Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to the game?

Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I know it was sold but suddenly one day the site would not work anymore. Is it shut down now?

Comments

• LostGamingLostGaming Member Posts: 19

People are talking about it in this forum: http://ee.k5p.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=195

I also suggest you also make an account while you're there since no ones knows what is happening and it's the only forum the majority of our community is in. image

Blinking contest... NOW!

• LostGamingLostGaming Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Mod Asp

Just so everyone knows, the site and the game being shut down temporarily is all part of the process to switch over from SPM to the new owners.

I will do my best to keep you updated as much as possible.

Asp.

This is if people didn't go to the site linked above/ didn't see this.

Blinking contest... NOW!

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by LostGaming

Just so everyone knows, the site and the game being shut down temporarily is all part of the process to switch over from SPM to the new owners.

Asp.

I sincerely hope Asp is correct. If so, I can't believe there's not a placeholder page saying "Out for lunch...brb" or that there wasn't any advance notice.  Frankly, It seems like their host pulled the plug and we have to wait for the new owners to get things up and running.

~Ripper

Originally posted by rhinok

Originally posted by LostGaming

Asp.

I sincerely hope Asp is correct. If so, I can't believe there's not a placeholder page saying "Out for lunch...brb" or that there wasn't any advance notice.  Frankly, It seems like their host pulled the plug and we have to wait for the new owners to get things up and running.

~Ripper

Quoting myself.  It did indeed turn out that the host pulled the plug for non-payment.  This was confirmed by Matt Mihaly on the facebook fan page:

"Hi everyone. As you know, Earth Eternal is down. Our ISP pulled the plug for non-payment, which was expected. I wasn't able to give you any warning, unfortunately, because I was at Burning Man and completely out of reach for the week that it went down. Full backups of all the data exist and the company that is in the process of buying Earth Eternal will be starting it back up again in the nearish future."

Of course, being a persistent MMO, all of the data has been backed up.  The outstanding questions at this point are:

• Who are the new owners?

• Will they fix the game or simply launch it as is?

• Will the game go back into closed beta?

• Will there be a character wipe?

• Will they refund credits if there is a wipe?

• etc...

~Ripper

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Another week, no new info i guess.

it could be a while till we see the game resurrected, will be interesting to see what its rebirth will be like.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Today, per a post by Matt Mihaly on the Earth Eternal Forever fan forums:

Hi everyone,

Quick update: We're close to finalizing the sale of EE. Very close. Sorry it's taken so long! There have just been a bunch of things to work through in order to complete the deal.

Nothing else to tell right now, but wanted to let you know that EE is not forgotten nor dead.

--matt

~Ripper

Originally posted by ameeny

It’s a shame that a complete title with a complex world has been shut down. Will it be opened again or turned into a bubble for good? Who knows?

It wasn't a complete title.  Under Sparkplay, it was a beta product . Sankando revamped, but released that same incomplete beta product as Iki Story.  Turnout Ventures was the developer behind the Sankando product and released it in beta status for the Western Market and admitted it wasn't finished.

As for whether or not the game will be opened again, who knows?  Sankando suddenly shut down their game last fall with an announcement that the game would return in Spring 2012.  It's Spring 2012 now and the game hasn't relaunched.  I'm guessing it never will.  The Turnout Ventures staff who were responsible for it are all long gone, to the best of my knowledge. Piggypops most definitely is...