Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Again Codemasters dissapoints me..

Codemasters closed down the welcome back accounts... and those trial accounts runnig longer then 14 days..

If they don't update really fast to F2P now, they'll loose a lot of possible customers...

Why not let this action run till F2P release?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ferdmertferdmert Member Posts: 10

The game is F2P now.

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I'm a little jaded by them also, I just wish they would have left my account open untill free to play launches:(

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

Originally posted by ferdmert

The game is F2P now.

Not it Europe it isn't, we're still waiting for the crossover.

• ferdmertferdmert Member Posts: 10

The game has launched it's F2P. 

Ahh ok, my bad guys.  Well, the F2P is worth it.  They did a great job switchingover.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526

I just got into it again .... poured in a lot of time this weekend in 2 new characters ...

Shame ... would have been a nice touch to have us play untill f2p ... which should have already been released!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Worst thing is they communicate about these actions at all..

That makes people feel like trash...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Not a smart move, not a smart move at all. However im not putting it past them to have ran into technical problems keeping up the welcome back week for such a long time, they should get it fixed in a few weeks.

• JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

Well, this is really simple. I was waiting for F2p, and I was ready to spend some money on it (I already own MoM, and I planed to spend around €30 on the start of f2p). I wasn't even playing, I was waiting for f2p and I wanted to start on new server...

BUT

Since they ended welcome back, AND f2p is few weeks away, I just decided that they aren't worth any money. There are too many good MMOs out here to care about lame codemasters.

That's it, I voted with my wallet, they won't get any more money from me. If enough people send message with their vallet they'll get the message.

For those that don't have EU accouts, you can simply go and play on US servers, but I don't feel like paying for 1 game twice (I already bought LOTRO and MoM expansion, both soon after they were released)

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

Originally posted by Johanson

Well, this is really simple. I was waiting for F2p, and I was ready to spend some money on it (I already own MoM, and I planed to spend around €30 on the start of f2p). I wasn't even playing, I was waiting for f2p and I wanted to start on new server...

BUT

Since they ended welcome back, AND f2p is few weeks away, I just decided that they aren't worth any money. There are too many good MMOs out here to care about lame codemasters.

That's it, I voted with my wallet, they won't get any more money from me. If enough people send message with their vallet they'll get the message.

For those that don't have EU accouts, you can simply go and play on US servers, but I don't feel like paying for 1 game twice (I already bought LOTRO and MoM expansion, both soon after they were released)

I've been looking for a good aaa title to try and take my attention waya from LOTRO, can you list some of them for me? OK I'm being a smart ass there, but really, just becasue you're impatient you just come off sounding like a spoiled brat, along with everyone else who is complaining that they can't play somethig for free for a little while.

They will go F2P where you live, it is just going to take a little time, and I'm willing to bet you and eveyone else who has the same complaint as you will still play it when it does.

Just relax a bit. The NA servers have queue's and theres loads of people running around questing, instancing, and having a good time in general. It will be worth your wait.

BUT

There is no statement on the web anywhere that f2p is weeks away..

It could be tomorrow, but then we don't know since codemasters seems to have made an oad of silence.

Dear players,

We would like to update you on the status of Free to Play launching in Europe. To ensure that we bring the best possible experience to our customers as well as resolving all major blocking issues we are now aiming to release within the next few weeks.

It is our hope that we will have a clear indication on the date soon and be able to provide you with more detailed information on the next steps involved in bringing Free to Play to Europe.

Thank you for your patience and we hope you continue to enjoy the on-going events in Middle-earth.

This was the last official message by community liasson Dnote last Friday

• xdrivexdrive Member UncommonPosts: 5

Yesterday when i played on snowbourn, it had massive lag spikes, perhaps the servers couldnt handle all the trial and returning players? but if it cant handle this then i wonder how its going with f2p.

• JohansonJohanson Member UncommonPosts: 52

I've been looking for a good aaa title to try and take my attention waya from LOTRO, can you list some of them for me? OK I'm being a smart ass there, but really, just becasue you're impatient you just come off sounding like a spoiled brat, along with everyone else who is complaining that they can't play somethig for free for a little while.

