by and take a look. It's a really fun time, and I promise well worth the visit.

And yes, the picture up top is my character, so if you see me in game, feel free to say hi, I'd be glad to talk with you about any of the storyline and answer any questions you might have. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see you in Nomos.

Features In Nomos

• Custom Game System - SGS (Socionex Game System) A First of its kind

• Crime and Punishment - Stand trial for your crimes.

• Law And Order - Arrest, and Punish Criminals

• Own A Business - Make Game Money Running A Shop

• Join A Gang, Start A Gang - Become a threat in Nomos

• Become Employed - Be a Lawyer, Doctor, or a Bounty Hunter

• Fight Club - Compete to be the best fitgher in Nomos.

There is so much to do in Nomos, your imagination is the only limit. If you are interested in learning more visit the following websites:

Nomos Main Page - SGS Socionex Game System

Second Life Destinations - http://secondlife.com/destination/nomos

Thank you for reading! Hope to see you there!

Comments

• CarrieMarieCarrieMarie Member Posts: 4

Look I get that it's Second Life, but really, no one is peeking into it, or at least asking some questions? I mean it honestly is the best you can ask for if you are into the full on customizing. Everything in this game is user created! Plus you can build stuff if you're good enough and make REAL money without having to farm crap.

• temptedonetemptedone Member Posts: 5

well thanks for sharing this game, it makes me wonder if this game is good. hopefully i ahve time to test it.

• JaideenJaideen Member Posts: 1

Looks like it has a lot of RP potential, once you get beyond all the Second Life BS. Unfortunately my English is not good enough for rp-heavy games like this :(

Bump for people who are interested in a good story, not flashy gameplay.

Well thank you two for the bump, I would really love to see you guys there. It's a great RP experience, especially to some of you older players that remember all the text based RP's back in the day. I personally enjoy a conversation heavy roleplaying game to a hack and slash game. That's just me though.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

What is combat similar to, if any?

~and how do activities like theft play out?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

Originally posted by GTwander

What is combat similar to, if any?

This, please.

The combat is based on a first person shooting view, depending on your weapon, it's all first person though. The theft system works through a gaming system called "SGS" it's an interaction feature, so if you're trying to pick pocket someone you'd do it via that. You can set up a whole mess of macro's and such for this to be easily done. Breaking into cars, or tills is based on random percentages, you will get lucky and succeed some of the time, and fail too. It's all very simple to follow.