Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Games?

JekkenoJekkeno Member Posts: 11

Hey, I have played WoW and RuneScape for a couple years now, and i'm tired of paying for WoW, private server isnt an option. As for RuneScape its not that bad, but im not sure how long it has left. I'm looking for a MMORPG that I can invest alot of time into and not die out in a couple years. So here is what im looking for:

Free (item mall is okay I guess)

Medium to high playerbase

low end graphics option

Simmilar to WoW or RuneScape

English

Open to North America

And basically anything you have had a good experience with!

Please list as many as possible, thanks :)

Canadian

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I just got into Mabinogi and I have to say it's pretty good. The combat is interesting, as it's timing/action based with a paper-rock-scissors format, but I'd have to say that SMT does the same combat scheme while being far tighter on the control. It's a lot like Runescape though; as in it's click to move, and there's no classes (you gain skills as you use then, then apply Ability Points to rank them up), and there's a lot of side-things to do that can involved crafts or "part-time jobs". I have no experience with the latter yet, but I'll give it a go when I hop in later.

Very decent for an F2P so far, and a lot of people play - but it's topheavy so you'll only see a few people in the earlyer areas, and most of them are on the original continent. So if you power on to the giant/elf towns to get a freebie character card to play as those races, you won't see too many people. They are all in the aforementioned place.

Otherwise, try Wurm Online's infinite free trial server "Golden Valley"... yes, I have to plug it when I can. Has to be the deepest game ever conceived, but the combat, models and animations are "meh" at best. Turn the graphics all the way up though, and the world is really good looking.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• JekkenoJekkeno Member Posts: 11

Okay I will check it out, I have been looking all day and have Found DDO And LOTRO. They seem good. Any experience with the two?

Canadian

Originally posted by Jekkeno

Okay I will check it out, I have been looking all day and have Found DDO And LOTRO. They seem good. Any experience with the two?

DDO, hands down, has the best structured dungeons in the entire genre. The game lacks depth in other places, but makes up for it in how awesome the instances are. Traps, great combat, and a narrator that plays the DM you'll end up loving.

LotRO is boring as shit, in my opinion. It's basically WoW w/ LotR, but it has one saving grace that keeps the new F2P version on my hard drive - the music system. Basically, it lets you map your keyboard into a piano and jam out on lutes and other instruments in real time. All I ever do in that game is grow pipeweed and shred on my lute.

Great! Thanks for the reply.

Canadian

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Originally posted by GTwander

DDO, hands down, has the best structured dungeons in the entire genre. The game lacks depth in other places, but makes up for it in how awesome the instances are. Traps, great combat, and a narrator that plays the DM you'll end up loving.

LotRO is boring as shit, in my opinion. It's basically WoW w/ LotR, but it has one saving grace that keeps the new F2P version on my hard drive - the music system. Basically, it lets you map your keyboard into a piano and jam out on lutes and other instruments in real time. All I ever do in that game is grow pipeweed and shred on my lute.

I would have to agree with this.

I also would suggest Guildwars though if you do not mind buying to play but there is no reoccurring monthly sub so its definitely worth the money. You have to be able to tolerate heavy instances though. You pretty much find groups in outposts and enter instanced missions. What I really like about it is that you can only bring 8 out of 100s of skills/spells to choose from.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

Okay, but when GW2 comes out will it be dead?

Canadian

Okay, but when GW2 comes out will it be dead?

Doubt it.

The major thing keeping newer games from really storming the market is the average user's rig.

Sounds good, right now im rolling a lower end pc and I meet DDO's minimum specs, so I think I will stick to DDO for now. Thanks :)

Canadian