They will go F2P where you live, it is just going to take a little time, and I'm willing to bet you and eveyone else who has the same complaint as you will still play it when it does.

Just relax a bit. The NA servers have queue's and theres loads of people running around questing, instancing, and having a good time in general. It will be worth your wait.

Aoc, Aion, Lineage 2, Guild wars1 are all MMOs that I played recently, and I like them. I also like to play SP RPGs, so it's no biggie for me. And you don't need to tell me how Aoc (or any other game that I listed) is fail, becouse I played them all, and I like them. Reason why I was looking forward for lotro is because lotro is good for casual gaming, and that's why it's not worth for me to pay monthly fee, but I was ready to pay for content. For example I can play Lineage 2 for few hours per day / whole month, but I can't do same with lotro. Around 10 hrs of lotro per month is OK for me.

I'm not happy with the way how CM are handling this thing (and I'm not the only one). My issue is not that they are late with f2p. My issue is sum of all things they did wrong: late f2p + no info about what's going on + canceling welcome back + acting like everything is going fine "it's only little more testing, we need"

If they would be open and simply state that we'll not get f2p same time as US, it would be OK, but no, they waited until few day till f2p, and than they said: "ooops, we'r gonna be late" Next, they said f2p is gona be here around end of the month. Well, end of the mont is here, and it's now by the end of other month ...

If calling bullshit on codies for pulling this crap makes me spoiled brat, than fine I'm spoiled brat.

Its over 24 hours ago since Codemasters closed down the trial and welcome back action...

No word why..

No word when the game will go F2P

I think its an attempt to try and trick people intoo subbing before the game goes F2P. Shame on you codemasters for not communicting about these actions, you have proven to be an untrustworthy partner in this endeavor once to many. If you lose trust from your potential customers how are you ever going to retain that favour again?

This kind of attitude from publishers should be punnishable by law, as it seems they will never learn that open communication with customers is the only way to gain their trust.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

ALl I can think of is that they'll be launching 'soon'?

Turbine closed down their trial account program about a week before release (think it was a week - maybe a little more) However they also announced the date of FTP at that time and stuck to it (Not saying they shouldn't have delayed it a bit longer :D)

Hope you guys get satisfaction soon though!  It sucks having to wait, especially with no communication :(

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

Come to US Servers =]

I have fully expanded account on EU too.

Its not really to do with the whole F2P issue,  my issue is just with playing a game and not being alowed to post on the official forums where the real devs are.   Nobody at codemasters gives a shit about your game suggestions!

I've been on the US servers for several weeks now and its not more laggy than EU if anything its better.  not only that the website and my.lotro is all great!

The service you get from EU is just not on the same level,  F2P or not, I wish I'd have bought the US version way back in the beggining.

• insanexinsanex Member Posts: 145

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

BUT

There is no statement on the web anywhere that f2p is weeks away..

It could be tomorrow, but then we don't know since codemasters seems to have made an oad of silence.

I am curious about this 'oad' of silence. Never heard of such a thing. Dictionary says its another way of saying 'woad', which is a plant used in dyes. So this is like a silent plant? Codemasters is a strange company indeed.

insanex

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by sadeyx

Come to US Servers =]

I have fully expanded account on EU too.

Its not really to do with the whole F2P issue,  my issue is just with playing a game and not being alowed to post on the official forums where the real devs are.   Nobody at codemasters gives a shit about your game suggestions!

I've been on the US servers for several weeks now and its not more laggy than EU if anything its better.  not only that the website and my.lotro is all great!

The service you get from EU is just not on the same level,  F2P or not, I wish I'd have bought the US version way back in the beggining.

Are there some simple config changes that we can do to make the EU client connect to the US servers? I don't fancy downloading it all again... image

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

umm, im not sure.

You could start the download, then copy the contents of you /codemasters/lotro directory into the /turbine/lotro directory and see if it updates that?

But you will need the US launcher since I beleive thats the thing which points you to the US servers.