Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

patching..

patching is insane.. any trick to make it faster? I have like 0 / 6 connexion and time is 9:32:18 to go.. sigh

Comments

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

servers are down for maintenance..... until 4pM ESt at least.

• hellsmaskerhellsmasker Member Posts: 33

but still.. I should be able to connect on others ?

• locherbreadlocherbread Member Posts: 15

I've been patching now for 5 hours and have downloaded a grand total of 13.2% absolutely rediculous, I expected to come home, install/patch the game and be up and playing in 2-3 hours, but at this rate I wont be able to play for 3 weeks :(

Currently

Upload speed 38.23 KB/s   Remote connections 0

Download Speed 0.0 B/s    Local Connections 12

Pain in the ass..

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

How about downloading the patch ?

google -> name of patch + rapidshare

Put this thing in the right path (I forgot it, but you can google as well) and you are done patching 

• ShastraShastra Member Posts: 1,061

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98118-How-To-Update-FFXIV-Client-Via-Torrents

All the info you need. i used torrent and took me 2 mins to get everything done.

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

People say something about opening your ports. But personally, I dont have very great internet and all my patches have gone smoothly. The big main one I did after installing from the cd took about 3 hours . There have been small ones since.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties others are having. But it does seem to work fine for some people. When I patched I was getting upwards of 300kbs/second at times.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

Originally posted by hellsmasker

patching is insane.. any trick to make it faster? I have like 0 / 6 connexion and time is 9:32:18 to go.. sigh

Took me a day to patch. And I mean a 24 hour day, not like 8 hours. How do you make it go faster? I don't know, learn how to paint or something to pass the time haha.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by locherbread

I've been patching now for 5 hours and have downloaded a grand total of 13.2% absolutely rediculous, I expected to come home, install/patch the game and be up and playing in 2-3 hours, but at this rate I wont be able to play for 3 weeks :(

Currently

Pain in the ass..

Just use Torrent.

Just stop the updater and :

Just goto the

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv48eca647metainfo

or

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv2d2a390fmetainfo

Either of these hold the torrents for any patch just double click and download........ hundreds of peers and the download will fly through.

When the file is downloaded move it to the patch directory associated with each of the metainfo dirctories

delete any files here... a partial torrent download will probably exist, move the files to teh relevant directory belwo and restart the patcher.

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv48eca647patch

or

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv2d2a390fpatch

It is worth saving all these patch files to s seperate directory just in case you ever need to reinstall......

• hellsmaskerhellsmasker Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by Shastra

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98118-How-To-Update-FFXIV-Client-Via-Torrents

All the info you need. i used torrent and took me 2 mins to get everything done.

thanks for the reply.. but looks like its a dead thread :(

Originally posted by Isane

Currently

Pain in the ass..

Just use Torrent.

Is there an offcial Torrent which has the entire patch in one lump sum, or must I trawl dodgy websites downloading dozens of indivual patches?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

Originally posted by Isane

Currently

Pain in the ass..

Just use Torrent.

Just stop the updater and :

Just goto the

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv48eca647metainfo

or

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv2d2a390fmetainfo

Either of these hold the torrents for any patch just double click and download........ hundreds of peers and the download will fly through.

When the file is downloaded move it to the patch directory associated with each of the metainfo dirctories

delete any files here... a partial torrent download will probably exist, move the files to teh relevant directory belwo and restart the patcher.

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv48eca647patch

or

D:My DocumentsMy GamesFINAL FANTASY XIVdownloadsffxiv2d2a390fpatch

It is worth saving all these patch files to s seperate directory just in case you ever need to reinstall......

Bump.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487

Now you get to see the REAL launch and its LOL

Thanks Isane just saw your previous post, excellent :)

Damn British Telecom my IP they throttle torrent downloads at this hour, so just going to take as long

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

It's been my experience that the patcher is a little wierd.  It'll suddenly kick in after several minutes of sitting around.  Maybe you're put in queue.

Worse case scenario, there is a community work-around, which has already been posted.

Incidentally, the patching issues are stickied at the top of the forum, right next to that other sticky about not posting things we already have stickies for.

• AgartAgart Member UncommonPosts: 82

Strange...i bought the game this morning, installed at like 8:30 EST, patching took about 50 min, had no problem...maybe theres more people trying to patch right now, i dont know

• ZorakGhostalZorakGhostal Member Posts: 122

Yes there *was* a community fix for this problem, but then SE decided it didn't want our help fixing their crap patcher and now *yes* you do have to run all over the net trying to find some dodgey rapidshare link to download the patch to play the game you just spent money on. The torrent "work around" doesn't really change much for people on crap ISPs that block torrent traffic, obvious solution is webhosting but of course SE can't have anyone doing that..